Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Tsubaki vs Arakune

for being worse or whatever, this character still has some really amazing stuff.

he has a million ways and a half of baiting your anti-airs, and if he baits it he gets a punish. get hit during curse and you're looking at an easy 5-6k. easy ways to bait counters and dps while in curse with no chance to RC.

100% curse combo off his overhead. which leads into curse oki. if you get hit once in the corner, you will lose.

also 100% curse off the shark.

random lows can go to 100% curse by using the DD.

reversal is 5f + 0 startup. breaks safe jumps. and if you're not blocking when superflash hits you're getting hit (and obviously you can't see the superflash and DP either).

I'm not sure if you can punish it if you block it in the air. might even be plus, I'm not sure.

I've gotten very, very little experience with this match up so far as he seems a little weaker than he was in extend.

He seems to have some new bugs and moves but the same philosophy of rush him down and don't let him breathe still applies.

His super is the only reversal he has so if has no meter, go wild and if he does, just be prepared to bait it if you think the time is right.

Any notable normals/bugs we should be looking out for that changes the match up in any significant way?

Long range shark is plus on block or even. Like about half the screen away. even if not you have to jab punish.

if he doesn't press a button he holds curse for a long time. so if you burst out or counter assault when he is almost out of meter, you have to be careful. because if he sharks and you block it, he'll probably be able to stick a strong bug in your face at the end.

the reward is 100% curse and it comes out in 13 frames. think cs2 shield rush, but probably better.

His new special cloud makes running from him in curse almost impossible. Not that it was ever easy when against a good Arakune anyway. New spider special seems decent if you have a few other things on screen already. Can probably stop you charging from full screen but it should be our goal to rush him down over doing this anyway.

As stated above he has a million ways to bait 2C, I'd never even consider using dp as a anti air unless he started J.B way too early. On block he'll go into 5A which leads into a high low mix up. I just hope for our sakes the J.B instant overhead is gone.

He's always been able to force you to block a strong bug after shark in curse. You just hold the C from the input until the end and let it go with the appropriate direction. I'd honestly say it's worth CA'ing if he's just about out of curse and has 50 meter. You don't want to be in that situation again. Just never hit buttons in curse, it's always a horrible idea. DP is the only thing worth considering and the risk reward is really bad for us. Unless he got something new, J.C is still probably the thing to watch out for in curse.

His backdash has a lot of invincibility (from frame 1) but is very long so if you call it out and use normals without much recovery we should be able to maintain pressure.

FC 3CC > 5C > 2CC > CT whiffs. Like Bat suggested in the Hakumen thread, you can use 5B > 2CC or do a microdash instead.

the difference is that curse drains 1/2 as fast, so you can CA him when he's barely out, and he can still have time to shark and drop a bug at the end of the shark.

Basically for antiairing, 2c seems pretty rough. honestly DP looks better to me, because it seems to me that it would be much harder to bait, and will actually work.it seems to me that he still has instant overheads in the form of Jb and JC.

I guess the most important thing will be to get in on him, and don't let him get away by jumping out, or by backdashing. I'm too lax on this but against zoners like this, you should really never ever use a midscreen 22b ender.

Do not use Blade super in neutral when Arakune has 50 meter, he'll simply be able to F of G right before the blades start their trajectory and hit you during the recovery of your super, putting you into curse and into a pretty bad situation.

How is that possible? Tsubaki blade super is invul from frame 16 until the end of it. FoG has 20+ frames of start-up so it can't be used on reaction to prevent the blades. You can just block low if Arakune does FoG and you can block it without any issues since you after the first 16 frames, you are safe.

Possibly, it happened at like 3 AM like 5 times in a row so I went "OH MY GOD WHAT IS GOING ON I MUST POST THIS"

And the rest is history. Oh well.

WTF do I do to punish his stupid ground laser if I bait it? It seems like everything I try just hits the stupid laser since it's still going for 90% of the duration of the move, and I'm terrible at figuring out when it's going to end so I can actually attack.

Its recovery is pretty long actually, i'd think its just waiting for the active frames to end

I imagine Charging then 22D CH will be fine.

if you block the legs once, you can do a lot of stuff. some moves still stick something into the laser and ruin you. but you can run him across the map and 6c from point blank if you block once.. if he does it and you haven't blocked, probably 22d is the best.

Thanks for the pointers; I'd been thinking along the lines of 'It's super negative, I'll just do 6C...no, that got me hit, how about 3C, no, that got me hit, WTF?"  Seems like you can pretty reliably just punish with 5C>6C (5C may clash though, which could theoretically let him do something else?) and the 22D FC definitely works. 

I need so much more time with this game.