Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Speculations/Theories [rules updated 10/14]

I really hope they use Lambda's original soul and not have Nu splitting her personality with her. I felt bad for the original Lambda so I want her to have a happy ending at least.

It would be interesting if this time Lambda was controlled by the soul of the original who died in the experiments. I think that would distinguish her more from Nu.

Otherwise, I'd be happy if Lambda got to be chill and laid-back like in BB2. I hope Lambda doesn't have to be Kokonoe's slave again though.  :(

Also, I'm curious about how Minerva works. Is she powered by souls like Nirvana and Ignis, or does she just run on batteries?

It would be interesting if this time Lambda was controlled by the soul of the original who died in the experiments. I think that would distinguish her more from Nu.

Otherwise, I'd be happy if Lambda got to be chill and laid-back like in BB2. I hope Lambda doesn't have to be Kokonoe's slave again though.  :(

Also, I'm curious about how Minerva works. Is she powered by souls like Nirvana and Ignis, or does she just run on batteries?

Actually the question now is that if she is using another copy of Murakumo like Mu and Nu or she is using a fake one like in CS where all parts had to be taken off manually.

I really hope they use Lambda's original soul and not have Nu splitting her personality with her. I felt bad for the original Lambda so I want her to have a happy ending at least.

Yeah, when she was dying in her opening, I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Someone save her DX

I wanted to run in to save her myself if I could Q___Q

My ideal happy ending:

Ragna takes care of Nu and Lambda as his new sisters in Celica's church rebuilt :p

I feel sorry for both Nu and Lambda. I mean they are girls who just lack experience, so my wish is for them to live as normal girls happily Q_Q

I wonder if Noel is capable of defeating Izanami (She is called the "God Slayer"). Also, I think the only ways to save Saya are to sever her tie with Izanami or remove her soul from the body.

I wonder if Noel is capable of defeating Izanami (She is called the "God Slayer"). Also, I think the only ways to save Saya are to sever her tie with Izanami or remove her soul from the body.

she might play a part in it but i think its taokaka who is the key to stopping her Izanami calls her "Death"  not to mention tao is the only one who can sense her presence

she might play a part in it but i think its taokaka who is the key to stopping her Izanami calls her "Death"  not to mention tao is the only one who can sense her presence

Actually Kokonoe also sensed her when she appeared in front of Celica, it's probably something that all Kaka's share.

I think people often forget that BB is a fighter first and story second (despite it's best efforts to do the opposite) and quickly made up plot points that don't have much impact on the overall story will explain why characters stick around. Just like how Hazama will have some excuse for still being alive or his body intact in the next game because death is meaningless in a fighter; killing off someone's main is just dumb and would be a bad business practice.

I think people often forget that BB is a fighter first and story second (despite it's best efforts to do the opposite) and quickly made up plot points that don't have much impact on the overall story will explain why characters stick around. Just like how Hazama will have some excuse for still being alive or his body intact in the next game because death is meaningless in a fighter; killing off someone's main is just dumb and would be a bad business practice.

Hazama is not confirmed dead. The Library says the status of him and Platinum is unknown. It's Terumi who's dead.

Hazama is not confirmed dead. The Library says the status of him and Platinum is unknown. It's Terumi who's dead.

Even with his death, they don't need ot make him part of the story anymore, just keep him playable.

Even with his death, they don't need ot make him part of the story anymore, just keep him playable.

I wasn't arguing against his point, I'm just a dirty stinking pedant.

Didn't stop SNK from killing off Geese and removing him from the roster :V

No one cares about SNK anymore.

Fuck I miss Geese.

That smiling Ragna image makes me feel like it is more about Lamb-chops dreaming about him (the white background is often used in BB for dreamlike/imaginary events). If you recall, Ragna was the last thing that Lamb-chops saw before Tager finds her...dead during one of her Continuum Shift endings (although all we saw was Ragna's silhouette). And now I just remembered why I missed her so much...

By the way, either my ears deceive me or Celica refers to Minerva with a "Zwei" in that trailer. If I remember right, that means "2" in German. Just thought I'd point that out a bit.

By the way, either my ears deceive me or Celica refers to Minerva with a "Zwei" in that trailer. If I remember right, that means "2" in German. Just thought I'd point that out a bit.

I don't remember her moves names, but maybe is "Zwei" is something she says in one of those.

Is Mori planning on making Alpha canon or something...?

Probably. He can't go around saying in the story that the Black Beast was a failure and never show how the true result would look like, and the end image of CP shows Ragna, Nu, Blazblue and Amaterasu emblem.

A merge will happen, I don't doubt that for a second. Will only have to see why it's called alpha, that's the only strange part I believe.

Was something said about Alpha before? I haven't been up to date with everything, but people are acting like Mori's said something about it before.

Was something said about Alpha before? I haven't been up to date with everything, but people are acting like Mori's said something about it before.

The history behind alpha goes like this: In october 2013, Arc release the book, Arc System Works 25th Anniversary Official Character Collection. In this book, there was a section with artworks about Arc's games, some art about only one game, and some with crossovers. The second image in this section was drawn by Mori, it was of a female Ragna and the Image was simply named ???.

Sometime after, Mori put up a banner on his twitter with the same image but with the background removed, which gave us a name to this female Ragna. It was No.1(alpha) -A-pocalypse.

And recently, Mori uploaded a sketch of -A-pocalypse.

That's all. Rest is just speculation at this moment.

Even I feel like that is the true result but I guess we gotta wait till the next game is out which is like what... 2015...? @_@

-A-pocalypse's design looks good but I'd rather think of her as a separate character rather than a Ranga/Nu fusion of some sort.

Something about Ragna being turned into a girl just doesn't sit right with me.

I've already had enough of that with NEEDLESS.

Actually why are people making assumptions of her showing up in Blazblue to begin with? For all we know she could also show up in XBlaze for god knows why.

It's Mori, ​I ain't gotta explain sh**

-A-pocalypse's design looks good but I'd rather think of her as a separate character rather than a Ranga/Nu fusion of some sort.

Something about Ragna being turned into a girl just doesn't sit right with me.

I've already had enough of that with NEEDLESS.

Actually why are people making assumptions of her showing up in Blazblue to begin with? For all we know she could also show up in XBlaze for god knows why.

It's Mori, ​I ain't gotta explain sh**

The reason why I think it's not before(Xblaze) but later(Blazblue) with Alpha, is because of the eyes, and the right arm. And it can't be completely unrelated with Ragna due to the shirt, jacket and the blood scythe.

On a completely different topic, with the release of BBCP 2.0 only being a little less than 3 weeks off, I wonder what the spoiler in Lambda's arcade mode is, the spoiler that Mori want people to not be spoiled is about.