Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

The NEW Michigan Thread - Salt Mines and People Power! ... Kupo.

Omg an Arakune player in MI. We need one.

Omg an Arakune player in MI. We need one.

Hmmmmmm.....If you're dropping Arakune does that make me the new MI Arakune? I shall practice and learn the character the best I can then! FOR THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

You're welcome to be the new Arakune golden child. I'm more than willing to help you.

I'm also too bad at life to join our offline scen, but I primarily play:

Blazblue(Arakune is a really good waifu, Azrael is so tempting though...)

Guilty Gear(Still love my Zappa, but practicing Venom a lot due to XRD hype)

Street Fighter(Attempting to get back into playing again, hella rusty Balrog, playing AE until I feel good enough to pay for Ultra)

MAHVEL(One day...One day, I will no longer be casual)

Nobody plays Darkstalkers anymore.....

Oh yeah, Persona is a thing...I guess

I kinda want to get UNIEL tho

Another Zappa player! :ZA: I don't know what else to say, I'm just excited by that. 

Where you stay, ziggy? If you're not too far out many of us are willing to give rides.

Where you stay, ziggy? If you're not too far out many of us are willing to give rides.

I'm out in Grant, so I'm pretty sure I'm a good distance away from most casuals sadly.

You're all the way on the east side!

Of the state!

If you drive all the way out here, you need to stay for a few weeks.

Oh yeah, not a trip I'd make often. But, I could see myself doing it if there was a legit tourney or something a bit more worth it than casuals. Besides it's out in Detroit right? I always wanted to go there, I'm sure there's plently worth seeing.

Too bad there isn't a scene out here.

It's been awhile but I wanted to say thanks for the hospitality at Michigan Masters (I FINALLY MADE IT TO A MM!) All the Chicago players enjoyed themselves that weekend, Youmacon is always a blast when we come down!

With that being said, Chicago will he hosting quite a few events:

GGAnime Main Event

Saturday November 22nd 2014

Galloping Ghost Arcade - 9415 Ogden Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513

An upcoming event we have really soon at Galloping Ghost Arcade! We'll be hosting UNiEL, BBCP, P4U2 and DFC! We're willing to add more games if people show up and support their game.

The Fight Before Christmas

Saturday, December 20th 2014

Ignite Gaming Lounge - 3341 N. Elston, Chicago, IL 60618

This will be the first event Chicago will host a Guilty Gear Xrd Tournament outside of Frosty Faustings VII! We will be hosting USFIV, UMvC3, GGXrd, UNiEL and many more to be announced!

Frosty Faustings VII

January 23rd - 24th 2015

Crowne Plaza Chicago - Northbrook - 2875 Milwaukee Ave, Northbrook, IL 60062

Obviously a Guilty Gear based event but expect anime to be represented there well! List of games will announced soon on the @@FrostyFaustings Twitter account so be on the lookout for that!  Once an update is announced, I'll update this post!

If any of you guys can make it let it be known, I can house about 4 people comfortably at my apartment so housing wouldn't be an issue (I could squeeze two more if necessary). If any of you guys are willing to show up and play that would be great!

Not much of a drinking trip then. But what do I know. '3'

Yeah, gonna room with Kai for a bit. Mostly against my will, but hey, I had plans to possibly come to MI anyway.

Aw man another old MI anime player who plays GG. Our new GG players would be so hype if you came to casuals.

Cant remember the last time I posted here but I still am doing video game videos here and there.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFju1GrJxpQ https://www.youtube.com/user/SaishuuKessen

Big fan of your GG combo vids, I had no idea you were from MI. Also yes, as someone new to the casuals scene, I would be hype to have more GG people to fight.

BTW, Xrd demo coming to PS+ users this tuesday!

Big fan of your GG combo vids, I had no idea you were from MI. Also yes, as someone new to the casuals scene, I would be hype to have more GG people to fight.

BTW, Xrd demo coming to PS+ users this tuesday!

Yeah but the Demo doesn't have my character.

Oh wait, the full game doesn't have my character either.