LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

for a drive ender into oki I've had success with:

j.D d.6A d.5C 22B

or

j.D d.2D d.6A d.5C 22B

doesn't work on Amane though, looks like he can't get oki'd without the juggled 6B

Amane sounds like he's gonna be a pain in the ass lol.

actually luna you can gatling into 2B from a 2b in CP its just requires you to do it pretty fast. the execution is on a demanding side especially if its in a combo to be red beat

ill try it again then. I'm honestly more upset about 2C not comboing into 3C

I'm pretty sure the timing of 2B > 2B hasn't changed. I'm more surprised you're not having trouble with Fenrir > Fenrir. My timing on that is :V

And 2C > 3C not working was confirmed for a while wasn't it? Rip 2C being level 3

And 2C > 3C not working was confirmed for a while wasn't it?

It was. Doesn't make it any less painful though.

fenrir fenrir is super easy. and I figured out 2BB, it really hasn't changed at all lol. I figured out some great oki, its been in jp vids, but I may make a vid to explain it.

CH Revolver Blast on standing opponent can be followed up by the following after recovery: 5A , 2A, 5B , 2B , 6C. Best combo I have meterless is 4.2k / 30 heat. This is with the 5B follow up into 6A. CH 2369C > 5B > 6A > J.C > J.D > D.6C > D.2D > D.6A > D.5C > 22B > 662B > 6C > 6B > 6D > D.6B > D.5C > D.6B > BT.

If you want a 22B oki ender instead, then this is what I came up with as a replacement for now: CH 2369C > 5B > 6A > J.C > J.D > D.6C > D.2D > D.5C > 22B > 662B > 6C > 6B > 22B. 3.7K / 27 heat

both of these combos are midscreen or near a corner

Edited by Litherain-XIII

the jp noel player Kou-Vermillion (like that name drop I just did?) informed me on twitter that you can oki Amane by using j.D d.5C d.6A d.5C d.5A 22B as an ender. I haven't tested it yet but I have no reason to doubt him.

also a better midscreen confirm off of tk rb would be to replace Lith's 22B > 66 > 2B with 22C~66 > 6C. I'd normally notate the whole combo but typing on a phone is hell for combo notation.

I can't help but notice that CP Noel was built with no Chain Revolver Spam in mind.

Other then 4D reversal, it looks like the only use Chain Revolver serves now is as a Combo Tool.

It also looks like 6A plays much more of a vital role in Noel's combos now.

^ Tell that to Oboro

Sidenote: I almost never 3c anymore except when I'm crouch confirming from a 5B midscreen. It's crazy

I can't help but notice that CP Noel was built with no Chain Revolver Spam in mind.

Other then 4D reversal, it looks like the only use Chain Revolver serves now is as a Combo Tool.

It also looks like 6A plays much more of a vital role in Noel's combos now.

I've actually started to go into drive more and more against people who respect during pressure for a little bit of chaos. Having Chamber Shot really helps with odd or unexpected ground confirms (especially that 2C that no longer combos into 3C...RIP).

So far, I think adjusting the different confirms and drive strings is what I'm most needing to work on. Still a bit shaky on how things should flow and how they should end depending on the starters.

Silencer is weird now.

DLC OG Noel costume was an awesome surprise.

This game is way too good and the online is cherry pie~

Ok was messing around with some stuff and found a new link path kinda interesting. On a standing or crounching opponent you can do 5B/ 5A/ 2B starter into 6A > 6C > 6B > 22B since 6B causes knockdown state. but you can also add a 3C at the end of 6B and link into a 22B to potentially continue the combo or end it still on 22B oki. the juggle 6C > 6B > 3C > 22B link can also set up some potential tech traps and can still offer oki as well.

EDIT: Btw this can be used at the end of some combos. there are come that can go 6C(2) > 6B > 22BBBBBBBBB or simply just go the normal corner ender 6C(2) > 6B > 3C >22B as an example

Edited by Litherain-XIII

^6B Forces crouch, did you mean that or am I ignorant to another change?

Looks like 22b is dead except for oki enders, which is fine by me if this is the case.

You mention juggling, is there 22B juggling or are you referring to combo gatling? Juggles are pretty.

Wat I mean is basically if you did something like 2b> 6A> 6c> 6b> 22b on a standing opponent the 6b forces knockdown state which allows you to do 22b without the need for 3c or j.c.

ok so yeah, I figured out how to bait pretty much everything with Noel's new corner oki.

I'll explain it a bit here, but I want to do a video about it in the future.

after a corner combo, use 22B until you are about 2 or 3 character lengths away from your opponent. At this point, stop and use 6D. Here's the possible choices you can make:

6D > d.5A > d.6B (6D and d.5A will whiff on neutral tech, and your opponent will have to block overhead. This will also beat tech rolls, and no techs, allowing for a combo follow up)

6D > d.5A > d.6D (same as above, only a low, this however will not combo on no techs and forward rollers, though it will still hit them, the d.6D will just drop the combo)

6D > d.5A > d.4D (Beats DP attempts, follow up with d.2D > d.6B > 236D to follow up for a combo)

6D > d.6A (6D whiffs, but d.6A will hit meaty, it beats attempts to poke on wakeup, and will catch jumpers.)

6D > d.5A > d.2D (Beats grabs, including Tager's Command Grab Reversals, even 720)

6D > d.5A > Spring Raid (Beats everything, but punishable on block, can only combo if the Spring Raid counter hits, or if you RC the spring raid, this is never really a good idea, since even if you CH with spring raid, the resulting combo wont be too impressive, add to that how punishable it is on block, it's just not the best idea.)

Finally got my hands on the game, wow its gonna take some getting used to. Old habits must die. Been doing some challenge mode shit to get some basics stuff going. Will be in practicing these setups afterwards.

Yes. When playing NOL Noel input 214214C for her old astral, and yes you are able to use both of them.

Not like Astrals are very practical, but doesn't that technically make og Noel 'better'? Seems odd.