Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Story Discussion [fun tentatively allowed again]

I have to question if they really just left the master unit floating there. Can anyone offer any clarity of where the master unit and the embryo end up?

Guess all that's left is wait for explanations to all the randomness they threw out at the end :/

Hibiki said that Amaterasu is still hovering above the ruins of Ibukido, but it's protected by the Tsukuyomi Unit. Embryo is hanging around there too.

I dunno, the feeling CP gave me feels a lot like the feeling I got after I finished CT.

There's not much they can do with the Master Unit right now. It's safe and protected by Tsukuyomi. Moving it would be pointless, even if they COULD do it, which they can't because 1) How would they, 2) It wouldn't do jack shit to keep it safe from Izanami, and 3) There are more pressing matters to deal with.

Hibiki said that Amaterasu is still hovering above the ruins of Ibukido, but it's protected by the Tsukuyomi Unit. Embryo is hanging around there too.

I dunno, the feeling CP gave me feels a lot like the feeling I got after I finished CT.

"What the fuck did I just watch?"

There are more pressing matters to deal with.

I assume you mean the whole "Oh yeah, the world's gone to shit and people are turning into seithr like popped helium balloons"? Oh and Ragna running off to who-knows-wheres-ville after becoming a rampaging incarnation of destruction.

I hated the ending but the more I go over it I feel like its pretty good. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Also it's funny how my opinion of a certain character went from Good to Bad. I really liked Rachel in the past games but now I find her somehow obnoxious lol.

good about time this time  hopefully its about his past trhat wat i love about blazblue series each year  either its a new game coming out or a manga or a novel

looks like mori wants to clear some things up before he starts on last game

Apparently a new light novel is coming out in June called "Blazblue: Bloodedge Experience Vol. 1". It seems its going to be a completely new story according to the details on AmiAmi.

Hmm, is it supposed to be about what Ragna learned inside the Black Beast, I wonder.

At least it is something new, I hope.

So what about the Cp novel?

As far as I know, never been announced. And if it was announced/released, it could eat some of the BBCP vita sales. Better to release something that might give back-story and some foreshadowing for events that might happen in BB4.

As far as I know, never been announced. And if it was announced/released, it could eat some of the BBCP vita sales. Better to release something that might give back-story and some foreshadowing for events that might happen in BB4.

Okay so what does the cover look like?

Okay so what does the cover look like?

Bloodedge Experience? It hasn't even been formally announced, only found as a listing on a store. So no cover for it has yet been shown. Have to wait for some stream, update at the store, a episode of Blue Radio or something of that kind.

Just got through 100% of the Story Mode. It...had its ups and downs.

The Six Heroes side left me particularly unimpressed. It didn't serve much outside of giving a very brief overview of what happened during the Dark War. Strangely, they completely omitted Kazuma Kval and how he eventually becomes Terumi/Hazama. I realize that the Encyclopedia/Glossary explains it but that is not present in the localized version, making Trinity calling him by that name a "Who the hell is Kazuma" moment for a player who has no access to the information surrounding it. Sector 7 section was no better. It added almost nothing. You could have taken it out completely from the game and the end result wouldn't have changed in the least.

Really, the best part of Story Mode was Chronophantasma. It has the most development and is the most involved of the 3 sections. I found myself enjoying both Azrael and Saya/Izanami the most here, even if Azrael does almost nothing of importance and Izanami has less screen-time until he very end. Though, Chronophantasma might as well be titled "Ragna's Week of Pain". Seriously, I was expecting him to not have an easy ride but geez, when I'm finally able to understand what was being said, it makes it sound even worse. I'm honestly surprised the character didn't outright decide to take Izanami up on her offer from the beginning.

By the way, in the epilogue, Rachel refers to Ragna as "carrying a burden whose evil will consume the world". Is this consistent with the JPN version? The phrasing makes it seem less like Ragna has an internal force/entity that's trying to devour him and more like a situation is going to cause him to do this.

The Six Heroes side left me particularly unimpressed. It didn't serve much outside of giving a very brief overview of what happened during the Dark War. Strangely, they completely omitted Kazuma Kval and how he eventually becomes Terumi/Hazama. I realize that the Encyclopedia/Glossary explains it but that is not present in the localized version, making Trinity calling him by that name a "Who the hell is Kazuma" moment for a player who has no access to the information surrounding it. Sector 7 section was no better. It added almost nothing. You could have taken it out completely from the game and the end result wouldn't have changed in the least.

Really, the best part of Story Mode was Chronophantasma. It has the most development and is the most involved of the 3 sections. I found myself enjoying both Azrael and Saya/Izanami the most here, even if Azrael does almost nothing of importance and Izanami has less screen-time until he very end. Though, Chronophantasma might as well be titled "Ragna's Week of Pain". Seriously, I was expecting him to not have an easy ride but geez, when I'm finally able to understand what was being said, it makes it sound even worse. I'm honestly surprised the character didn't outright decide to take Izanami up on her offer from the beginning.

By the way, in the epilogue, Rachel refers to Ragna as "carrying a burden whose evil will consume the world". Is this consistent with the JPN version? The phrasing makes it seem less like Ragna has an internal force/entity that's trying to devour him and more like a situation is going to cause him to do this.

Here is what Rachel says in the japanese version: 

彼はね…その体に大きな「悪」を内包している…。 He is... Inside his body there is a big "Evil"...

世界を「喰い尽くす」程の悪を…。 A Evil so big that it can "consume" the entire world...

その「力」が彼自身を「喰い殺す」としているわ。 That "power" is trying to "devour"(killing by eating) him.

I think Six Heroes & Sector 7 were kind of there to explain why Terumi exists separate from Hazama, and why and how Azrael was released. But that's about it. They really should go back to individual stories tho, or at the very least just focus on one route. 

So, the Glossary explains what may have actually happened to Hazama/Trinity?

I knew that there was no way they'd get killed off so undramatically, especially Terumi.

So, what does the Glossary say?

So, the Glossary explains what may have actually happened to Hazama/Trinity?

I knew that there was no way they'd get killed off so undramatically, especially Terumi.

So, what does the Glossary say?

It didn't really explained what happened to them other than that after stabbing each other, they fell into the lake in Ibukido ruins and their whereabouts is unknown.

Hazama is likely still alive since he, unlike Terumi, has a life-linik with Noel.

Here is what Rachel says in the japanese version: 

彼はね…その体に大きな「悪」を内包している…。 He is... Inside his body there is a big "Evil"...

世界を「喰い尽くす」程の悪を…。 A Evil so big that it can "consume" the entire world...

その「力」が彼自身を「喰い殺す」としているわ。 That "power" is trying to "devour"(killing by eating) him.

*Sigh* as I thought, the meaning behind it in the English version is lost. Dammit ASW, would it kill you to look up the definition of "consistency"? Then again, it isn't like it didn't happen before. There was a similar problem in the English version where Izanami claimed to have "brought ruin (meaning destroyed) to the Master Unit" when in fact she did no such thing.

I think Six Heroes & Sector 7 were kind of there to explain why Terumi exists separate from Hazama, and why and how Azrael was released. But that's about it. They really should go back to individual stories tho, or at the very least just focus on one route. 

All of which could have been shoved into the Chronophantasma side with no ill effect to the narrative. But I do agree they should make the choice of either a singular, linear story or go for character specific ones. There's advantages and disadvantages to both. With multiple character stories, we get to learn more about these characters and why they do what they do, something which is sorely lacking in the way BBCP handles it (see Amane, Bullet and Azrael). But on the other hand, a singular path allows the narrative to be direct and to the point, cutting out the filler and getting to the important information the player should process.

Personally, I am OK with either though if I had my choice, I would pick the character specific stories. BBCP might as well have been a Ragna-solo show since it's he who gets the most development here and the story practically gravitates around him. Oh and Celica but she satellites around him so much, it doesn't matter much at all.

It didn't really explained what happened to them other than that after stabbing each other, they fell into the lake in Ibukido ruins and their whereabouts is unknown.

Hazama is likely still alive since he, unlike Terumi, has a life-linik with Noel.

Translation: Until you see their lifeless, bloated carcass assume they are A-OK and ready to rumble for the next game.

*Sigh* as I thought, the meaning behind it in the English version is lost. Dammit ASW, would it kill you to look up the definition of "consistency"? Then again, it isn't like it didn't happen before. There was a similar problem in the English version where Izanami claimed to have "brought ruin (meaning destroyed) to the Master Unit" when in fact she did no such thing.

I disagree.  "To Bring Ruin" upon something doesn't mean to destroy it; just to ruin it some how.  For instance, you can "Bring ruin upon" a politician by leaking a bad conversation.  Or **** picks.  Poor Anthony Weaner.

I understood exactly what Izanami meant back when I first played the game.  I was surprised when people started claiming she destroyed the Master Unit.

I respectfully disagree Narroo. The word "ruin" is most often associated with destruction in the English language and an incredibly thorough one. To have "brought ruin" to an object most often means to destroy or at least damage it beyond repair. Any given English dictionary would likely tell you the same. At the least, it would mean damaging the person/object in question enough so that it no longer works as intended, none of which the Imperator was able to accomplish against the Master Unit. It just wasn't a good choice word for the English translation I find. Then again, the Imperator loves her long-winded theatrics and use of grandiose speech...

I respectfully disagree Narroo. The word "ruin" is most often associated with destruction in the English language and an incredibly thorough one. To have "brought ruin" to an object most often means to destroy or at least damage it beyond repair. Any given English dictionary would likely tell you the same. At the least, it would mean damaging the person/object in question enough so that it no longer works as intended, none of which the Imperator was able to accomplish against the Master Unit. It just wasn't a good choice word for the English translation I find. Then again, the Imperator loves her long-winded theatrics and use of grandiose speech...

That's only a third of the definition.  To quote from Merriam-Wenster.com's condensed definition:

: a state of complete destruction : a state of being ruined

: the remaining pieces of something that was destroyed

: the state of having lost money, social status, etc.

It's the third definition that we're after.  "Ruining a person" is not an obscure phrase and usually means figurative ruin.  Since the "Master Unit" is a character it would make sense that by "ruin" she means it figuratively, such as a "ruined man."  If nothing else, that's how I interpreted it and that ended up being the correct interpretation. 

Hey I just heard a rumor that there are 2 more games of BlazBlue left. Is that true?

1 more

Mori mentioned that BB was intended to be a trilogy, but the third game was too big so they had to split it into two. BB4 is all but 

guaranteed at this point.