Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flubsy

[CP] Izayoi Combo Thread 1.0

Ah gotcha. Been getting most of my combos from videos and what I've been able to make up in training mode, so it's also my fault for not checking the wiki. Carry on :P

That's a guard crush combo, right?

Pretty much any corner BnB into Phorizer should break 4k, or just do something cheesy like CT > CT > 5C > 236C~6D > 2C > 236236C > 214D > 5C > air ender.

Noticed this corner throw combo in one of Shimotsuki's matches, and I absolutely love it. Deals decent damage, nets you all 8 stars, and looks fancy as hell.

Normal Mode - Corner

Throw > 236B > 214A > 623C > 214C > 623B > 214B > 623C [2777 damage, 19 Heat, 8 stock]

Noticed this corner throw combo in one of Shimotsuki's matches, and I absolutely love it. Deals decent damage, nets you all 8 stars, and looks fancy as hell.

Normal Mode - Corner

Throw > 236B > 214A > 623C > 214C > 623B > 214B > 623C [2777 damage, 35 Heat, 8 stock]

thats character specific, you have to add a 2A delayed Aegis Blade in on most charas. otherwise, you can do 236B 214A 2B 623B 214B (into the corner) 623C jC j236C (hits backwards) for 8 stock, i think it does more damage?

thats character specific, you have to add a 2A delayed Aegis Blade in on most charas. otherwise, you can do 236B 214A 2B 623B 214B (into the corner) 623C jC j236C (hits backwards) for 8 stock, i think it does more damage?

Oh, the fix is good to know then, appreciate it. The 214B in your version inverts the input for 623C right? Guess it'll take some practicing.

Well I tested who you would have to use 2A on for the throw combo that builds 8 stocks, throw (214B) 236B 214A (2A) 623C 214C 623B 214B 623C, so the characters that do need the 2A extension are Relius, Amane Platinum and Izayoi herself.

So in that combo vid I just posted, did anyone else notice the last combo on hazama involving trans am 3c loops? I went to try and replicate it and noticed that normally that's not how the bits behave regarding tech time.

Fooled around more and figured out that if you cross up with either a hop or air dash and whiff an air attack letting just the bits connect for a counterhit , for the rest of the trans am it seems that the bits have extra untech time. Tried it on Ragna, Noel, and of course Hazama, I assume it's not character specific.

I have no explanation for this but it seems to be what was done in the video. Interesting stuff, huge damage, probably a glitch.

Well I tested who you would have to use 2A on for the throw combo that builds 8 stocks, throw (214B) 236B 214A (2A) 623C 214C 623B 214B 623C, so the characters that do need the 2A extension are Relius, Amane Platinum and Izayoi herself.

Nevermind, I got it :)

Anyone figured out if any good routes exist for GA > mode switch > normal mode stock building using RC? It'd be nice to have a good option to rebuild stock by taking advantage of GA dash mixup options while holding minimal stocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Here's one I've seen used in the corner.

(jC) 5B 5C 236C~D 2C 5C 2C(1) 236B RC~D 2/3C 623B 214B 623C jC D.

When I've tired this combo personally I haven't been able to land the last jC on some occasions.

Yeah I've been messing around with it. 236B RC 623C~214C 623B~214B 623C seems easier and more practical although you're trading oki for more stocks. If you do want oki though omitting the B teleport after 623C actually makes it easier since you won't run into the crossup problem. I.e. just do 236B RC 5C 623B dash 623C sj.C j.D.

I've tried what you mentioned before myself just to see what happened but with the combo I listed the portation is already pretty up there so getting the 623C actually is pretty tight or may not work in the version you mentioned. The reason why I cross under is its just easier to hit jC at that point cause its hitting the opponent at the back tip of the attack which is pretty high. Though I usually find 4 stocks just enough to get the job done cause I rather not lose the positioning, though that's a personal preference really.

Which, the 3-DP version or the dash 623C? The dash 623C is really easy, that shouldn't be a problem. They also end up really low if you do the 623C raw instead of 5C 623C so the 3-DP version is also very easy, I was able to make it work off j.C 5B 5C etc.

Well that is true that works, doing 623C after 5D to mode change to normal, but it does whiffs on Amane, Relius Platinum and Izayoi. I'll try it again when I get back home cause it jut might be my execution that might be a little off for 3 DP.

EDIT: I looked at your previous again and realized I read the combo wrong, my bad. But 623C does whiff on the characters I mentioned in this post.

Well here are some air throw combos in normal mode I say down and came up with (there might be better ones but this is what I got right now). One thing I want to note for these combos, the timings vary from throw height and character, basically I found aiming for the characters stomach is usually a good way to confirm of an air throw when doing these, Arakune cause he's a blob just aim for around the middle of his body.

jB+C 66 5B 5C sj jBAC 236C

Damage: 2703 heat 19 stars: 2

Note: doesn't work on Makoto Tao Noel Carl Rachel

jB+C 66 5b 5C sj jBAC 5A 623B/C

Damage: 2735 heat: 19 stars: 2

Note: doesn't work on Makoto Tao Noel Carl Rachel

jB+C 66 5C 623B 214B 623B

Damage: 2416 Heat 17 Stars: 4

Notes: universal

jB+C 66 5B 5C sj jABC 236C

Damage: 2685 Heat: 19 stars 2

Notes: universal

From normal air throw, you can get:

Air Throw > 236B > 214A > 2B > 623B > 214B > 623B - 2546/18 +6 stars

Air Throw > 66 > 2C > 5C > 623C > 66 > j.C > j.236C - 2984/21 +4 stars

Greetings all.

So I was wondering, what do you all usually do if you get a fatal counter with Valkyrie Astraea?

Between the strange counter-hit properties and the fact that you can't use [CS Beta -> Valkyrie Astraea] in the combo, I haven't been able to think of anything that does good damage and doesn't waste all my stocks.

If I knew any interesting combos, I would probably try to punish things with it more, since it's pretty fast and has good range.

I'm pretty bad so I'm sure there's better, but the easy one I use midscreen is the standard

Astraea>214B>(delay)5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>5C>6C>hjBjC>jBjC>D (3248/23 heat/-2 stocks)

You can tack on a Phorizer on the end for (3908/-27 heat/-2 stocks)

or do an extra 5A>5C>623C>D loop for (3573/25 heat/-3 stocks)

I've been messing around with the j.bac relaunch for Izayoi and got a path that squeezes in 2 more stock than the 623C > sj.C variant with about the same damage.

Don't know how useful it is but I've found it kinda fun to pull off:

2B > 5C > sj.BAC > 5A > 5C > 623B > 214B > 623C

The only real problem with it is that you're sacrificing the knockdown + j.D oki since it's an air-tech.

Problem with that variation is hitting with 623C is not consistent, it works some times and other times it doesn't, I've tried it before but it works great if you are near the corner though.

Problem with that variation is hitting with 623C is not consistent, it works some times and other times it doesn't, I've tried it before but it works great if you are near the corner though.

I've been very consistent with it so far. The only problems after testing is that the 623C seems to whiff on both Hakumen and Arakune, so it's best to stick with the regular loop path for them.

Huh really? I might have to try it again, I think I might be thinking of a similar variation I tried before.

EDIT: Ok I think I know why I thought it wasn't consistent, I think it's cause off of a raw 623B it doesn't let 623C land as well so I assumed that it wasn't consistent. Funny how stuff like that works.