Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Speculations/Theories [rules updated 10/14]

Immortal does not mean unaging, it means "cannot die".

I'm aware of that, but 2 things:

1. One of the general themes with vampires in media is that their "youth" is preserved so as to showcase how unchanging (in appearance at least) they are and how it is both a blessing and a curse (more wangsty stories will make it out to lean towards the latter) in a world built on "change". A vampire that physically ages is not something I've encountered beforehand at least.

2. Perhaps I threw the word "immortal" where it shouldn't be appropriate. A vampire is far from "immortal" as there's several ways they could die (sunlight and stakes being two of the more prominent ones). But going off from point 1 above, if a vampire ages and can die from it, then what's the difference between it and and a human being other than the time it takes for it to happen?

Then again, perhaps this is the point Mori is trying to make. That despite technically being different species, vampires like beastkin (Valkenhayn claimed they have well-known longevity) are effectively no different from us. But that would somehow imply that Mori planned this ahead and is a good writer to begin with instead of just pulling it out of nowhere like our 3 newcomers...And maybe I am being presumptuous here since we don't know how Clavis met his end (unless the not-localized Library reveals something about it).

So a question: in the English translations, they claimed Ragna's body has been corroded by the Azure Grimoire to around 50% (well, "half" is what they called it). If that's the case, shouldn't more than his eye and arm have been deactivated when in the presence of Celica? Because no matter how you slice it, half of a person is not equal to a single arm and eye. Then again, that might simply be a sort of "countdown" to indicate just how rapidly Ragna is being consumed.

Additional question but, how the hell could Clavis Alucard even age? I'd have thought that being an immortal vampire you'd kinda be at least immune to the effects of aging. I'm not saying he couldn't be killed, that shit could easily be achieved with a spiky piece of wood and a hammer (let alone the Immortal Breaker from Izayoi), but aging is not really something I buy. Did the library ever explain it about him?

Library: Over a thousand of years old Vampire that has watched over humanity's history from a hidden castle. Former head of Alucard Family. Valkenhayn's first master and Rachel's parent.

He was kind and gentle man, and he wished for a peaceful future for all living things. However at the same time he knew all of humanity's light and darkness, and he grieved over his powerlessness since even though he could see all phenomenons, he could do nothing but to spectate.

Even if his aging is strange, the more strange thing I wonder about (unless I'm forgetting something) is how he died. The last thing known about him is that he sealed Terumi inside that room. So, how did he die? Age? Murdered? Accident? Stress from the sealing?

About his aging. Since Rachel inherited the Tsukuyomi, maybe Clavis had it before, and it was the thing that made him not age, and once he made Rachel inherit it, he started to age. The Tsukuyomi is after all The Time Protector. Maybe it protects it's users time as well (non aging).

I'm aware of that, but 2 things:

1. One of the general themes with vampires in media is that their "youth" is preserved so as to showcase how unchanging (in appearance at least) they are and how it is both a blessing and a curse (more wangsty stories will make it out to lean towards the latter) in a world built on "change". A vampire that physically ages is not something I've encountered beforehand at least.

2. Perhaps I threw the word "immortal" where it shouldn't be appropriate. A vampire is far from "immortal" as there's several ways they could die (sunlight and stakes being two of the more prominent ones). But going off from point 1 above, if a vampire ages and can die from it, then what's the difference between it and and a human being other than the time it takes for it to happen?

Then again, perhaps this is the point Mori is trying to make. That despite technically being different species, vampires like beastkin (Valkenhayn claimed they have well-known longevity) are effectively no different from us. But that would somehow imply that Mori planned this ahead and is a good writer to begin with instead of just pulling it out of nowhere like our 3 newcomers...And maybe I am being presumptuous here since we don't know how Clavis met his end (unless the not-localized Library reveals something about it).

I don't remember where or when did I read this, but i remember that I read that in Blazblue the vampires have 10 times or more of life than a human.

Isn't it weid that Terumi has tribals in his jacket that looks like Azrael's, and that both have a "brutal flame" winning animation?

Not particularly, no. Terumi's jacket's "tribals" reflect more on his "snake/serpent" theme or perhaps something like "thorns". Least, I've always had that sort of impression. Outside of looks, there isn't much correlation between them and Azrael's Enchant Dragunof. One just looks cool/sinister, the other is an active limiter. As for the world-quake animation, I always just thought of this to showcase how powerful they are. Terumi is this because he was the original Dark Sunano-Oh and Azrael's got this because he is the only one unhindered by the levels of seithr (the man is so strong physically, that he literally does not do any Ars Magus and just punches things really, REALLY hard).

I can't believe that after 3 games, BB's story started to make sense to me. Not only that, but I had a blast playing CP's story mode. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion of the story next game (hopefully). The epilogue was a bit unnerving though. I mean Jin is sort of destined to kill Ragna in order to fulfill his duty as the power or order. But why suddenly Tsubaki can do the same? And why does Rachel entrust her to eliminate her in case she fails to kill Ragna? I didn't understand this part.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/17057209.html

About Lambda's role in the story.

『コンティニュアムシフト』のラストでラグナを庇って消滅したラムダ。その後、ニューはハザマに再調整され復活し、ラムダという存在は消えたと思われていたが……?

"In Continuum Shift's finale Lambda was obliterated while protecting Ragna. After that, Hazama readjusted and revived Nu and the existence called Lambda was thought to have disappeared but... ?"

Basically, the implication is Lambda is indeed canonically being revived.

Hmm, just what is Minerva really? Looking at Celica's character art, Minerva has the word Es No.03 on the gold plates, the same writing that can be seen on Ragna(his belt, Es No.5) and Lambda(cape Es No.11).

http://i.imgur.com/kusz84V.png 

http://i.imgur.com/61u4AcQ.png

Given that Kokonoe doesn't give a f$%k about Celica's life, it wouldn't be weird that Minerva was made of the Third Murakumo unit (which we don't know who's yet).

could  she kinda became like nu able to revive herself  because she had nu soul but it also makes you wonder because i know the lamba 11 is  dead she died in the experiment the lambda we been playing on CS was lambda with nu soul with her memories ( i guess cause the memories were over overlapping due to nu causing alot of anomalies) and was erased my take is that part of nu soul stayed and became part of lambda like a soul spliting or lambda body became like nu due to her soul being in her so long it created a synchronization  becoming her own individual kinda like creating a third life link

basically lambda became like nu like how nu became the successor to the azure due to the synchronization from noel (you think thats possible)

but the question is a life link to who nu or ragna

well wat ever it is i look foward to her story i hope its to find ragna and nu

I thought Lambda died in CS. I wonder how she is revived.

I wager a bet that she can be made into a Chronophantasma (a.k.a: "Those who should not exist") like how the current timeline Celica is. Kokonoe is a likely candidate for the role though Relius is another safe bet (he did help create her after all) and he has stated that he can reproduce anything he sees down to the smallest details.

Wait, did I just read this right?

LAMBDA-CHAN IS COMING BACK?!!!!

*DANCES LIKE AN IDIOT*

YESSSSSSSSSS THANK U MORI THANK U QAQ

I sorta figured Lambchops would be coming back in some form. She got A LOT of focus in Alter Memory (the best episode of the series was just a retelling of her alternate story mode ending) and she has a surprising amount of art in the Chronophantasma gallery.

i doubt it was relius lambda is useless to him now that he have nu with the power of the azure gotta be Kokonoe or rachel but i think it still got somthing to do with nu

lambda became like nu due nu soul being in her might created a synchronization to nu possibly created a third life link to nu and ragna

so far as i know only 2 life link pairs i know

nu and ragna

mu and hazuma

but i dont think it was never mention that it could be more then 2 ppl

Sorry Raziel, I don't understand what you mean. Did you say that the article says that Lambda is remade to serve Hazama? (Also, I thought Nu already served that purpose...)

Sorry Raziel, I don't understand what you mean. Did you say that the article says that Lambda is remade to serve Hazama? (Also, I thought Nu already served that purpose...)

It doesn't. It says Hazama revived Nu and Lambda "was thought to have disappeared but...?".

yea srry ment to come bak change that after i read the english article 

but it is weird that most of her attacks look like terumi/hazama  Ouroboros not to mention the green aura she showing

since Ragna and Lambda has "Es" writings on them, maybe they could be an Embryo Storages? Maybe, this is the reason, why Izanami wanted Ragna on her side - she needs a Storage for Embryo. But Ragna now is a mini-Black Beast, and he is going to die soon, so Izanami needs a new ES. Maybe, as she is "the Goddess of Death", she revived Lambda for that?

since Ragna and Lambda has "Es" writings on them, maybe they could be an Embryo Storages? Maybe, this is the reason, why Izanami wanted Ragna on her side - she needs a Storage for Embryo. But Ragna now is a mini-Black Beast, and he is going to die soon, so Izanami needs a new ES. Maybe, as she is "the Goddess of Death", she revived Lambda for that?

Wasn't it because of Saya's lingering feelings for him that caused Mikado to want Ragna. I think she mentions it herself in the story.

Yeah seriously, her body totally dissipated when she died, so I really wonder how she is alive. More like whose soul is in her this time? The original that died off during the experiment in the past? Unless Nu's soul like separated into two parts or something or got copied.

Otherwise as Zedar said, Lambda may have become a Chronophantasma somehow.

Unless this Lambda came through the Boundary from another timeline.

Anyways, I hope to see more Lambda x Ragna like from the novels and anime ^.^

Also I am guessing Lambda and Celica will have their own storyline in the Arcade Mode? I guess that is where things will be revealed.

Also I hope Minerva's artwork in the story mode changes afterwards =w=;;