Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet vs. Valkenhayn

After against good Val players with my Bullet, I gotta say that this matchup is 5.5-4.5 Bullet's favor. My reasoning for this is that Valkenhayn is heavily dependent on wolf form for mobility. Bullet's drive at Heat level 1 and 2 shuts down that mobility since Valkenhayn can't block why in wolf form. At full screen, it's best to use afterburner to get heat levels then use 5D and j.D to threaten the Val player. While doing this, back him up into the corner and pressure him with Bullet's mixup game that involves 5D-rapid-5B-stuff, or 6C-j.C-6A, or even attempt to go for the throw. Keep using j.D and 5D at Heat levels 1 and 2 because it is Bullet's lifeline in this matchup that can ensure that she'll be able to stay on the offensive against a strong character like Valkenhayn.

Basically my thoughts on the matchup. Can't voice an opinion on the number because while you can pretty effectively shut down his neutral, he still has his absurd mixup, and bullet well, doesn't. It's nice that his defense sucks though, he has to try that much harder to peel Bullet off.

valk can shut down j.d with wolf j.a or j. 236 (the wolf charge) in any heat level. also his 5c is too fast for bullet to low profile it with 3c and it effectively beats her pokes as well. j.d is good to use for mixups but once he gets out of the vortex the match is in his favor. his neutral game is obviously a lot better than ours so flint shooter should come in handy somewhat to force him to approach from the air so we can hit him with 6b or 623c. don't try to counter assault him unless you're sure a counter, he can easily recover from the counter assault and go right back into wolf form to begin his pressure again.when knocked down in the corner it's best to barrier block to push him away enough for you to jump and get out of there or to use J.d to hit him out of wolf form but it's risky since he can air grab you out of J.d. I honestly feel like this match up is 6-4 valk's favor due to his high mixup, strong neutral and better pokes.

Also if bullet does knock down and go for 5d or jd shenanigans, just tech late and block, look for a jump canceled normal into jc attempt and get a clean 6a> 5c into stuff. The match is pretty much done if you manage range properly along with the def options mentioned the match is pretty much on lock...

The only gimmick thats just jacked up, is her instant jc> jd lol thats just lolz

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk