Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Jin Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Jin matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

Welp just got done fighting a Jin online for like 4 hours. The neutral looks pretty stupid. Jin has slightly more range so you end up just running around getting pretty close to him then back dashing trying to bait normals out. He should always win air to air. his j.B beat mine plenty of times and his j.C is even better. His j.B also beat my j.C. Noel AA can work against him but ofc if you see him jump at you and u AA and he baits it with another jump your going to get punished. If he does double sekkajin or w/e in the corner and jumps (he's trying to setup vortex) just roll out of the corner. IDK why Jin's do that when they can just refreeze into vortex but they seem to like too from time to time. Noels projectile is faster than his and I was able to react to his and punish with OB plenty of times. I'm not entirely sure when his pressure ends so that got me tons of losses. You can 6A his 6B (flip kick) but gl doing that on reaction. I just predicted it but I was on netplay so maybe its easier offline. It's pretty easy to 5A though. D Ice car worked as an AA for him plenty of times (or air catch, when i tried to jump out of 5D>d Ice car pressure) ; but I think D Ice car is unsafe anyways so if he 5D just block low for a little bit longer then you should be back at neutral. Basically from what I got out of it Jin has slightly better neutral, has worse zoning and overhead conversion because he needs meter. But he still has better mixup oppurtunities than Noel because of his vortex. I lost most of my matches just guessing wrong to it. Remember to abuse the Jin only overhead combo as much as possible. Now time to go into the lab and figure out when his pressure actually ends.

Just started working on stuff against Jin. So Here's where I will write my notes down. First I'm just going to look through his pressure and see where I can escape or option select him.

For his 214B (Ice Car) It is possible to punish him with 2B but will take some practice. If he decides to do the ~C follow up it will be auto blocked because it is gapless. The C follow can be punished with 665B>stuff. Jin's will sometimes autopilot this in pressure because it's part of their BnB so make sure to punish them for doing it. The D version is the same except it can always be punished with 5B.

Another note is that a lot of times Jin's will Sekkajin mid screen to end a combo then IAD on top of you for a possible mixup. If you see them IAD you can late tech forward to avoid him.

Jin's 5D can be punished with 665B but it is pretty difficult unless you IB it. If he dashes forward after 5D then you are free to 5A/2A pressure once he gets close. He is safe but negative. If IB'd you can punish dash with 2B.

His 6B is positive so if you block it you should probably go ahead and respect the next thing. Sometimes I see Jin players do 6B>6B. The only thing so far I've found is to just learn to react to his 6B and 5A it. It is possible to 2A it as well but 6B can go over 2A if mistimed. So better just to 5A.

his 5B gatlings can be fuzzy guarded if he does them asap. You can sort of OS them with 4D but if he does 5B>6B then 4D will lose. If he does 5B>2B/3C it will be blocked and if he does 5B>6A Noel's 4D will win. The way I'm practicing this is just recording 4 different gatlings: 5B>2B, 5B>6A, 5B>6B, and 5B>5D. Then having them be played back randomly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn0lS4_HGGs This should probably also be here too for when you get him in the corner.

That's all I have for now. Going to practice these things then see if I can fight another Jin and see what other problems I run into.