Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael vs. Litchi Match-up Discussion

Discussion about the Litchi match-up goes here.

Anyone is free to post info as long as it is constructive and helps with the discussion of the match-up.

From jp Azrael Wiki / jbbs

551 :名無しさん:2013/01/03(木) 16:03:07 ID:RMlxOFyIO >>465

亀だが、一通派生はガード時ライチ側が-8F程度の不利を背負う。

だからジャンプバリガで様子見跳びにA派生をガードさせても美味しくない…てか、ジャ

ンプバリガ確認して構えキャンセルから拒否るレベル。

ぶっちゃけ技振ってくれるから、GP確認派生で裏の攻撃判定が当たるだけで、ジャンプ裏

周りからはジャンプ攻撃振らずに着地が正解。

GP確認出来なくなると見切り発射することになる。ちなみに派生空振り時は20F以上被ch

で硬直晒します。

一通は確かにミドルリスクハイリターン技だけど、冷静に対応すればそこまでキツい技じ

ゃないよ。

なんとか触りたい、アズの距離に詰めたいから手を出しちゃうのは分かるけどね。

Need a proper translation.

Notable Matches:

Tahichi (AZ) vs. Litchi

Tahichi (AZ) vs. Litchi

Tahichi (AZ) vs. poty (LI)

Dogura (AZ) vs. Litchi *N

Dogura (AZ) vs. Galileo (LI) *11

Couple notes from some recent matches i've played against Litchi.

Her 6c without staff can be 5a'd in between the first and second hit with IB.

2c saved my life in this matchup. Seriously.

I found safe jump set ups after mid screen TCL enders to be very handy. In my experiences, Litchi in neutral without staff is MUCH easier for Az to close distance/punish/generally deal with. Safe jumps will hopefully net you some baited/whiffed Tsubami's, which equals a good punish and litchi with no staff, possibly in corner.

I generally don't use 5c in neutral when she has staff, unless it's a punishment/FC situation. She just has too many options from that range to risk it imo.

Occasionally, Gustaf can be a great distance closer if she is staffless with it behind you and you are in a neutral situation. From this type of situation/distance, gustaf can be used to punish whiffed normals, or even raw staff recalls.

Some general observations I guess, but I definitely take this match as slow as possible. You want to be really disciplined in neutral as far as not forward dashing recklessly, and altering your aerial approaches. Litchi's combos seem to all naturally corner carry, so don't be shocked if that's where you find yourself. I try to remember Azrael has a pretty large health pool, and focus on reading/reacting to mixups. It definitely takes less for you as Azrael to swing the momentum back in your favor, and the less you try to force things against Litchi the better time you'll have.

So the last two tournaments I have gone to I have lost to a Litchi player (sG).  I played him in casuals as well both tournaments and he mostly just blows me up.

Litchi seems to me to be stronger at neutral both in the air and on the ground and any hit she gets leads to you in the corner getting mixed up.  At least Litchi can't just autopilot staff oki on us thanks to Growler.

How do you guys play this matchup? Go hard with IAD j.B? Play patiently and try to fight her off of you? Attempt to poke her out?

If I do get a hit I can run away with the match sometimes like any other but her neutral is so good and Tsubame is so strong it can be hard to take control and keep it.

I will be spending the next couple weeks watching match vids of her and seeing how others play it but I was curious if anyone had any other tips.  I will work on my Tsubame safejumps as Tage recommended and apply those as well.

Oh one thing I was able to figure out is that 3D BLOWS UP itsuu.  If you see them opening with that move or you read it CH 3D on itsuu is absolutely devastating.

This matchup is a real pain in the ass. It'd be pretty bad even without all the strange unique stuff that makes things more difficult. 2A>TC>236D not being possible, Tsubame and Itsuu hitting from behind (i swear to god, every time i dash through a Litchi doing itsuu and I get hit for a FC behind her I blow up inside.)

J.A is really good in this matchup, try to get above her at all times. Her J.B is impossibly huge but doesn't hit above her all that well. 3D does blow up itsuu, but they kinda have to use it after you and you have to be in range for 3D to connect. Overall if she spams Itsuu, there's not really much you can do about it except barrier guarding it and trying to trap her in the corner (just like Azrael in every other zoning matchup...). Litchi's anti-airs aren't all that great, so don't be afraid to throw in divekicks. Barrier Guarding her pressure and Gustafing out when she tries to reset it with the staff is a decent way to deal with her. 

But yeah, there's no real easy answer. Just try to be as aggressive as possible while still being patient and try to force the Litchi to do something. The important thing is to just block a lot at neutral and don't let her get random hits, as it's fairly easy for her to capitalize off them.

This matchup is a real pain in the ass. It'd be pretty bad even without all the strange unique stuff that makes things more difficult. 2A>TC>236D not being possible, Tsubame and Itsuu hitting from behind (i swear to god, every time i dash through a Litchi doing itsuu and I get hit for a FC behind her I blow up inside.)

J.A is really good in this matchup, try to get above her at all times. Her J.B is impossibly huge but doesn't hit above her all that well. 3D does blow up itsuu, but they kinda have to use it after you and you have to be in range for 3D to connect. Overall if she spams Itsuu, there's not really much you can do about it except barrier guarding it and trying to trap her in the corner (just like Azrael in every other zoning matchup...). Litchi's anti-airs aren't all that great, so don't be afraid to throw in divekicks. Barrier Guarding her pressure and Gustafing out when she tries to reset it with the staff is a decent way to deal with her. 

But yeah, there's no real easy answer. Just try to be as aggressive as possible while still being patient and try to force the Litchi to do something. The important thing is to just block a lot at neutral and don't let her get random hits, as it's fairly easy for her to capitalize off them.

True fucking story. 

---

I like the sound of J.A in the match but only while she's grounded cuz sometimes you can make Azrael cross her up. 5A must not be neglected because it is prolly Az's best anti air against this chick. Litchi's anti air IS really good though because Azrael is a bigger body character, that staff will always catch him when she throws it up. What also sucks about using Dive kick on Litchi is that even if she blocks it she can DP and it will hurt. 

3D WOULD be good against itsuu but from my experience there's no way you can ever get it to work because Litchi throws the staff too damn fast. 3C is a much better option to blow that shit up. I would hate to gustaf into itsuu lmao. It sucks. Gustaf "must" be used with caution because Litchi players LOVE to go into itsuu. 

The only way I see 3D ever working in this match besides for his mix up game is if you successfully bait tsuyamagaichi and react with a backdash to dodge the staff, and WHILE dodging the staff with the 3D punish when it comes down. If you block the gaichi instead then ur 3D never punishes cuz she always blocks in time. That Shoryu is very safe on block just don't try to punish it if you block it.

Don't let her corner you...lmfao. Against a Litchi player you're in extreme danger as her mix up game is too powerful and can catch you in 500 ways. 

Bursting Litchi into the corner is a sexy situation for obvious reasons.