Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

Bullet self-improvement and user video thread

throws are a pretty important part of bullet's mixup game. You want to use throw reject miss setups as well.

Fair point. Where can I find these 'throw reject miss setups' you speak of?

One of the most obvious ones is 6C jump cancel, at least that's the one I've seen my friend using quite a lot. It's not too difficult to put 6C at the end of your corner combos, though I'm not sure how useful it is in midscreen.

Fair point. Where can I find these 'throw reject miss setups' you speak of?

it's just spooking them into pressing the throw button early and then grabbing them during the cooldown time.

Like 2A 2A throw - if they press throw after the first 2A in an attempt to break a throw, they cannot break the throw after a second 2A due to throw reject miss.

edit:

also, to break defense, you can use crush trigger and 720A- good buffers are 2B, 5C, and forward dash.

edit2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYDPBljaz5Q

shhhh don't tell anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BpgWtFtns&feature=youtu.be

Tricks of the trade as usual, review for enjoyment or feel free to critique. Connection is a little shotty due to the internet supplied by the government so basic combos that I miss are for them to blame till I find a way around it. No way in hell should I be paying such a bill while be screwed over to such an extent like this.

hey guys im new to bb in general and I started using bullet. i really like the character and I have fun using her. my friends picked up the game as well and they both are using Terumi and Tager. I want to know whats the general game plan with bullet because i feel like once i get the knockdown i dont really have many options for a mix up. any advice is welcomed. thanks :)

hey guys im new to bb in general and I started using bullet. i really like the character and I have fun using her. my friends picked up the game as well and they both are using Terumi and Tager. I want to know whats the general game plan with bullet because i feel like once i get the knockdown i dont really have many options for a mix up. any advice is welcomed. thanks :)

Bullet Okizeme from 5D/jD

1. 5[D]

• Positive on block but consumes heat

• beats certain mashing and resets situation

• can be held to cancel and use normals

• catches rolling behind

• loses to reversal, rolling backwards

• very little reward without 50 meter

2. jC safejump

• Beats a lot of reversals

• Goes into normal pressure strings if blocked

• Worthless against characters without reversals

3. 2A

• Catches rolls and delayed techs

• loses to reversal

4. crossup jD

• Beats wakeup backdash, some reversals, backwards roll

• loses to 5A, forward roll, some reversals

• Very little damage without 50     meter

5. 6A meaty

• Beats blocking low

• loses to reversal

6. 236[A] meaty

• Hard punish on delay tech and mash

• positive on block

• loses to DP

7. jB j9C fuzzy

• mixup with safejump

• decent damage

• loses to DP

• resets situation

thanks for the info. also does anyone have any tips on how to execute her 720?

I suggest picking a direction to spin and sticking with it regardless of what direction you're facing.

You can also buffer it off other normals, on wake-up etc etc.

It's a matter of learning how to churn that butter.

It's a matter of learning how to churn that butter.

I've never seen a more appropriate way of describing 720s.

Also wanted to come in real quick and ask is there any combo situations to use Bullet's crush trigger? I'd normally just use her meter for RC-ing, but I've been wondering if I could somehow throw in a Crush Trigger mid combo and use meter there instead. I know you can combo into if it's a Fatal Counter, but you can combo anything off of that.

Off CH 6B you can land Crush Trigger. Near corner I do CH 6B, CT, 6A, 236[A] into whatever for pretty decent damage. With the added wallbounce to her CT in 1.1 it may open up more options. 

crush Trigger adds good damage after a Fatal counter 5C if you do land it. I've also been thinking of ways to get started on the new wallbounce on airborne enemies in the new patch.

i'd also like to add some Oki options off j.A since I didn't see any. Not really much. j.A, 9, j.C crosses up on some folks (I've had it happen with Hakumen and IIRC Jin.) haven't tested the whole cast yet but nice little thing to know. Only hits if they're standing though...

and there's also the j.A, grab setup.

You should be careful about doing things like Afterburner at full screen when Azrael has more than 50 meter.  It was shown to me that Black Hawk Stinger basically goes full screen and can punish it.

Hello!, awesome info just wanted to say that. I learned a lot on how to play bullet and enjoy checking here daily. Long time lurker trying to get better. I will eventually upload some of my matches to ask for advice and such.

You should be careful about doing things like Afterburner at full screen when Azrael has more than 50 meter.  It was shown to me that Black Hawk Stinger basically goes full screen and can punish it.

I've found that in most matches, if I'm at least half a screen away, I'll just afterburn a lvl. Some folks don't react well enough to punish anyway. And if they do, I just live with it

Yeah, it really depends on the player.  Just keep that in mind so you don't get a nasty surprise when you're low on health.  That's how I learned about it at least.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=faAHlFpnySg&index=1&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w#t=03m30s

More of my Bullet in action. Still getting used to the changes but nonetheless have fun all together, feel free to critique or enjoy the video. Bang and Jin matches.

Probably the most often and fun time I use Afterburner is when fighting anyone with projectiles. Projectile invulnability son.

It's pretty risky, but feels great when it works.

New to Blazblue (just about 2 months) and loving Bullet, finally fixed my broken pad and am now experimenting with Bullet's buffed super grab. Kinda figured out a setup if people haven't been using it already. Feel free to send me any tips. Other fighting games on my youtube as well if interested.

Bullet vs. Rachel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfi52VDhmLU&list=UUQ003begP3fMBY-cS__tIsg

Bullet vs. Hakumen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkiUn7K9kRA&list=UUQ003begP3fMBY-cS__tIsg

Hakumen gives me problems trying to anti air, any advice is appreciated.

For Alkipot

vs Rachel- At least you were knowledgeable about afterburner (214D) and the command dash (41236C) having some projectile invincibility, I don't apply them enough but good work. You can learn some of the extended versions of your combos after you get them in the corner such as after the command dash you can go into 5B jB jC 6B sjC jD back into level 1 heat or carry it into level two heat if you don't use the blast after the command dash. I'll post those combo later if you don't know the BnB's off the top of your heard.

If you have to tone down on anything I suggest that you don't do jD as often as you're exposed to all kind of counter hits, cancel them with 4D just to drop immediately or just stop your drive in general. Try to instant block more as well. since Bullet is more a punishment character instead of rush down character, you have to keep this in mind. Bump up that neutral game play some more and you'll be fine, your understanding is much better then my own when I first attempted to learn her.

vs Hakumen- You were very reckless with the jump-ins but at least the Hakumen didn't capitalize on them, a simple 5D could shut down your whole game play since you are very straight lace with your approach. Learn your combos so that they're second nature and you getting the most out of the punishment. I'm actually a little bit jealous how well you buffer the command grab super after 5C, that's some fast fingers. Be careful with your approach and attempt to IB some more, going in with her is kind of risky but if you know how to micro dash off of confirms or defend immediately you should be fine. Bullet is a very predictable character so keep that in mind, she doesn't get enough options like Ragna so you'll be working a little bit more for some reward.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUS-ekqg9s#t=04m30s

Vs Azrael and Kokonoe. Enjoy the video or feel free to critique, supporting the bigger cause of Bullet and her Brigade.