Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeth07

[CP] Azrael - Gameplay Discussion v.2 (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Azrael forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in a Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Gameplay Discussion Only Please!:

Things To Do List (as of 12/23/13):
  • -Update Combo Thread with new posted info further.
  • -Add more info to Match-up Threads.

Things Done List (as of 12/23/13):
Collapsed: ]

[list:

[*]-Update Video thread. (12/23/13)

[*]-Added Unlimited Azrael section to Character Overview Thread. (12/01/13)

[*]-Make Player Critique Thread. (12/01/13)

[*]-Make changes to the combo thread. (10/23/13)

[*]-Update video thread. (10/22/13)

[*]-Make Match-up Threads. (10/22/13)

[*]-FULL Update of Video Thread 1st post. (8/21/13)

[*]-Update Video Thread 1st post. (7/1/13)

[*]-Create Azrael General Discussion Group.

[*]-Added FAQ section to the Character Overview thread. (5/23/13)

[*]-Cleaned up some portions of the threads. (5/21/13)

[*]-Possibly make separate "Character Guide" Thread, to cover gameplay strategies. (5/21/13)

[*]-Revamped "Link" section in the Combo Thread. (05/19/13)

[*]-Added a "Pressure" section in the Combo Thread/Wiki, re-titled to reflect this.

[*]-Update Video/Player List (05/16/13).

[*]-Change Wiki graphics as needed once data/game is released.

[*]-Update 1st post of Video Thread (04/15/13).

[*]-Update Frame Data with full translated info.

[*]-Possibly restructure Video Thread.

[*]-Add Full Frame Data from Mook, besides needed translations.

[*]-Add Basic Frame Data from Mook.

[*]-Update Video Thread in full as of most recent postings. (03/18/2013)

[*]-Adjusted Video Thread and Combo Thread "formatting" for easier browsing.

[*]-Do combo notation for Valiant Charger combo video, add any combos not already in thread.

[*]-Removed some clutter from "Character Overview" Thread, added more Pros/Cons.

[*]-Get base information of Azrael Wiki added.

[*]-Revamped the Basic Combo section in the Combo Thread.

[*]-Make changes to Combo Theory section in Combo Thread.

[*]-Clean-up Combo Thread.

[*]-Make new sticky/locked thread for Azrael "Guide" "Read Here First" (General Thread 1st Post now).

[*]-Reorganize Combo Thread.

[*]-Do combo notation for the 2 other recent combo videos and add to the Combo Thread.

[*]-Make some organization changes to Video Thread player list again.

Since people are starting to get the game now I decided it would be good to have a clean slate for the discussion thread and for people to hopefully read things (like the other threads) before skipping to the "most recent" posts in this thread.

It'd be great if the major focus of the Azrael forums are the match-up threads since that is really what the game comes down to and we already have a ton of known combos and general gameplay so things like that don't need to be explored as much.

I started posting info in some of the threads but had to stop since I got busy when I was doing them all. Anyone who can translate Japanese good is more than welcome to help out with some of the info that I posted in certain match-ups that came from the jp wiki / jbbs. I'll be going back through and posting basic info when I get a chance so that there's at least some kind of general understanding of things.

I posted matches of mostly Dogura / Tahichi in each of the match-up threads so that people can hopefully use them as a reference of what to do / what not to do and to also try and pick apart anything from the matches that seem useful and post it in the threads.

Anyone who is new to the Azrael forums and happens to actually read this, please take the time to read the other threads, particularly the Character Overview thread. There's a lot of information that has been gathered over the last 10-11 months that should be more than useful to anyone playing Azrael.

I'll be going all in on this guy once my copy arrives Monday (guessing). Bace and I are gonna main him, so we'll do our best to help out with MUs and anything else. I'm excited to record as well, so if there's anything where it would be helpful to have visual representation/guidance, hit me up. (anytime after Monday anyway, unless I luck out and get my stuff Friday/Saturday.

Any advice on doing links? I'm trying to grind them out, but it's not going well. Should I just try to tell when the animation ends and then attack?

There's so much about this character I like, if I could get a hang of the links I'd be set going forward.

Azrael has got to be the most street fighter esque character in the entire game with those links.

Any advice on doing links? I'm trying to grind them out, but it's not going well. Should I just try to tell when the animation ends and then attack?

I don't have the game until tomorrow afternoon, but some general advice for linking that holds true for most games.

When you're trying to link two moves, particularly normals against grounded enemies, there's one simple rule: Set the CPU to block. If the move doesn't come out, you pressed the button too early. If the move comes out but the CPU blocked it, you pressed too late.

Hold up during the recovery of the move you're trying to link out of and you should automatically jump. The timing on that jump is generally just after you should be pressing the next move (~7f, factoring in reaction time and jump startup).

Messing around a little with the stuff on the combo thread, the computer randomly picked carl as my target. I noticed that some of the BnBs won't work on him because of his small hitbox and how far Azrael pushes him away during the combos.

Also had some time to mess with it this morning a bit before work. Just some general stuff I noticed. 2a, 5a, 5b, 2c. Timing isn't too strict here, the only thing i've noticed is if you follow up 2c with 6d, it's almost a little distance dependent. I was able to land it very easily with high consistency at extremely close range, a little farther out though and the 6d was whiffing. Distance might determine if we follow up 2c with 6d, or the slightly farther reaching 3d. Or, I could just be bad lol.

Playing him feels smooth and fluid :). Some of the harder combos which I literally had like, 3 minutes to mess with have some pretty strict windows, specifically the weakpoint followed up by TCL into 5b aerial. I thought I remembered seeing Tahitchi do TCL in the corner to 5b,2c,5b aerial. Had a hard time landing the 2c after the first 5b.

There's so much about this character I like, if I could get a hang of the links I'd be set going forward.

Not sure how much it will help but in the Combo Thread there is a section on "Move Timing".

Messing around a little with the stuff on the combo thread, the computer randomly picked carl as my target. I noticed that some of the BnBs won't work on him because of his small hitbox and how far Azrael pushes him away during the combos.

In the Combo Thread there is a section on "Character Specific" information, not sure how much of it will apply to what you are doing but at least it is something to look over for any other stuff like that.

I'll be going over things like that when I actually get the game so hopefully anything related to that stuff will be cleared up.

Dude, this guy is nuts. Nothing chains every single move is a link ~__~ it'll take a minute to get used to lol.

He's hella fun though, doing valiant charge combos is such a fuckin blast.

Curious, anyone else having trouble with TCL timing? I don't really have a problem with his links it's just this blasted rekka.

Well...slow down is the best way I can describe it. Too fast and the second hit won't register.

I am having serious issues with challenge 27. Done everything before it, but I can't seem to get the timing of the 5B after rekkas. It feels like it shouldn't combo lol.

I've managed to get up to challenge 18 on Pad.

When the HELL is my stick getting delivered ;-;

Just a quick question, if you are midscreen with a UW applied, it seems the best follow up I can get without spending 50% heat is a TCL after UW bounce, and if i'm not close enough to the corner I can't get the 5b aerial follow. So wondering if the best idea midscreen with UW applied is to just apply a LW also and try to get closer to the corner?

after TCL, you should be able to follow up with 3D if you want to be lazy.

but what do I know? my copy hasn't shown up yet :'(

edit: keep in mind that this is for combos that are off the ground.

Just a quick question, if you are midscreen with a UW applied, it seems the best follow up I can get without spending 50% heat is a TCL after UW bounce, and if i'm not close enough to the corner I can't get the 5b aerial follow. So wondering if the best idea midscreen with UW applied is to just apply a LW also and try to get closer to the corner?

If I started the combo almost point blank, I can usually walk forward a bit after they bounce, and do the 5B into air combo into J. D. Farther away than that I just TCL for corner carry or use 3D to apply a lower weakpoint.

Anyone who is doing Azrael's Challenge mode combos, here's the combo I did to complete mission #25 without referencing the combo thread:

Do a Crush Trigger combo that does over 4,000 damage:

#25 = CT > 3C > 22C > 5B > TCL > 5B > 2C > 5B > OD > OD BHS

And here's mission #30 that I posted in the video thread already,

Use all of Azrael's drive related moves within the same combo:

#30 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7DfrSKs6Xc

You can pretty much do whatever you want for these combos as long as it has the requirements so I'm sure there are plenty of other options.

I will post these in the FAQ section in case anyone else asks again (and hopefully reads that thread first lol).

I'm getting stuck in the corner after I do rekkas on aerial opponents in certain combos. How do I avoid this? I suck at inputting rekkas in the correct rhythm for some reason.