Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Kagura Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Kagura matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

this match up I consider to be pretty even, Kagura can easily cover a lot of ground and punish noel if she gets drive hungry, his DP is also extremely good and can be combo'd off of, however Noel has 4D to help punish a lot of his moves and can also bait out the DP for a nice 5k combo off of CH 5C. Believe it or not I have found that simply doing 3C when Kagura is trying to do his Dive in move (don't know what buttons it is) is very effective as Noel will go underneath his sword and punish leading into around 3.5K of damage.

Air to air they seem pretty equal as well, and 6A is as always your friend for air dashes in.

Matchup seems to be more in Kagura's favour, even if by a whisker. Noel has no moves that can hit him if she blocks his flashkick and Kagura's 6D~C eats up over half her moves, including her 3C. Even though Noel beats him in the air, she cant really take him on when he's on the ground because his Rising Dragon special destroys her 2D and Revolver Blast 

Why is it that when you get hit by anything, you just automatically lose 4k?  Didn't anybody test this character before releasing him.......and then patching him?

Because you actually only lose 4k when getting hit by specific things in specific situations, that is to say, unreliable starters midscreen or fairly safe ones in the corner. Don't get cornered by the character who loses a lot of his neutral presence whenever he abandons charge to move around. Don't get hit by the crossup move or the questionable high/low drive mixup, as a general rule you can upback barrier an alarming number of his offensive options. Don't get counterhit by the charging stab move with projectile guardpoints, block it if you need or just 4/6D on reaction to a fullscreen one. Don't get regular/command grabbed for no reason. If he gets you with a real starter while you were under an orb, that's because he hit you with a small, non-4k combo and now has oki, and that sounds pretty fair to me.

This hasn't been mentioned here yet but I feel this is really important to be able to apply pressure without being completely afraid all the time: always end combos in 22B if possible. This forces Kagura to either quick get-up or techroll, both of which options can be called out for big damage... or to neutral tech safely but give up charge for the next second. If you condition him to neutral tech,doing somewhat of a meaty overhead makes him stand up to block and, again, gets rid of his downcharge. This is true for drive blockstrings as well, d.6C into d.6B is gapless as far as I know and either gets rid of charge or hits him cleanly. Knowing all this, the major challenge of the matchup seems to me to be able to win neutral, but hey, Kagura has Sonic Boom and safe antiair Flashkick. He's supposed to be good at neutral.