Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Character Profile:

Name: ν-No.13- (ニュー)

Height: 155cm

Weight: 45kg

Birthday: 12/31

Japanese VA: Kanako Kondou

"After the events in Calamity Trigger following her battle with Ragna the Bloodedge, she was thought to have perished in the Cauldron alone. Nu is later revived by her own will to fuse with Ragna in a form referred to by Hazama as the “Sword of Hades”; though she retains her appearence and personality from the previous games. She is re-tuned by Hazama to stand in Ragna’s way once again." -BlazBlueWiki

Please have any Nu-13 story-related discussion to the

Chrono Phantasma Story Thread - HERE

Gameplay Overview:

Health: 10000

Play-style: Mid/Long range projectile zoner

Movement Options: 1 Double Jump/Air Dash, Dash type Run, Situational teleports

Nu primarily plays a ranged game centering around her drive and specials. She doesn't enjoy close range combat and you will typically spend most of the match zoning with her amazing drive moves and specials. She is very movement based and requires you to be constantly focusing on your spacing so you don't whiff any moves, as drives have horrible recovery on whiff. From any hit, Nu can always send her opponent to the opposite side of the screen, forcing them to restart all of their work getting in.

New to CP, Nu is a mode change character now and has access to a Dia mode and a Luna mode. Dia mode is heavily zoning based and her zoning tools are better than Luna mode's. Luna mode is combo and mix-up focused as it deals more damage as loses some of the zoning options that Dia mode has. Knowing when to switch and controlling the space on the screen is key to winning with Nu.

Pros/Strengths:

• Extremely strong zoning game gives her an amazing nuetral game very few characters can challenge
  • Amazing back dash
  • Combos featuring her drive moves are typically tough to burst properly. If someone bursts during the wrong time, Nu can easily pick up another combo
  • Mode change gives her access to different movesets to mess with the opponent's expectations

Cons/Weaknesses:
    • Low health
    • Reliant on system mechanics to escape pressure
    • Needs match-up experience to know how to zone many characters and her gameplan is completely dependent on whichever character she is facing
    • Need to know when to switch modes to gain access to a different playstyle

Move Descriptions:

Normal Moves
  • 5A - Quick jab. Good as a quick AA and for pressure
  • 5B - Nu knees the opponent. Good for pressure and has a lot of options off of it. Short range though
  • 5C – Nu throws her blade wings at the opponent. Good range but given its start-up and recovery, its not gonna be used as a poke. Is a projectile. FC.
  • 2A – A crouching jab. Main use is for poking out of pressure
  • 2B – Quick crouching kick. Great range for its start-up and recovers fast. A good poke you will be using often.
  • 2C - Slow AA with a lot of head invulnerability and good vertical range
  • 6A – Quick AA with a small vertical hitbox and decent horizontal range. Mainly used for people approaching in with deep jump attacks.
  • 6B – A basic kick. Good for pressure.
  • 6C – Nu throws her blade wings in an arc in front of her. Has SMP. Mainly used in combos or end a blockstring in Dia mode by cancelling into her 44 act parser.
  • 4B - A weird backflip. Overhead. Now is only one hit in CP and is slower. Has SMP.
  • 3C – Nu swipes her blade wings at the opponent's feet. Great range. In Dia mode, this floats on hit and can be cancelled with 22A to combo. In Luna mode, this downs on hit.
  • j.A – Standard air jab. Bad range but it is the fastest move you have in the air
  • j.B - An air kick. Useful for jumping in and when the opponent is locked down by 236D
  • j.C – Thrusts blade wings forward horizontally. Good horizontal range and has a hitbox behind her. Has practically no vertical range.
  • j.2C – Thrusts blade wings forward vertically. Massive vertical hitbox and easy to confirm on hit. Not that great of a jump-in since its horizontal range isn't that good.
  • Taunt – Nu checks her emails
  • Crush Trigger – Nu slams her blade wings together in front of her. Guard breaks. Useful in combos.
  • Forward Throw (B+C) - Nu skewers the opponent with her blade wings and launches them in front of her. Can easily followup with her drive moves to combo from it. Wallbounds in the corner
  • Back Throw (4B+C) - The same as her forward throw except she launches them behind her
  • Air Throw (j.B+C) - Grabs the opponents and slams them to the ground, causing them to bounce back up. Can be followed up with 6D easily
  • Counter Assault - Essentially her 6B. It is invincible but can be low profiled.

Drive Moves

Drive: Sword Summoner
Nu manifests sword-like projectiles which she can shoot off at different angles. All drive moves have a follow-up attack initiated by pressing D shortly after the attack connects. In Luna mode, it is currently believed that the follow-up attack cannot be done on block (confirmed for 5D and j.2D). Drive moves are all special cancelable and in Dia mode, all of them can be canceled into her 44 or 66 act parser.

• 5D – Shoots a sword directly in front of Nu. In Dia mode, Nu can jump cancel 5D (but not if you do the follow-up).
  • 4D – Shoots a sword from behind the opponent aiming at their head. Track the opponent and is an overhead.
  • 6D – Shoots a sword at a 30 degree angle. Can be jump canceled.
  • 2D - Shoots a sword at a 80 degree angle. This is steeper than it was in previous games. Can be jump canceled.
  • j.D – Shoots a sword at a 30 degree angle upwards while she is in the air. Follow-up can be jump canceled.
  • j.2D – Shoots a sword at a 30 degree angle downwards while she is in the air. Follow-up can be jump canceled.

Overdrive: Unlimited Drive
    List of Overdrive Effects:
    • All drive moves summon two swords instead of one
    • Special moves are no longer dependent on the mode Nu is in. Dia can use Luna-specific specials and vice versa.
    • For special moves that the two forms share, it will act the same as it normally does for whatever mode Nu is in (sickle storm in Dia mode is still the full screen low and sickle storm in Luna mode is still the multi-hit area based move)
    • Luna mode gains access to modify certain special moves with ~C like Dia mode can
    • Legacy Edge lasts longer and does more hits
    • Calamity Sword summons 4 swords in a wave motion instead of just one

Drive Overview

Nu's drive essentially gives her access to long range projectile normals. This gives her an advantage of being able to combo someone from outside of burst range and punish most bursts done while she is using her drive to combo. These are all projectiles so be mindful about projectile invincible moves. Very important to note that all drive moves have a dead space in front of Nu where they won't hit anything. In Dia mode, her drive moves are all level 1 projectiles. In Luna mode, they are all level 2.

Special Moves

[*]Face Lift (22A) Mode change special that changes Nu between Dia mode and Luna mode. Can be used off any ground normal, ground drive and many special moves.

[*]Supra Rage (623C) Nu does a Flash Kick-esque attack. Large untechable time and typically used as a combo ender to cause knockdown. Dia version has head invul. FC. Has SMP.

[*]Gravity Seed (214A/B/C) Places down a gravity well, which drastically slows down the opponent's movements. Different versions place the well at different ranges. Has a cool down timer, which is depicted by a gravity gauge. In Dia mode, there is no hitbox. In Luna mode, it now causes ground bounce on air hit. If whiffed, it takes less of the gravity gauge. Dia mode takes 30% of the gauge and Luna mode takes 70%. FC.

[*]Sickle Storm (236D) Summons a circular saw. Dia mode's sickle storm acts like CT's Sickle storm and travels along the ground full screen and is a low. Pushes the opponent full screen on hit. Luna mode's sickle storm seems to track the opponent. It hits 5 times in the same area 5 times (instead of 6 like it did in Extend). Has SMP but each mode's sickle storm is counted as a different move.

[*]Spike Chaser (214D) Summons a wave of spikes that rise from the ground. In Dia mode, it goes about 3/4 of the screen. In Luna mode, it goes about 2 character width in front of her. Can be charged in Dia mode. If charged, goes full screen. Has SMP.

[*]Crescent Saber (j.214D) Summons a curved blade that starts above Nu and comes down in an arc. Overhead. In Dia mode, it acts exactly like Extend's crescent saber and can be feinted with ~C. In Luna mode, it no longer has the dead space in front of her and cannot be feinted. Has SMP.

[*]Act Parser (44/66) Nu teleports either forward (66) or backward (44) after drive moves and 6C. Acts like CT Nu's teleports with less range. Can only do in Dia mode. Can be done in the air.

[*]Act Parser Zwei (236A) Teleports towards the opponent. Can go through the opponent. Can only do in Luna mode.

[*]Act Parser Zwei: Blade (236B) Teleports towards the opponent and hits them low. Now causes spinning down on ground hit and wallstick on air hit. Can easily be combo'd midscreen without meter now with 22A cancel. Can only do in Luna mode. Has SMP.

[*]Act Parser Zwei Cavalier (236C) Teleports towards the opponent and rams them. Wallbounces on CH. Wallstick on normal hit now. Can only do in Luna mode. Has SMP.

Distortion Drives

[*]Legacy Edge (236236D) Sends an endless stream of knives in front of her at the opponent. Goes full screen but has a dead spot directly in front of her similar to her drives. Have enough time to get a mix-up if the opponent blocks or combo if it is hits. Lasts longer in OD.

[*] Calamity Sword (641236D/j.641236D) Summons a massive sword from above and hits overhead. The air version is a great combo ender and adds about 1K damage to any combo. Has invincibility. In OD, 4 swords appear.

Nah, you only start off with the first six. I'm assuming you unlock the rest using P$ or something.

7-16 ingame

18-21 DLC

22-24 Magazine Code

I have a few things i want to test if anyone with a digital copy wants to gameshare to me :3

I'd pay like 20$ for it.

someone try these for me:

vs tager

6DD>IAD J.B>j.C>loops

vs anyone.

[Luna] X>3C>Facelift>{Reverse Sickle}>4B+}Reverse Sickle{ Unblockable [Dia]

[Dia] X>3C>{Reverse Sickle}>4B+}Reverse Sickle{ Unblockable [Dia]

New thread. Woo. I'm getting BB tomorrow according to the Fedex site. We shall play then swd. Or if you don't have it yet, I can test stuff for you.

You can't get an unblockable with 4B and 236D. Just like in CT, you don't recover fast enough after 236D.

yeah i realized. That reverse sickle where the opponent recovers behind nu though. That could be used.

someone try these for me:

vs tager

6DD>IAD J.B>j.C>loops

Doesn't work. Not enough hitstun on j.C to connect 6DD after landing.

vs anyone.

[Luna] X>3C>Facelift>{Reverse Sickle}>4B+}Reverse Sickle{ Unblockable [Dia]

[Dia] X>3C>{Reverse Sickle}>4B+}Reverse Sickle{ Unblockable [Dia]

Side note since Toan has already covered why that unblockable doesn't work, English Nu says "Phase Shift" and not "Face Lift". I propose we hereby redub that move "Phase Shift" from here onwards. Any objections?

That's the thing though. Since it's in the English VA's scripting, I doubt the English version is gonna use Face Lift, so I was thinking change it now and avoid confusion in the future. But if that's gonna mess with people's heads, I won't change anything.

Wow this character is so much fun and damn the execution is harder than I thought it would be, probably because I never really played a character that used a lot of 22x moves. Got some basic midscreen and corner stuff down but having a bit of a problem with the midscreen 6DD > IAD j.B stuff. Never been a big fan of grinding in training mode but now its actually fun =D

Well Aigis uses 22x stuff and I played her for about a month, so I've got some experience with that command. 6DD > IAD > j.B hit confirms are going to be brutal.

another idea.

hitting this a bit higher for more time before opponent can tech:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21939097

Using 664B for unblockable instead of crush trigger and just going for a shorter combo.

You know what. I will not rest until I create at least one unblockable highlow setup :v

wtb FRC for sickle storm lol

I know it's still a bit early to have a discussion on this since most of us don't have the game yet but..

What are your guys' opinions and preferences for the corner oki enders:

Dia: A Gravity, Spike

Luna: Sickle, Spike

Ending in Dia Gravity is generally considered safer. Ending in Luna sickle can award more damage but you have to watch out for DPs and people who can escape sickle storm like Hakumen or Bang.

There are some other gimmicks you can use such as 3C > 236A > 4B for the cross up. I don't know how effective spike will be after a corner ender. Dia version is bad on block, and Luna is safe, but the start-up is still long, and it's not really oki. But I can see it being effective against characters that can escape her oki, it'll beat out Noel's 2D I'm assuming because her spike in Luna is projectile lv2.

wtb FRC for sickle storm lol

I know it's still a bit early to have a discussion on this since most of us don't have the game yet but..

What are your guys' opinions and preferences for the corner oki enders:

Dia: A Gravity, Spike

Luna: Sickle, Spike

Well, I honestly prefer Gravity Seed for Oki than any of the other options you listed. As AchedSphinx pointed out, it's generally safer, and (In my opinion) the gives better rewards than Sickle Storm. Hell, if you can manage to get a hit on the opponent you can set up some very high damage combos with Gravity out. Though, I'd pick Sickle Storm over Spike Chaser any day.

_______

On another note: What does everyone think of Nu's new Colours? Like them, hate them, don't really care? I find myself to be quite fond of Palatte 7, 11, and 13-16.

I'll still be using blue (colour 3) since my eyes can't adjust to warm colours really well. (seriously, if you ever want to cripple my playing choose alter or some really red or orange stage)

Change it. If they English VA is using it, then it will most likely be what the english version of the game uses.

Reading the Japanese I always thought it should/was supposed to be "Phase Shift", since it's a reference to (mechanics related spoiler you probably guessed a year ago).

The 22A links aren't really all that bad. From the time I was spending last night, it's very buffer tolerant. The part I'm gonna have a hard time with is the increased need for dash cancels. In CSE (where I started), I managed to play only 50% scrubby but my technique's been limited by having a hard time being consistent with the A gravity seed to 66>6A>TK Cresent link. So many more dash cancels for CP Nu, I might be forced to pick a new character (or man up and fix my issues).

I'm working initially mostly using this video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21609025

Jourdal has a YT mirror up here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kU739RWdA