Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang vs Jin

So, I picked Bang back up in CP after a long break since Extend.  I play against a Jin pretty regularly, so please sift through what I've learned and update the original post (I'll try and use the format mentioned above, with some liberties).  

This match up seems pretty even, if not even, then in Jins favor due to his pokes, heat gain, damage output and Bangs lack of a serious crouching punish.  I'm going to call it a 4-6 Jin.  

Starting the match out, I like to IAD back poison nail and let the Jin player do his thing, get a feel for the match.  Jumping in with barrier up at start in a decent option as well.  You'll block his DP or air poke if he throws it, and if he doesn't, or goes for a 2D or something ballzy, you get a good punish and a seal.  Just be ready for the IAD air throw from him.  

At neutral, Jins 5B/C are pretty ridiculous.  Bang can't quite confirm a max range 5B that stuffs Jins 5B and his 5C will beat our poke outright.  Stay mobile and fish for falling j.B and A nails to disrupt his pokes and land one of your own.  If you land a combo and you're going for oki, pressure with a well spaced 2B.  This tool is amazing vs. Jin as it's safe from the wake-up violent ice DP, picks up rolls, and is + on block for pressure.  You could use bumpers and IAD's to cross up on Jins wake-up to ruin his inputs too.  I like the 6D> B bumper setup myself.  

If Jin hits you first and you're on the defensive, well that sucks.  His pressure is strong in this iteration and a lot of Bangs outs are (forgive the term) hit or miss.  What makes his pressure strong is not that he has a high low game, but that he has strings into awkwardly timed, safe moves.  If you're going to wake-up 6D, do it sparingly.  Another decent option as long as you're not in the corner is to wake up> back dash.  He can punish if he gets wise to it though, with dash 6C or IAD j.D etc.  His only overhead is 6A and he can only combo from that with meter.  He'll likely go from 5C> stuff, notable is the 5C>5D gatling.  5D FC's for Jin, but you can 6D guard point/ teleport it for some mind gamey stuff.  The Jin I play knows my Bang playstyle and punishes that 6D attempt with a D ice car.  Infuriating.  Jins 5C is jump cancelable on block and gatlings into 6C and that goes into 6B (If either of these moves hit you first hit/ p1, burst or bite the pillow because they start great combos).  6B is safe, but you CAN contest it with some risk using 6D.  The issue with this is that Jins normals are insane and sometimes hit on both sides of him.  CH6D and a change of screen position is worth it if you're suffering in the corner.  It's a good idea for Jin to cross you up often with jump cancelable moves like after 5C, IAD j.D or IAD j2C, so be ready to react to that.  Jins TK j.623D hits overhead unlike all his other air enders.  In corner, he can throw this after 6B for a mixup or midscreen for a last hit kill.  Also, news to me, but D ice car hits friggin' low now.  Apparently his B one hits low too, but that's unconfirmed right now.

As for air game, Jins air normals are mindless and amazing.  They hit on both sides of him and are way easy to abuse.  The best way to avoid broken tactics is to take the MAHVEL route and not be caught in the situation in the first place.  Easier said than done as Jin can confirm a stray j.C into a combo from just about any angle, air hit or naw.  As for a solution, strangely enough, Bangs 3C can be an answer to Jin aerials.  It'll beat sloppy IAD attacks all day and FC for pretty good damage.  Outside of that, it'll move Bang far enough away from Jin to avoid a serious punish.  Seals are great in this match up.  If you have meter, he isn't allowed to jump, period.  He can hit you out with j2C but he has to read it far in advance.  One more note for air game, if Jin escapes an air throw, his j.C poke will beat anything Bang does.  

Ending points, most of Jins damage comes from corner combos.  His corner push is great, so you'll likely find yourself there eventually.  I'm not positive about this, but learn his corner combos and time a burst when he throws his C-dragon punch, violent ice.  His recovery is more than yours and your burst won't blow him away.  It can be frustrating to catch a mobile Jin since his j.C can space you well.  Creative use of nails, poison, exploding, and D nails, will get you in.

If something is wrong or you guys have objective questions, lmk.