Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

superscience890

[CP] Bang Combo Discussion and Posting Thread

I'm thinking on working on a midscreen frkz poison nail variant one of these days, I'll tell you what I come up with. :p

Oh and it's mainly Rachel. I tolerate new Bang (and actually like him MUCH more than the old unserious one) but I violently despise English Rachel out of how much I like her original self. My mute button click was pressed by an outburst of murderous aura, my hands didn't move.

Btw, I stole those astral setups from that vid myself. Need full life od and normal starter but even on crouching ypu can do like 5C od 5B 2B 5D 62D astral. Only issue is getting the meter to do it while not getting hit below 85% or so lol. If your combo goes any longer to run out the extra OD so you can tk astral properly they tech early on that frkz 2D so it won't work.

Ok so I heard from a friend That a new patch is coming! So with that said some one check that please cause if that is true there is  about to be a lot of HYPE! Cool vid btw too Greek Angel!

If you mean the 2.0 version relevant to Celica and Lambda, yeah that was announced as coming this fall...for the arcades. I expect it to take a lot longer to actually reach us however. I think we'll be getting a new disc version sometime next year by Spring or so.

We could use more astral combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjH0dtO7vPc

okay cool video but one question. Are those astral combos character specific? And what are the combo routes off 5A? One more thing describe how the stun nails works in combo into astral in more detail if you can. thanks in advance.

Love song/style this time around. Also, that's a very smart way of using the umbrella setup for an astral. Great work. :D

Need fatal to do astral combos off of the 5C tk nail thing. That or a very unprorated normal starter before the hitstun decay has begun. Even the frkz route doesn't work off of 5A.

I had only seen Reclimb out of those. Great stuff. It also answered one of y riddles for dual poison combos which I was pondering about so that's another plus. :D

Can someone tell me the basic beginner Bang combos? The OP is great but as a total scrub I dont know where to start.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bKG6qDXNsv8

Note that these are 1.0 combos, but they still work on 1.1

Only the ones that involve 6B need to be changed in any way.

I was recently asked to tidy up our wiki by our friendly admin so I plan on going through this entire topic and cherrypicking all the most optimal combos to add. Eventually I'll make a post quoting everything I picked to add and then folks can comment on it. My idea would be to list optimal stuff and not flood the wiki with many many many things that you generally can do but you would never want to. I see other wikis like that and I think it's a pain parsing through the trash to find the one good thing in the mix. People won't know what to learn and what not to (like the dude 2 posts up) so i wanna more clearly define the useful stuff. This is the context I want the list to be examined through. Anything I missed or any new addition will receive due consideration and I'll make further edits past that first big chunky one. Thanks for any future help!

I did a bit of cleaning before. The seals part said: gives x seal on hit, whens acquired, will autogaurd lows/highs. Said that for the longest time.

guys, what are the standard bnb for od combos in the corner?

Greeeeeeek. Someone's here to see youuuuuu.

I'd normally answer if it's a question about any type of combo, but corner Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan is the only thing i don't touch. (although CH 6C>2-dash>5C>CT>5C>6D>6-dash>2D>CT>daifunka works....)

guys, what are the standard bnb for od combos in the corner?

Pretty much anything into 6C > 6Dash JC > 2Dash 5C > 6D > 6C > 5C > 2C > 5D > JD > 5C > 2C Daifunka.

Its a standard BnB for those who cannot do the SWD version.

Any tips on how to properly IAD during combos for a pad player?

tap 6, then very quickly tap 6 again Kappa

Oh, don't forget to press up before that. Very important

Being serious now, try to press up as the previous move is coming out so you have time to buffer the 66 and properly get a good IAD.

For example: xx>6C>at the same time 6C hits, press 8>66.

Other than that, grind it out in training mode so you can get your fingers able to move that fast