Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeardBreeder

[CP] Abyss Mode Discussion

Does anyone know if turn unlimited is unlockable?

Doesn't seem like it. I got it today and after I finished it did not unlock. Guess it would be too powerful, at least with some characters (unlimited Tsubaki did not seem very powerfull, at least she is not as bad as in Extend)

Found a couple that aren't listed yet.

Blood Sucker, Rare 3. Goes in the first empty slot on Kurushii's list; you regain a very small amount of life per hit. Costs 10000.

Dead or Alive, Rare 4. Goes in the second empty slot on Kurushii's list, right after Lucky Puncher EX. Not sure exactly what it does; a fixed chance of causing any Counter to become a Fatal Counter, I think? The description is "お互いの攻撃がー定確率で即死攻撃になります。", if anyone's better at translation than I am.

Edit: And a few more. These go right after Free Barrier on Kurushii's list.

Burst Booster, Rare 3. Increases the rate the Burst gauge recharges at. Cost unknown.

Max Overdrive, Rare 4. Overdrive gauge is always maximum length. Costs 30000. DELICIOUS.

Maze Walker, Rare 5. Depth increases much more quickly. Not as useful later on, but early it's a godsend. Cost unknown.

Red Aura goes right after Invisible. Rare 1, +50 Atk. Costs 5000.

Rainbow Aura goes right after Gold Aura. Rare 2, +50 Atk, +50 Def, +100 Heat. Cost unknown.

Dead or Alive, Rare 4. Goes in the second empty slot on Kurushii's list, right after Lucky Puncher EX. Not sure exactly what it does; a fixed chance of causing any Counter to become a Fatal Counter, I think? The description is "お互いの攻撃がー定確率で即死攻撃になります。", if anyone's better at translation than I am.

I think it lets both players one-shot each other by chance. So you can both kill with one hit and be killed with one hit.

To answer a question brought up by auras. Their stat bonuses stack, but whatever you have on a lower slot will be the only one doing it's cosmetic effect. Ex: I have chose Rainbow Aura during one of my runs in abyss. this was in the first slot, the 2nd slot I put maze walker (the descending rate is much faster if that question wasn't answered). I then came across Gold Aura after defeating my opponent, which went into my 3rd slot. The next fight I had just a gold aura yet of the both aura bonuses were in effect.

I have the following auras. I believe all are 5k

Red------+50 ATK

Black----+100 HEAT

Silver----+50 DEF

Gold-----+25 ATK & DEF, +50 HEAT

Rainbow--+50 ATK & DEF, +100 HEAT

I also have Start Heat Up for 5k which makes you start with full heat at the start of the match (goes above heat recover). Counter Puncher for 5k, but not sure if that's either allows counters to sometimes be fatal, or regular attacks sometimes be counters.

Everything else it seems everyone has. I do have Ragna, Rachel, and Izayoi's special things listed in shop but haven't tried it yet

EDIT: Just tried Rachel's SP Thunderbolt and her electric attacks are much stronger. Idk percentages but 236 B into detonation does 1195 while normally it does 895. Maybe looking at something close to 30% increase in electrical attacks. I had Mr. STOIC on so all my stats were 0

So, what does ETERNAL IGNIS do? I put it on my Relius and the ignis gauge is exactly the same as before. It depletes, and Ignis can't be used once it reaches 0 :(.

I thought I'd be able to spam 5B 6D all day D:.

Alright, ladies and gentleman, let's talk Abyss Mode. I've put off making this post for several weeks now, and a lot of what I'm about to explain has already been covered earlier in the thread, but please bear with me.

So those of you familiar with Continuum Shift Extend's Abyss Mode will notice quite a few changes right off the bat. First of all, instead of a total of four dungeons that you unlock one after another (DEPTH 100, DEPTH 500, DEPTH 999 and DEPTH ∞), there are now eleven dungeons.

Dungeon Level 1 <EASY> - DEPTH 100
Dungeon Level 2 <EASY> - DEPTH 100 - Most boss characters will be from Calamity Trigger.
Dungeon Level 3 <EASY> - DEPTH 200 - Most boss characters will be from Continuum Shift.
Dungeon Level 4 <NORMAL> - DEPTH 100 - Boss characters have high speed.
Dungeon Level 5 <NORMAL> - DEPTH 200
Dungeon Level 6 <NORMAL> - DEPTH 300 - Boss characters have high attack but no defence.
Dungeon Level 7 <HARD> - DEPTH 200 - Boss characters have high Heat.
Dungeon Level 8 <HARD> - DEPTH 200
Dungeon Level 9 <HARD> - DEPTH 300 - Boss characters have high defence.
Dungeon Level 10 <FINAL> - DEPTH 300 - All boss characters are Unlimited.
Dungeon Level 11 <∞> - DEPTH 100000
Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi will never appear as opponents in Abyss Mode.

Clearing all dungeons of a particular difficulty will unlock all dungeons for the next difficulty, so clearing Dungeon Levels 1-3 unlocks Dungeon Levels 4-6, clearing Dungeon Levels 4-6 unlocks Dungeon Levels 7-9, clearing Dungeon Levels 7-9 unlocks Dungeon Level 10 and clearing Dungeon Level 10 unlocks Dungeon Level 11.

I should point out that there's more to those dungeons than described. All characters you fight in the dungeons themed around a particular stat increase will also have that stat as their primarily increased stat, just to a much lesser extent than the boss characters. All HARD dungeons will end with an Unlimited character as the last boss. All boss characters in Dungeon Level 10 <FINAL> will have their character-specific SP item equipped, and clearing the dungeon will unlock every single character-specific SP item (which is certainly a lot more convenient than clearing a dungeon with every character).

With the exception of Dungeon Level 11 <∞>, you may have noticed that all the dungeons are very short. This is partly due to how they've been redistributed. Along with an increased number of dungeons, each dungeon now builds off of the last. By this, I mean that the base stats of the characters you fight increase with each dungeon, they don't start off fresh each time like they did in Continuum Shift Extend. The reason for this is because of the change to how stat increases work.

You can no longer buy ATTACK, DEFENCE, HEAT or SPEED items in the Abyss Shop. The only way to increase your stats is to choose it as an item when you defeat a boss character (ATTACK/DEFENCE/HEAT/SPEED = +1, +3, +6, +10, +15, ALL = +1, +3, +5). However, these stat increases are permanent, although you may reset any given stat at the Abyss Shop if you so wish. Because of this, stat increases have now been rebalanced. The maximum you can have in any stat is now 999.

Each point in ATTACK increases your ATTACK by 1%, so at 999 you'll be dealing 999% extra damage, 1099% of your base damage. DEFENCE increases your life, presumably on a similar sort of scale as characters can definitely have more than 99999 life by the time their DEFENCE is at 999. Your damage counter never goes above 99999, but you can continue to deal damage past that. When your HEAT stat reaches 500, your Heat Gauge will be maxed out when you start a match, but the rate at which you build Heat will continue to increase with more points put into HEAT. Once maxed, you'll build 100% Heat in approximately two normals if you're not in cooldown. Putting enough points into SPEED will grant your character additional air jumps and air dashes. At max SPEED, your character will able to do four extra air jumps and four extra air dashes without landing.

SP items have also undergone a change. You unlock them in the same way you did before, but due to the more permanent nature of items in this game, you only need to purchase them once to be able to equip them at any time. SP items you equip through the Abyss Shop will be equipped by default in future runs.

Name - Cost (P$) - Rarity and Description
BLOOD SUCKER - 10000 - [RARE3] All attacks steal life on hit.
ARMOR GRINDER - 2000 - [RARE1] Chip damage increased.
LUCKY PUNCHER - 2000 - [RARE1] Random chance of a hit dealing double damage.
LUCKY PUNCHER EX - 10000 - [RARE3] Random chance of an attack being unblockable.
DEAD OR ALIVE - 20000 - [RARE4] Random chance of either you or the opponent's attack being an instant kill.
SINKEN BATTLE - 20000 - [RARE4] Both characters deal double damage, but cannot block.
REVENGER - 10000 - [RARE3] Deal double damage at critical life.
BERSERKER - 10000 - [RARE3] Deal double damage at the cost of gradually losing life.
COUNTER PUNCHER - 5000 - [RARE2] All Counter Hits become Fatal Counters.
ALL COUNTER - 10000 - [RARE3] All hits are automatic Counter Hits. (You can still throw reject though.)
POISON DAMAGE - 5000 - [RARE2] Hitting the opponent poisons them. (Funnily enough, throw attempts also count as a hit.)
AUTO HEAL - 2000 - [RARE1] Slowly regenerate life.
LIFE REGAIN UP - 10000 - [RARE2] The amount of life you get back after a battle increases.
FLASH GUARD - 5000 - [RARE2] Instant Blocks build 5 times the regular amount of Heat.
START HEAT UP - 5000 - [RARE2] Heat Gauge is automatically maxed at the start of battle.
HEAT RECOVER - 2000 - [RARE1] Heat Gauge builds automatically.
HEAT KEEP - 30000 - [RARE4] All moves that require Heat cost half as much as normal. (Rapid Cancel does not count.)
HALF C TRIGGER - 5000 - [RARE3] Crush Triggers cost half Heat.
HALF C ASSAULT - 5000 - [RARE3] Counter Assaults cost half Heat.
HALF ASTRAL HEAT - 5000 - [RARE3] Astral Heats cost half Heat. (100% Distortion Drives are also halved.)
HUMAN FORTRESS - 5000 - [RARE2] Cannot be Guard Crashed.
FREE BARRIER - 5000 - [RARE2] Barrier Gauge does not deplete.
BURST BOOSTER - 10000 - [RARE3] The rate at which your Burst Gauge replenishes increases.
MAX OVER DRIVE - 30000 - [RARE4] Over Drive duration is always what it would be at 1-10% life.
MAZE WALKER - 10000 - [RARE5] Gain DEPTH more easily.
ENEMY POWERDOWN - 10000 - [RARE3] Opponent's attack power is reduced.
ENEMY DEF DOWN - 10000 - [RARE3] Opponent's total life is reduced.
ENEMY HEAT DOWN - 10000 - [RARE3] Opponent's Heat Gain rate is reduced.
ENEMY SPD DOWN - 5000 - [RARE3] Opponent's speed is reduced.
ENEMY AI DOWN - 15000 - [RARE3] Opponent's AI level is reduced.
ANTI-BURST - 5000 - [RARE2] Opponent cannot activate Over Drive or Break Burst.
ANTI-DD - 5000 - [RARE2] Opponent cannot perform Distortion Drives.
ANTI-AH - 5000 - [RARE2] Opponent cannot perform Astral Heats.
AUTO HEAT DOWN - 5000 - [RARE2] Opponent's Heat Gauge decreases automatically.
AIR JUMP +1 - 2000 - [RARE1] Gain an additional air jump.
AIR DASH +1 - 2000 - [RARE1] Gain an additional air dash.
GOLD BURST - 5000 - [RARE2] If you hit the opponent with a Break Burst, your Heat Gauge fills to 100%. (GGXX-style Gold Burst)
EXTEND BURST - 10000 - [RARE3] If you hit the opponent with a Break Burst, they are flung into the air. (BBCS-style Gold Burst)
INVISIBLE - 5000 - [RARE3] Your character is invisible while they're not being hit.
RED AURA - 5000 - [RARE1] Your character gains a red aura. (ATTACK+50)
BLACK AURA - 5000 - [RARE1] Your character gains a black aura. (HEAT+100)
SILVER AURA - 5000 - [RARE1] Your character gains a silver aura. (DEFENCE+50)
GOLD AURA - 5000 - [RARE1] Your character gains a gold aura. (ATTACK+25, DEFENCE+25, HEAT+50)
RAINBOW AURA - 5000 - [RARE2] Your character gains a multi-coloured aura. (ATTACK+50, DEFENCE+50, HEAT+100)
Mr.STOIC - 10000 - [RARE5] All stats become 0, but the P$ you earn is doubled.
Mr.STOIC2 - 10000 - [RARE5] You cannot perform Distortion Drives, but the P$ you earn is doubled.
TURN UNLIMITED can also appear as a RARE5 item. Unfortunately, even if equipped it cannot be purchased in the Abyss Shop, meaning that you can only keep it for the duration of the dungeon you found it in.

Some of the pre-existing character-specific SP items have been changed since Continuum Shift Extend. As far as I can tell it's typically for when the item in question would overlap with the purpose of that character's Over Drive. As a result, some characters have been effectively nerfed. I should note that while these items are given a rarity rating, I have yet to see any of them actually drop from defeating a boss character, although apparently Ragna's can.

Name - Cost (P$) - Rarity and Description
RED BLOOD SUCKER - 20000 - [RARE5:Ragna Exclusive] Soul Eater life steal is increased.
MAXIMUM BLIZZARD - 20000 - [RARE5:Jin Exclusive] Freeze time increased.
BOLVERK'S BULLET - 20000 - [RARE5:Noel Exclusive] Projectile attack power is increased.
SP THUNDERBOLT - 20000 - [RARE5:Rachel Exclusive] Electric shock attack power is increased.
SHADOW MOVE - 20000 - [RARE5:Taokaka Exclusive] During "Almost Becoming Two!", your shadow's attack power is increased.
PWR MAGNETIC FORCE - 20000 - [RARE5:Tager Exclusive] Opponent starts the battle magnetised. (Electric Gauge also starts maxed.)
DRAGON CLUB - 20000 - [RARE5:Litchi Exclusive] Attack power is increased with the staff, Heat Gauge builds automatically without the staff.
CRIMSON PARTY - 20000 - [RARE5:Arakune Exclusive] Opponent starts the battle cursed.
IKARUGA SPIKE - 20000 - [RARE5:Bang Exclusive] Nails quickly restore to maximum.
ETERNAL NIRVANA - 20000 - [RARE5:Carl Exclusive] Nirvana's attack power is increased.
AUTO MAGATAMA - 20000 - [RARE5:Haku-Men Exclusive] Magatama Gauge increases at a faster rate.
HEAVY GRAVITY SEED - 20000 - [RARE5:Nu Exclusive] Gravity Seed restricts the opponent's movement to a greater extent.
FULL INSTALL - 20000 - [RARE5:Tsubaki Exclusive] Install Gauge starts maxed.
DARK UROBOROS - 20000 - [RARE5:Hazama Exclusive] Uroboros uses quickly restore to maximum.
ADV STEINSGUNNER - 20000 - [RARE5:Mu Exclusive] Projectile attack power is greatly increased.
MAXIMUM IMPACT - 20000 - [RARE5:Makoto Exclusive] Impact Level 3 and Level G attacks automatically Guard Crash. (If the opponent Barrier Guards, they will lose all Barrier and still be Guard Crashed.)
WOLF HOWL - 20000 - [RARE5:Valkenhayn Exclusive] Wolf form's attack power is increased.
SP MAGICAL SYMPHONY - 20000 - [RARE5:Platinum Exclusive] Start with a powered item equipped.
ETERNAL IGNIS - 20000 - [RARE5:Relius Exclusive] Ignis' attack power is increased.
SUPER IZAYOI - 20000 - [RARE5:Izayoi Exclusive] Zero Weave Gauge starts maxed.
SUPER DRILLER - 20000 - [RARE5:Amane Exclusive] Spiral Gauge starts at Level 3.
HEAT UP PANTS - 20000 - [RARE5:Bullet Exclusive] Heat Up Level starts at Level 2.
SP PHALANX CANNON - 20000 - [RARE5:Azrael Exclusive] Phalanx Cannon starts with 3 projectiles stocked.
Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi have no character-specific SP item.

After all of that, let's get to the meat of Abyss Mode, Dungeon Level 11 <∞>.

Despite its title, the dungeon does have a finite DEPTH, as mentioned before. 100,000 is understandably incredibly daunting even with the Quick Save function, and annoyingly the game does indicate whether or not you've cleared it, so completionists will probably kill themselves over this. Fortunately you don't need to clear it to unlock anything, so simply using the dungeon to find SP items and test how far you can get is probably as far as anyone will want to take it.

DEPTH items start to appear in this dungeon in the form of DEPTH +10, DEPTH +30 and DEPTH +50. Unfortunately there are no triple digit DEPTH items like there were in Continuum Shift Extend.

Regular opponents start at 250 in all stats and no SP items, and boss characters start at 500 and one SP item. Their stats will gradually increase as you progress through the dungeon, although boss characters improve at a faster rate. The boss characters you fight are not entirely random, there are still set boss characters at certain DEPTH thresholds, but the SP items your opponents come equipped with are random. Unlike Dungeon Level 10 <FINAL>, they can never have a character-specific SP item equipped.

You may notice as you journey through Dungeon Level 11 <∞> that some opponents seem to have SP items that I haven't already mentioned. This is because there are items that human players cannot obtain. These seem to be put in place purely as obstacles to your progression, and they vary from minor annoyances to potential run enders.

BURST MAX - When the opponent performs a Break Burst, their Burst Gauge is immediately refilled to max.
ARMOR 500 - If an attack would deal 500 damage or less, it deals 0.
ARMOR 1000 - If an attack would deal 1000 damage or less, it deals 0.
ITEM BREAK - If the opponent hits you, the SP item in your first slot is unequipped at the end of the battle. If this item was new, it will not be unlocked when the run ends.
ITEM REFLECTOR - All SP items you have equipped will apply to the opponent instead of you. (Except for character-specific SP items and TURN UNLIMITED.)
MIST FINER - If you are hit by an opponent's special or Distortion Drive, it will kill instantly.

ARMOR 500 and ARMOR 1000 can become kind of a hindrance when combined with ENEMY POWERDOWN or if you're using a strategy that relies heavily on multi-hitting moves, but they're pretty much a non-issue once your ATTACK reaches a certain level. ITEM BREAK however is bad news, especially if you've got an important item in that slot. The obvious response is simply to reserve your first slot for your most expendible SP item, but a lot of good setups require specific SP items in all three slots, so just be careful not to get hit. ITEM REFLECTOR is the game's anti-ENEMY AI DOWN and anti-ANTI-DD all rolled into one, and it pays to be extremely cautious whenever you see it. If you're using a SINKEN BATTLE setup you should still be in decent form, just watch out for reversal Distortion Drives. MIST FINER is obviously a massive potential run killer, especially if one of you has SINKEN BATTLE equipped. You don't want an opponent with MIST FINER to have freedom of movement, so gain the offensive as soon as possible. Mercifully, the odds of an opponent having both ITEM REFLECTOR and MIST FINER are incredibly low, so ENEMY AI DOWN should keep an opponent with MIST FINER from disrespecting you.

Once you hit DEPTH 500, Unlimited characters will start entering the fray. All boss characters from then on will have two SP items equipped instead of one.

DEPTH 500 - Unlimited Mu
DEPTH 600 - Unlimited Rachel
DEPTH 666 - Unlimited Ragna
DEPTH 700 - Unlimited Azrael
DEPTH 800 - Unlimited Haku-Men
DEPTH 900 - Unlimited Nu
DEPTH 980 - Unlimited Hazama
DEPTH 999 - Unlimited Izayoi (occasionally occurs at DEPTH 1000 instead as the result of a glitch)

From DEPTH 900 onwards, all boss characters will be Unlimited. By the time you get to the mid-late 900s, all boss characters will have max stats. Once you progress past DEPTH 999, regular opponents will now have an SP item equipped (and with starting stats of 500, they're now just as strong as the boss characters were when you started) and boss characters will now have three equipped. Regular opponents won't max out their stats until DEPTH 2560. Your DEPTH also seems to advance at a slower rate once you reach DEPTH 500 and slower still once you get past DEPTH 999. At DEPTH 999, Ragna's Black Onslaught will increase DEPTH by 1 every 3 hits instead of every 2 hits.

Unlike Continuum Shift Extend's DEPTH ∞ dungeon, the opponents you fight do not follow the same pattern with each 1000 DEPTH you progress. There is no Unlimited Ragna at DEPTH 1666 or Unlimited Izayoi at DEPTH 1999. That said, as far as I can tell, they're still not random. I've fought the same boss characters consistently on specific DEPTH thresholds throughout multiple runs.

Now then, you may be asking: Just who is the best character for going through this stupid dungeon? Well, under ideal conditions, surprise surprise... it's probably Kokonoe.

1) You're playing Kokonoe.

2) With a low ATTACK stat, Hyouketsu Absolute Zero (236C) and Mecha/Golden Tager (2363214C) increase your DEPTH by a decent amount purely through number of hits. Unlimited Kokonoe can also use her 632146A from any distance to gain a lot of DEPTH.

3) With a high ATTACK stat, Mecha/Golden Tager just kills things immediately. Equip SINKEN BATTLE to give Kokonoe an unblockable nigh-instant kill. Equip HEAT KEEP to be able to do it twice in a row.

4) TURN UNLIMITED automatically gives you Golden Tager with fully invulnerable start-up regardless of charge time. Equip SINKEN BATTLE to give Kokonoe a frame 1 invulnerable, unblockable instant kill. Equip HEAT KEEP to be able to do it twice in a row.

5) Unlike Guilty Gear's Survival Mode, the killing blow of a match does not progress your DEPTH. The last hit of Kokonoe's Astral Heat however... is two hits, and effectively bypasses this rule as a result. Said last hit happens to deal a lot of damage too and accounts for a massive chunk of the DEPTH you advance. Terumi's Astral Heat works in the same way. Many characters do not get this luxury.

There's really only one thing that a Kokonoe with SINKEN BATTLE, HEAT KEEP and TURN UNLIMITED has to fear, and surprise surprise... it's Unlimited Haku-Men. He can Yukikaze through Mecha/Golden Tager, often cutting the beam and creating a Fuumajin in the process. You don't want to be mid-screen when he does this because he'll end up behind you even if he didn't cut the beam and will probably hit you as soon as you're vulnerable. Bang can also technically guardpoint his way through the entire beam and hit you regardless of whether you have your back to the corner or not, but the AI rarely does it. The same goes for Azrael's Growler Field.

There are plenty of good setups that don't involve Kokonoe. ENEMY AI DOWN and ANTI-DD is a pretty good universal setup for people that just want to use their main and see how far it takes them. SINKEN BATTLE works well for characters that are good at landing the first hit, especially those that have access to a relatively safe move or an attack with a lot of invincibility that they can use as a meaty. Experiment and see what works well for you.

With non-DLC owners who don't have Kokonoe... Ragna is your best friend. I'm refering to his poking and the fact that his DRIVE HEALS HIM! With AI down you can easily pick-up 10-30% of your missing HP and usually poke freely with little resistance. In conjunction with red blood sucker you can sustain yourself far better then the majority of the blazblue cast. Combo that with a distortion seal and you got a rather peaceful and relaxing run until your unlimited fights, which you should be starting with full HP.

Minor Localization switcheroo thingie:

Sinken Battle > Sudden Death
All Counter > Counter All
Poison Damage > Deadly Poison
Auto Heal > Regeneration
Life Regain Up > Victory Rush
Start Heat Up > Belligerent Fighter
Heat Recover > Burning Soul
Heat Keep > Burning Embers
Half C Trigger > Frequent Crusher
Half C Assault > Reduce C Assault
Half Astral heat > Reduce Astral
Max Overdrive > Maximum Overdrive
Enemy Powerdown > The Peacemaker
Enemy Def Down > Defense Reduction
Enemy Heat Down > Heat Reduction
Enemy Spd Down > Speed Reduction
Enemy AI Down > A.I. Reduction
Anti-DD > Destruction Drive
Anti-AH > Anti Astral
Gold Burst > Golden Burst
Invisible > Cloak of Shadows
Mr. Stoic > Donation Drive
Mr. Stoic 2 > Financial Drive

I don't recall the character specific ones at the moment...

Item Break > Item Crush
Item Reflector > Quick Hands
Mist Finer > Fatal Barrage
Burst Max > Haven't encountered this one yet...

Anyway, building a setup that is both character-specific AND Unlimited seems to be reliable.

Also seems like zoner-based characters (Nu-13, Mu-12, etc) benefit more from "Sudden Death", so once you get it it's a good way to level up your characters, just be sure to not use your Overdrive too much because you'll need Burst in case they go on the offensive.

I find that Haku-men with Burning Embers and Maximum Overdrive seems nigh unstoppable.

If I can ever get him to "Turn Unlimited" with Burning Embers, I don't think getting to the bottom will be a problem.

Lots of new items in Extend, here are those that I got so far:

THE GLAPPLER [Rare 1] - Increased throw damage (and yes that's how they spell it :)).

HARD GRIP [Rare 1] - Something about green throws but my testing haven't showed anything different.

THE BEAUTY [Rare 1] - Opposite gender opponents do less damage.

POWER OF MONEY [Rare 1] - Increase Attack and Defense based on the amount of reward you have collected.

THE UNTOUCHABLE [Rare 1] - Throw Reject time is increased.

CHICKEN HEART [Rare 1] - Half damage, double defense.

THE ENTERTAINER [Rare 1] - Winning rounds with DD, OD or AH will give significantly increased health regain (AH gives 75%)

HEAT DRIVE LV1 [Rare 1] - Activating OD gives 25 Heat

HEAT DRIVE LV2 [Rare 2] - Activating OD gives 50 Heat

HEAL BURST LV2 [Rare 2] - Bursting heals you around 20%

GIANT KILLING [Rare 2] -  When your HP falls below 30% your heat is set to 100% and your burst icon instantly recharges.

Gold aura has been changed to +25 to all.

Maybe I'm wrong about this (I never got SUPER into Abyss, and I'm stuck on a pad), but I feel like there's a lot more "fight waves of braindead easy opponents; last floor guy has a million defense, and psychic reversals you out of everything" this time around. Really not liking how often the CPU lets me wail on them until they're at low health, then activates OD to avoid the hit that would (start the combo that would) kill them and goes ham.

Lots of new items in Extend, here are those that I got so far:

THE GLAPPLER [Rare 1] - Increased throw damage (and yes that's how they spell it :)).

HARD GRIP [Rare 1] - Something about green throws but my testing haven't showed anything different.

THE BEAUTY [Rare 1] - Opposite gender opponents do less damage.

POWER OF MONEY [Rare 1] - Increase Attack and Defense based on the amount of reward you have collected.

THE UNTOUCHABLE [Rare 1] - Throw Reject time is increased.

CHICKEN HEART [Rare 1] - Half damage, double defense.

THE ENTERTAINER [Rare 1] - Winning rounds with DD, OD or AH will give significantly increased health regain (AH gives 75%)

HEAT DRIVE LV1 [Rare 1] - Activating OD gives 25 Heat

HEAT DRIVE LV2 [Rare 2] - Activating OD gives 50 Heat

HEAL BURST LV2 [Rare 2] - Bursting heals you around 20%

GIANT KILLING [Rare 2] -  When your HP falls below 30% your heat is set to 100% and your burst icon instantly recharges.

Gold aura has been changed to +25 to all.

GREASE - Increased window to escape opponent's throw.

Rainbow Aura - 50 all

Cloak of Shadows - Wearer is invisible

Any new items do update guys!

I've ripped the CPEX Abyss items list with their in-game descriptions. Where japanese and localized names differ, I left both versions.

Depth +10: Descend 10 levels from where you are.

Depth +30: Descend 30 levels from where you are.

Depth +50: Descend 50 levels from where you are.

All +1: Increases all stat levels by 1.

All +3: Increases all stat levels by 3.

All +5: Increases all stat levels by 5.

HP HALF/Potion: Regenerates half of the maximum HP.

HP MAX/Elixir: Regenerates HP completely.

Attack +1: Increases attack level by 1.

Attack +3: Increases attack level by 3.

Attack +6: Increases attack level by 6.

Attack +10: Increases attack level by 10.

Attack +15: Increases attack level by 15.

Defense +1: Increases defense level by 1.

Defense +3: Increases defense level by 3.

Defense +6: Increases defense level by 6.

Defense +10: Increases defense level by 10.

Defense +15: Increases defense level by 15.

Heat +1: Increases Heat generation level by 1.

Heat +3: Increases Heat generation level by 3.

Heat +6: Increases Heat generation level by 6.

Heat +10: Increases Heat generation level by 10.

Heat +15: Increases Heat generation level by 15.

Speed +1: Increases speed by 1.

Speed +3: Increases speed by 3.

Speed +6: Increases speed by 6.

Speed +10: Increases speed by 10.

Speed +15: Increases speed by 15.

Blood Sucker: [Rare 3] Upon landing an attack on an enemy, enemy hit points will be absorbed.

Armor Grinder: [Rare 1] Chip damage will be increased.

Lucky Puncher: [Rare 1] There is a small chance attacks will dish massive damage.

Lucky Puncher Ex: [Rare 3] There is a small chance attacks become unblockable.

Dead Or Alive: [Rare 4] Both Player and Opponent's attacks have a small chance to instantly knock out the opponent.

SINKEN BATTLE/Sudden Death: [Rare 4] Both Player and Opponent's attack power will increase, and attacks become unblockable.

Revenger: [Rare 3] When remaining HP is low, Player's damage output is multiplied by 2.

Berserker: [Rare 3] Dish out twice the damage at the expense of sloely losing HP.

Counter Puncher: [Rare 2] All "Counter Hits" will register as "Fatal Counters".

Counter All: [Rare 3] All attacks will register as "Counter Hits".

POISON ATTACK/Deadly Poison: [Rare 2] Landing an attack on an opponent will poison them.

AUTO HEAL/Regeneration: [Rare 1] HP will regenerate at a constant rate.

LIFE REGAIN UP/Victory Rush: [Rare 2] Amount of HP regenerated after each match will increase.

Flash Guard: [Rare 2] Amount of Heat generated from Instant Blocks are increased by a factor of 5.

START HEAT UP/Belligerent Fighter: [Rare 2] Upon entering battle, the Heat Gauge will be maxed out.

HEAT RECOVER/Burning Soul: [Rare 1] The Heat Gauge will regenerate at a constant rate.

HEAT KEEP/Burning Embers: [Rare 4] All abilities that use the Heat Gauge will consume 50% Heat.

HALF C TRIGGER/Frequent Crusher: [Rare 3] Crush Triggers consume 50% less Heat.

HALF C ASSAULT/CA Heat Reduc: [Rare 3] Counter Assaults consume 50% less Heat.

HALF ASTRAL HEAT/AH Heat Reduc: [Rare 3] Astral Heats consume 50% less Heat.

Human Fortress: [Rare 2] Immune to Guard Crushes.

Free Barrier: [Rare 2] No longer consumes the Barrier Gauge.

Burst Booster: [Rare 3] Increases the speed at which the Burst Gauge regenerates.

MAX OVER DRIVE/Maximum Overdrive: [Rare 4] Maximizes the duration of the Overdrive.

Maze Walker: [Rare 5] Traverse to deeper levels even quicker.

ENEMY POWERDOWN/The Peacemaker: [Rare 3] Opponent attack will decrease.

ENEMY DEF DOWN/Armor Penetration: [Rare 3] Opponent defense will decrease.

ENEMY HEAT DOWN/Heat Reduction: [Rare 3] Opponent will not generate Heat as quickly.

ENEMY SPD DOWN/Speed Reduction: [Rare 3] Opponent's movement speed will decrease.

ENEMY AI DOWN/AI Reduction: [Rare 3] Opponent's intelligence will decrease.

Anti Burst: [Rare 2] Seal the opponent's Overdrive and Bursts.

ANTI-DD/Destruction Drive: [Rare 2] Seal the opponent's Distortion Drive.

ANTI-AH/Anti Astral: [Rare 2] Seal the opponent's Astral Heat.

AUTO HEAT DOWN/Heat Drain: [Rare 2] Opponent's Heat Gauge will deplete automatically.

AIR JUMP +1/Aerial Jump +1: [Rare 1] Increase the number of Jumps that can be performed in mid-air.

AIR DASH +1/Aerial Dash +1: [Rare 1] Increase the number of Air-Dashes that can be performed.

GOLD BURST/Golden Burst: [Rare 2] When you land a Break Burst, the Heat Gauge will regenerate 100%.

Extend Burst: [Rare 3] Launches the opponent high into the air, and creates an opportunity to follow-up with attacks.

INVISIBLE/Cloak of Shadows: [Rare 3] Turns the wielder invisible.

Turn Unlimited: [Rare 5] Your character will receive the Unlimited buff. (This item cannot be obtained from the shop).

Red Aura: [Rare 1] Your character will constantly emit the Red aura.

Black Aura: [Rare 1] Your character will constantly emit the Black aura.

Silver Aura: [Rare 1] Your character will constantly emit the Silver aura.

Gold Aura: [Rare 1] Your character will constantly emit the Gold aura.

Rainbow Aura: [Rare 1] Your character will constantly emit the Rainbow aura.

Mr. STOIC/Enterpreneur: [Rare 5] All basic stats will return to their default values, but P$ earned will double.

Mr. STOIC2/Financial Drive: [Rare 5] Seal away Distortion Drives in exchange for receiving twice the P$.

THE PUNCHER/Heavy Puncher: [Rare 1] Increases damage of physical attacks.

THE SHOOTER/Sharp Shooter: [Rare 1] Increases damage of projectile attacks.

THE GLAPPLER/Grappler: [Rare 1] Increases damage of throws attacks.

Limit Break: [Rare 1] Increases your character's stats while Overdrive is active.

HARD GRIP/Tight Grip: [Rare 1] Seals opponents' green throws.

Slow Starter: [Rare 1] Increases you character's stats when the remaining time is low.

THE BEAUTY/Beautiful Charm: [Rare 1] Halves the damage taken from characters of opposite sex.

POWER OF MONEY/Money Talks: [Rare 1] Increases your characters' stats according to the rewards acquired.

HEROIC HEART/Heart of the Hero: [Rare 1] Increases your characters' stats as the depth increases.

THE HOTOKE/Adrenaline Rush: [Rare 1] After getting knocked down 3 times, your attack is increased, and Heat Gauge full.

THE UNTOUCHABLE/Grease: [Rare 1] Increases the window to escape opponents' throws.

CHICKEN HEART/Cautious Fighter: [Rare 1] Reduces damage output by 1/2, but doubles your defenses.

The Entertainer: [Rare 1] Finishing an opponent with DD, OD, and AH will increase the health regenerated.

Heat Drive Lv.1: [Rare 1] Replenishes a small amount of Heat when Overdrive is activated.

Heat Drive Lv.2: [Rare 2] Replenishes Heat when Overdrive is activated.

Heat Drive Lv.3: [Rare 3] Brings the Heat Gauge to 100% when Overdrive is activated.

HEAL BURST LV1/Burst Healing Lv.1: [Rare 1] Heals a certain amount of HP when Break Burst is activated.

HEAL BURST LV2/Burst Healing Lv.2: [Rare 2] Heals a certain amount of HP when Break Burst is activated.

HEAL BURST LV3/Burst Healing Lv.3: [Rare 3] Heals a certain amount of HP when Break Burst is activated.

GIANT KILLING/Second Wind: [Rare 2] When HP is reduced to below 30%, the Heat Gauge will be filled, and OD becomes usable.

THE IDATEN/Skywalker: [Rare 2] Damage taken while air-dashing is reduced to zero.

THE BEAST/Reckless Beast: [Rare 2] Doubles the damage taken and dealt.

Distortion Amplifier: [Rare 2] Increases the damage of Distortion Drives.

SHIELD BREAKER/Unstoppable Force: [Rare 2] Special Attacks and Distortion Drives will penetrate opponents' defenses.

UNDER CURSE/Binding Curse: [Rare 2] Half of the damage you take, your opponent will take, also.

ABSORB SHIELD/Absorption: [Rare 2] Blocking an opponent's projectile will heal you for 20% of the damage it would have done.

PROMISED TIME/Saved by the Bell: [Rare 3] Replenishes a certain amount of HP and Heat when 20 seconds are left on the clock.

THE FAKER/Un-Unlimited: [Rare 3] Gain Unlimited abilities, at the expense of a 2x reduction in fundamental stats.

TWIN DRIVE/Double Drive: [Rare 4] Once during a match, Overdrive will regenerate immediately.

Sacred Drive: [Rare 4] Gain invulnerability while Overdrive is active.

Glass Mirror: [Rare 5] Items and stats will mirror that of your opponent.

The Seiryu: [Rare 5] Doubles attack and the rate of dissension. (This item cannot be purchased).

The Suzaku: [Rare 5] Doubles the rate at which Heat increases, and the amount of health restored after battle doubles. (This item cannot be purchased).

The Byakko: [Rare 5] Doubles speed and the rate at which Overdrive recovers. (This item cannot be purchased).

The Genbu: [Rare 5] Doubles defense, and the rewards earned at the end of each battle. (This item cannot be purchased).

Red Blood Sucker: [Rare 5: Ragna Only] Enhances the amount of life absorbed from Soul Eater.

MAXIMUM BLIZZARD/Relentless Blizzard: [Rare 5: Jin Only] Increases the amount of time opponent's are frozen from Jin's Frostbite.

BOLVERK'S BULLET/Bolverk Unleashed: [Rare 5: Noel Only] Amplifies the damage from her projectiles.

SP THUNDERBOLT/Thundering Wrath: [Rare 5: Rachel Only] Electrical attacks are amplified significantly.

SHADOW MOVE/Shadow Step: [Rare 5: Taokaka Only] Increases the damage dealt by Taokaka's "Almost Becoming Two!".

POWER MAGNETIC FORCE/Power of Science: [Rare 5: Tager Only] Begin the match with a fill Magnetism Gauge and a Magnetized opponent.

Dragon Club: [Rare 5: Litchi Only] Amplifies Litchi's damage output while she carries the Mantenbo, and automatically generates heat when she doesn't have it.

CRIMSON PARTY/Curse of the Damned: [Rare 5: Arakune Only] Begin the match with the opponent cursed.

IKARUGA SPIKE/Nails of Ikaruga: [Rare 5: Bang Only] Rapidly regenerates the maximum number of usable nails.

ETERNAL NIRVANA/Nirvana Unleashed: [Rare 5: Carl Only] Amplifies Nirvana's damage output.

AUTO MAGATAMA/ESF: Perseverance: [Rare 5: Hakumen Only] Increases the rate at which magatama are generated.

HEAVY GRAVITY SEED/Gravitational Force: [Rare 5: Nu Only] Further restricts enemy movement with Gravity Seed.

Full Install: [Rare 5: Tsubaki Only] Begin the match with maximum Install Gauge.

Dark Ouroboros: [Rare 5: Hazama Only] Rapidly regenerates Ouroboros' charges.

ADVANCE STEINSGUNNER/Stein's Gunner EX: [Rare 5: Mu Only] Greatly increases the damage of projectiles.

Maximum Impact: [Rare 5: Makoto Only] Impact Level 3 and Level G will cause Guard Crushes on the opponent.

WOLF HOWL/Howl of the Lone Wolf: [Rare 5: Valkenhayn Only] Amplifies his damage when in Wolf Form.

SP MAGICAL SYMPHONY/Symphony Encore: [Rare 5: Platinum Only] Begin the match with enhanced items.

ETERNAL IGNIS/Ignis Unchained: [Rare 5: Relius Only] Amplifies Ignis' damage output.

AUTO IZAYOI/Tenacity of the Izayoi: [Rare 5: Izayoi Only] Begin the match with the Zero Gauge at maximum.

SUPER DRILLER/Power Drill: [Rare 5: Amane Only] Begin the match with the Spiral Gauge at Level 3.

HEAT UP PANTS/Hot Pants: [Rare 5: Bullet Only] Begin the match with Level 2 Heat-up.

S.P. .P.H.A.L.A.N.X. .C.A.N.N.O.N/Phalanx Cannon EX: [Rare 5: Azrael Only] Begin the match with 3 charges of Azrael's Phalanx Cannon.

Black Vortex: [Rare 5: Kagura Only] Massively increases the damage from Black Gale.

Mad Gadget: [Rare 5: Kokonoe Only] Increases the damage from any elemental (fire, lightning, frost) attacks.

Serpent's Fang: [Rare 5: Terumi Only] Distortion Drives executed after cancels will receive a massive power boost.

Innocent Healing: [Rare 5: Celica Only] All types of healing are amplified.

IDEA Engine Full Blast: [Rare 5: Lambda Only] Increases damage. The amount increased will vary depending on her opponent.

Armor 500: Nullifies any damage less than 500 points.

Armor 1000: Nullifies any damage less than 1000 points.

ARMOR AIR/Aerial Reinforcement: Nullifies damage while opponent is airborne.

HEAT MAX/Maximum Heat: The Heat Gauge becomes infinite.

BURST MAX/Maximum Burst: The Burst Gauge becomes infinite.

SUPER CPU/Super Computer: The Heat Gauge becomes infinite. Furthermore, while Overdrive is active, the Overdrive Gauge will not deplete.

ITEM REFLECTOR/Quick Hands: Apply the benefits of the opponents' items onto yourself.

ITEM BREAK/Item Crusher: Successfully landing an attack will cause one of the enemies' items to be destroyed upon finishing the match.

MIST FINER/Fatal Barrage: All special attacks will dish out fatal damage.

Reward +500: Add 500 to your current reward.

Reward +1000: Add 1000 to your current reward.

Reward +2000: Add 2000 to your current reward.

Reward +3000: Add 3000 to your current reward.

Reward +5000: Add 5000 to your current reward.

Reward +10000: Add 10000 to your current reward.

Thks for your generous help!

Unfortunately due to me recognising most of them NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PLAYER and cannot be bought in the shop which really sucks big time! If only these are available to the player....

The Seiryu: [Rare 5] Doubles attack and the rate of dissension. (This item cannot be purchased).
The Suzaku: [Rare 5] Doubles the rate at which Heat increases, and the amount of health restored after battle doubles. (This item cannot be purchased).
The Byakko: [Rare 5] Doubles speed and the rate at which Overdrive recovers. (This item cannot be purchased).
The Genbu: [Rare 5] Doubles defense, and the rewards earned at the end of each battle. (This item cannot be purchased).

​Turn Unlimited: [Rare 5] Your character will receive he Unlimited buff   (This item cannot be purchased).

Armor 500: Nullifies any damage less than 500 points.
Armor 1000: Nullifies any damage less than 1000 points.
ARMOR AIR/Aerial Reinforcement: Nullifies damage while opponent is airborne.
HEAT MAX/Maximum Heat: The Heat Gauge becomes infinite.
BURST MAX/Maximum Burst: The Burst Gauge becomes infinite.
SUPER CPU/Super Computer: The Heat Gauge becomes infinite. Furthermore, while Overdrive is active, the Overdrive Gauge will not deplete.
ITEM REFLECTOR/Quick Hands: Apply the benefits of the opponents' items onto yourself.
ITEM BREAK/Item Crusher: Successfully landing an attack will cause one of the enemies' items to be destroyed upon finishing the match.
MIST FINER/Fatal Barrage: All special attacks will dish out fatal damage.

Un-Unlimited reduces stats by half which is total BS.

If those were available to the player, it would be way too easy.

Any character with infinite meter would be broken beyond belief.

They still have access to Turn Unlimited while we don't....

Is Cloak of Shadows actually useful in CPEX? It was pretty useless in CP, it was hard to see my own character but the CPU knew where I was the whole time.