Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Combo Guide & Discussion (WIP - Latest Update: 2/26/2014 - 2C/6C/3C fully staffless corner combos added)

I believe that was supposed to say "dash".

I'll post some Ryuisou combos later.

Alrighty then. Thanks.

I believe that was supposed to say "dash".

I'll post some Ryuisou combos later.

Ahh... Well that makes sense.

Me and like 5 other people just couldn't tell what it was supposed to be... This was after some drinks though :P

Sitting there trying to figure out what move could be 'dahd' and still actually make the combo work but I never even though of a movement option as opposed to move

It's still probably worth learning everything for the sake of character familiarity.

It's going to be easier to slightly re-learn Litchi post patch than it is to learn her from scratch so you might as well get used to her now and make adjustments later.

To answer your question in the intended way: Corner combos are pretty safe from the nerf, you can learn most of those just fine.

Mid screen ones may or may not be changing a little.

Earlier today a Japanese player posted a summary of his experiences with post-patch Litchi which I've translated here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s199/sh/78c9fb79-f71c-4f45-bfb4-cdd8eccbb979/7443c98f5228f896c57832d2dd37978c

There are a few interesting things combo-wise. In particular, there's one line that says Daisangen > 5B doesn't work on more of the cast (unlike now, where it only doesn't work on Ragna). I have no idea what on earth he's talking about, because I can't find anything that suggests that should be true, but at the same time I can't possibly imagine what else he's trying to say. Additionally, there was already one post-patch video where it did work on Carl when he claims it doesn't--but that was off of 2C > 6D, and it's possible that the new restrictions are just on grounded characters. He might also mean Daisangen > no-tech > 5B pickup, but I can't imagine why on earth that would be worth testing.

The 4B changes hurt. That same video showed a few uses of 4B and the recovery is painful to even watch. Luckily it looks like 4B > ItsuuA still works like we want in most places, particularly in corner, but it's tighter and requires practice. Notably, it's harder to make 5B > 4B work against low-altitude characters, so now we want to do combos which put the opponent fairly high when we get to that point. One example off of j.2D is given in the notes.

For the same reason, use of ItsuuA in throw combos is harder.

New Kokushis give us interesting combo options. In corner, vertical Kokushi to j.Chun > 2A > 5B > 4B > 6D works. Minimum damage on horizontal Kokushi is big, we get flat 1900 with horizontal Kokushi + Chinro ender, so that looks like the new go-to 100% ender (vertical version's hitstun was halved so vertical Kokushi > Chinro won't work).

Apparently going for astral in OD combos is super good, Ea hit with it 25 times on the first day.

Forgot what "Daisangen" is (i know I use it) 

But other than that. the  Video of Carl vs Litchi v1.1 had me abit worried but after looking at it strategically. The update isn't that bad. I mean a few tighter combos > nerfed air  normal hit combo starters and 4b nerf are all fair. Combos are still fine. 

My only question (it'll get answered after some more videos up come out) would be how tight is Air grab >Itsuu C is and possible does the height of the Air grab make it impossible (so if its too high  5B/2B > 4B[m] and average height/low = Itsuu C will be Tighter/Easier)

We'll see I guess. Corner stuff ain't changed.  No more kokoshi in to all terminal is fine (now we can save that meter for something else I guess)

Thanks Relambrien  - Much appreciated!

Anyone mind posting the link to the carl v litchi vid you are referencing?

UPDATE: NVM, found it on nico here:

ttp://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23131556

I'm guessing this is something that could be taken into consideration for the patch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5HVob9AckY

edit: i was working on something like this ealier today, except i used 2a instead of 5b. ;-; looks like chaoto beat me to the punch though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcfMxaiC1io

Well seeing as they are already so high from the place where the Tsubame hit > i think thats legit~ but its only a theory ~ (but unless tsubame recovery got worse. which i don't believe it has - looks possible)

im guessing post-patch we can't do 4B(M)>Itsuu C combos anymore?

shame, i just created new 41236D(e) combos off of itsuu C too.

Yeah 4B -> ItsuuC is gone. The 7f -> 10f nerf coupled with the 4B[m] recovery make it impossible by 1f.

when is the date the patch is coming out? and is it worth learning litchi before the patch or just start learning her after. i just getting this today after school.

when is the date the patch is coming out? and is it worth learning litchi before the patch or just start learning her after. i just getting this today after school.

We do not have a 100% confirmed date, be we do know it should be out sometime in May.

It is very worth learning her now. Litchi had a very small amount of changes, so she is mostly the same after the patch. 4B did get nerfed, but the change only required a few combo adjustments. I strongly recommend you start now.

ive started phazing out 4B[M]>itsuuA for 4B[M]>623D in the corner. It gives almost as much damage.

And looks like from that video, 4B[m]>6D will work if you still want the kanchan route.

okay beginner combo problems. this is the first bb game for me so i stink.

1.5A/2A > 5B > 5C(2) > 6D(2) > RC > ItsuuB > 5D > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > Staff 2 > Dash > 6A > Tsubame :  i can do this full screen but not at mid screen. the staff keeps hitting at an early time and messes up my 6A

2. 2B > 4B > ItsuuA > 5D > (Dash) 3C > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > Staff 2 > 6C > 3C > Tsubame : i cant get the itsuuA fast enough for some reason. i dont know why and when i hit it the 5D after causes the 3C to wiff.

3. 5A/2A > 5B > 2C > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuD > Dash Under > 5[D]~]D[ > Kanchan > Tsubame > 6C(2) : im just done here. dash under 5d to kanchan doesn't even work here. i cant get for my life. havent even done it once ever in the past hour of practice. and i just noticed the other one as well. should i try to learn 5A/2A > 5B > 2C > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > Chun > 5D > 3C > Staff 2 > Kanchan > 6D(1) > Tsubame cause it looks easier than the other one.

snip

1. Depending on your screen positioning you will need to do 5B > 6C OR 6C > staff2 > 6A > Tsubame

2. It works, just keep at it. Press and hold 5D briefly right as the second hit of Itsuu connects. The 3C before Haku is optional.

3. Use the former, it's more stable.

Okay so in order:

1) Yeah, depending on screen distance the staff may mess up the last part, in which case you can just do 6C > Tsubame (you may need to cancel after the first hit of 6C to avoid the opponent insta-teching after last hit of Tsubame). You can also add/change delays between the individual rekkas to account for different distances, just mess around for a while to see what works for you. Eventually you'll be able to tell what you need to do just by looking for when the staff is coming back on screen after Chun. 

This whole thing of looking for the staff to determine what ender you have to do is true for a lot of common combo parts. ItsuuA > 4kote > 3C > 2D > *stuff* is the big one--you may want 5B > 6C > staff2 > 6A, you may want to omit the 5B, you may just want 6C > Tsubame, etc.

2) If the opponent is far, you might need to do a microdash ItsuuA (412366D~A) so that the staff is lower when passing the opponent's horizontal position. As for the 5D > 3C part, hold the 5D for just an instant and let the opponent fall out of range so that it doesn't hit them. Then you can follow up with 3C.

3) Learn both. IppatsuD > dashunder 5D > Kanchan is an extremely useful combo part when the staff is in vertical set in the corner (it works basically the same way as in the horizontal set you have in the combo you listed), and the second one is basically another BnB. I find it to be slightly less finicky than the first combo but with practice both are totally stable.

Seems like her changes (based on the combo video by mio) was pretty much minor. I also noticed that her overall combo damage was nerfed tad bit. Fair enough.

she didn't get nerfed that bad. only 4b and overdrive really. im still stuck trying to do some simple combos but im getting better. surprisingly im better online than offline for some reason.

5A/2A > 5B > 2C > 6D(2) > Haku > Hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuD > Dash Under > 5[D]~]D[ > Kanchan > Tsubame > 6C(2) (2911 DMG/20 HG/View)

I am confused on the between 6D(2) and haku. Is the timing essential for that part? Do you input haku when u see the circle after 6D?.Kind of wish these videos showed the command history so I could see if it was a fast input or slow input for the combos.