LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

Hello All,

New BBCP player who's not only trying to learn the game mechanics but also learn the basics concepts of Noel. Any advice for any good streams to watch or top Noel players to look at? I'm hoping that by studying the game and then watching videos it will help my learning curve a bit. I wish I had discovered BlazeBlue earlier because I absolutely love it thus far! Thanks,

Try putting in the dash a few frames after 22C activates. I've been having trouble with 66>6c and that seemed to have helped some. What is it called a buffer? someone with more knowledge can probably explain it better lol.

I went in the lab to try it out myself, it's a little weird, but timing wise not to bad once I realized a few things. So make sure your dashing the moment 22C connects cause it's easy to delay the dash without realizing it, what helped me connect 5B right after it was pressing it as the dash is about to end.

Would you guys mind sharing any tips on how to effectively use 4D? I'm trying to use it as a reversal, but that's going horribly. Also, how I get out of corners against someone like Litchi?

Any general tips for a new Noel player would be appreciated as well.

4D isn't that good of a reversal but makes a pretty good anti air if spaced right. It's pretty tough for Noel to get out of pressure situations, I personally don't like fighting litchi no matter what character I play cause she has such a strong pressure game, one way to deal with it is to be familiar with litchi's normals and gatlings and specials, helps you see things from their perspective a little and helps with blocking.

As for Noel tips, I would get familiar with how her drives work and know the spacing on her optic barrels also. Also good to know the spacing for moves like 6A cause its a good anti air. A mistake with new Noel players is they get drive happy and go nuts with it, try not to do that cause it is possible to poke her out of some of her drive strings and there are other ways to net good damage.

I'm not an expert on the character but these are just some general things I would suggest.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated!

As far as reversal tools go, is her only option her Distortion Drive?

Fenrir and counter-assault pretty much.

The Litchi match-up is pretty hard in my opinion, it's pretty much IB alot and try to find holes in her pressure. 4D has 1-26F Body and Projectile Invul. which could eat her DP or other staff moves(Im not 100% sure though).

ok against litchi specifically you can 4D litchi's 6A overhead and 2D > D launch staff (low version) and her dp. 6D doesn't work on the 2D staff launch or her dp. Also on litchi's 6D you can 6D or 4D that. itsuu > 5B you can 4D or 6D that. Itsuu > 5C you can only 4D that. as for other things like litchi's 4D overhead you have to block it. these are just a few things but overall you kinda are gonna lean more on the blocking side of this match-up.

I'm pretty sure the timing for drive buffering has not changed at all.

An interesting thing I learned recently is that you only need to press D once for any D buffered attack. For example when doing 623D, just buffer the input before landing then press D as you land.

Does anyone know the invincibility of Noel's drive? Especially 4D and 5D. Does 4D have full body invincibility or something? Been a while since I play, and got destroyed by drive spamming Noel. I tried both low sweep and jump attack and both got countered by 4D.

Any tips on countering drive spamming in mirror match will be nice too.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Noel_Vermillion_%28BBCP%29#Drive_Moves

4D is invincible to projectiles and body attribute moves, from the first frame to the frame beyond when it goes active. You can beat it with foot or head attribute attacks, so both of the things you tried should beat a 4D if it's still in startup. You may have been countered by 4D because it went active before your own moves, or because your attacks whiffed because Noel kinda moves back during 4D's startup.

Wiki says 5D has no invincibility. As far as I've seen it's not much of a move to use at neutral in BBCP, and used more as a gatling after 6B to convert into a drive combo, or as a general drive juggle combo filler.

4D is body and projectile invuln.

if you used 3C, 4D beats that because its a prohectile, same for j.C.

Does anyone know the invincibility of Noel's drive? Especially 4D and 5D. Does 4D have full body invincibility or something? Been a while since I play, and got destroyed by drive spamming Noel. I tried both low sweep and jump attack and both got countered by 4D.

Any tips on countering drive spamming in mirror match will be nice too.

I can't speak 100% for CP, but I've played every other version, always a Noel main. Noel's mirror matches suck. I find that 2D is your friend in this matchup. It will beat 4D, which is your worst enemy. However, remember that 2D beats lows, so if they wake-up 2D, and you try to low poke, you will lose. 4D creates a small space before the active frames, which will cause attacks with short reach to whiff. Suffice it to say, Noel's 5A/2A have very short reach. It's usually best to stay at about arm's length, rather than right up next to them.

If you find your opponent Drive spamming, remember that Chain Revolver is basically scripted. You KNOW the 4 move limit, and what finishers there are. Best bet is to stay back while CR is occuring, and when you see a finisher or a re-load, dash in and punish. Just watch for Assault Through. That one can be avoided with a jump. If you're in a block string, watch for high (d.6B) and low (6D), and it's easy to poke out longer Drive moves (5D, 6D, 4D, d.6B). I always see characters with DP hit immediately after d.6C. I don't know if Noel can poke out of this, but I don't see why not.

If I said anything bad/wrong, feel free to chime in.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Noel_Vermillion_%28BBCP%29#Drive_Moves

4D is invincible to projectiles and body attribute moves, from the first frame to the frame beyond when it goes active. You can beat it with foot or head attribute attacks, so both of the things you tried should beat a 4D if it's still in startup. You may have been countered by 4D because it went active before your own moves, or because your attacks whiffed because Noel kinda moves back during 4D's startup.

Wiki says 5D has no invincibility. As far as I've seen it's not much of a move to use at neutral in BBCP, and used more as a gatling after 6B to convert into a drive combo, or as a general drive juggle combo filler.

You didn't mention it, but you can always throw counter 4D.

Sorry for the triple-post feel free to combine or whatever. I didn't want to edit my last one, due to change of topic.

A few general questions:

1- Is Japanese CP playable against people who own North American CP when it releases?

2- I hear English VAs in the Japanese release. What's up with that? So they make a dub here for the Japanese to enjoy, then delay the game several months before giving it to us? Are the story sections in English, too? Is there English text? Does anyone know if the Japanese enjoy English dubs or something?

If there's English and compatibility with the NA release, I'll probably just import a copy now instead of waiting.

It depends on your tolerance for netplay; from what I've heard it's playable.

English VA is only for the battle dialogue. It's not available in story or any other mode. There is no English text aside from the character names and yes both versions are netplay compatible.

What are some good Block Strings in for Noel. I'm still having some trouble breaking in, and that's starting to bite my butt!

the most optimal is a string ending with a close range 2C, since it's +1, but be careful, because people like to DP afterwards.

Also using 5C > 5D is the safest way to initiate drive pressure where her mix up becomes much more powerful.