Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

I believe so. The character's options were growing stale over time. People could block everything Lambda threw out barring 4B[1] set ups. I completely stopped playing CSE after CP was announced and the gameplay I saw of CP Nu. I have so much fun with mode change combos.

And SWD, block low, then high. Or block high and get hit by the wheel and the combo is impossible to finish more than 2k with.

Lambda had always been mid-tier. If anything, her match-ups had been getting better since the characters that gave her the most trouble were becoming reasonable. CP Nu is mid tier as well. It isn't doing justice to Lambda to call her garbage.

To me, Lambda was a bit boring around EX, but solid all around. She had the right options for everything, and didn't really suffer from any holes in her gameplan. The thing is, though, CP1 Nu was a breath of fresh air, and had been given a ton of options Lambda didn't have, at the expense of losing some of that solidness in some areas.

Now with them separate, however, I feel this could be an opportunity for each to gain some tools to fill those holes each side would suffer from. I'm just wondering what's going to happen to their DDs, OD, Gravity Seed, and Supra Rage, all of which, were shared between the two.

Well, she has one only half the time now (obviously based on playstyle) and usually depends on system mechanics to get out of the corner under pressure..so how much of a loss is it...really?

I never liked the idea of spending 50 meter to get a decent damage midscreen combo.

CT Nu: 5DD>4DD>236D>RC>air combo. CS Lambda: 5DD>236B>RC>air combo.

If anything, since Arc System Works spent assets to make half a character, they will have the assets to build the other half of the character.

The laziest thing they can do is give both characters all the tools and modify the framedata. 

I agree. I wish there had been a post stating why so we knew what went wrong. I didn't feel that we were getting out of line or aggressive, so it could have been something else.

Then all we needed was a warning post to get back on topic. Man this forum sometimes...

I wanted to make a post about Lambda but not in here.

Speculation is just going to spill in here.

Well, that would be expected as Lambda is coming from Nu and at this point, that's the only area we can "speculate" from.

And SWD, block low, then high. Or block high and get hit by the wheel and the combo is impossible to finish more than 2k with.

Its a frame perfect unblock. Did you watch it? Sickle and 4d hit on the same frame. On od cancel sickle gives 6.5k or 4d gives what is shown.

Its a frame perfect unblock. Did you watch it? Sickle and 4d hit on the same frame. On od cancel sickle gives 6.5k or 4d gives what is shown.

What happens if you don't have an OD cancel(damage wise)? How does not teching or late teching effect this set-up?

Seems like a sweet set-up.

Late teching at a specific time allows avoidance but nontech resets the combo. Rc allows for a different combo but you need od or rc to combo after unblock

What's different about this version than the one you posted months ago? My friend and I tested all the routes from that one and they didn't come out the same frame. This one looks like Sickle doesn't trip on standing.

Sickle doesn't float if its frame perfect. Thats the only way to tell if you did it right.

Did a small spacing change to allow for frame perfect unblock.

I can't really think of anybody that the suped-up projectiles would be something I go to Luna for except for maybe Rachel. Maybe if Luna 5D knocks out Spark Bolt, but... I mostly go to Luna for closing in and pizza oki.

Besides Dia Nu, it does great against Bullets using flintshooter to approach. I like it against Hazama and Bang. 2Ding Bang's triple nail is great in Luna and not so great in Dia as he'll land and combo you after your Dia swords just trade the nails. Hazama has faster recovery and usually gets in/away after a clash of sword/chain.

I never thought about using it against the D nails. I usually just try to avoid them all together.

Trying to use Luna's D moves against Bullet always put me in a weird situation since I like spamming gravity against Bullet and Dia is significantly better at doing that. It is same condundrum that I had when fighting against Kagura and his sonic booms

And one match-up I find Luna Drive really good in is Litchi's since the staff can no longer be used to cancel out our drive while she gets in.

If you guys want to speculate about Lambda/Nu changes just go to the hype thread. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8913-bbcp2-celica-and-lambda-hype-thread/?p=821489

That's what it's for.

But I don't care about the discussion's about Celica or CP2 and it was nice to just have a place about Lambda. But we fucked up so we'll just have to wait.

It works well with Kagura at times, but usually when he's just throwing out his orbs. After it's out, it's easy for him to wyvern through it if you try to 5D. I usually just wait and bait a wyvern (they're always coming) and punish from there. For nails, it'll absorb all three of them and hit him if you do it soon enough, otherwise you may take a hit, but so does he and he doesn't get his free pressure and loses 3 nails.

I don't get to play Litchis very often, but I did do a set last night with a Kasumi and I found it helped a lot there as well.

Anyone else losing motivation these day lol, I should wait and see but we will need to relearn everything again. Although I wish aksy give us 3 version of nu the split form and the combine form. Would just solve everything.

Well, the news on Lambda has made me more motivated to play Nu. I haven't played Blazblue in months so there's a lot to relearn. Hopefully I see you guys online :)