Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Jin

Is this Izayoi's worst matchup? I feel like it just might be. Jin has tons of defensive options and his pressure is still pretty solid even without neutral-on-block 5b. Plus he basically has every special Izayoi has but with invul.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Pros: We can bait DPs easily in gain art. Yay?

Phorizer can't be Yukikazed at close range to punish us, our invincibility lasts too long.

We can get out of his 6B with 5A so its actually useful for something. I think overdrive worked for me one time as well.

623C can beat jump cancelled stuff if they aren't blocking it in anticipation.

214D works well on his projectiles.

Meh: Our 5B is the same speed as his 5C...

Cons: His projectile zoning is better and he has more options with his versus ours. He dominates the air so try to stay grounded and knock him out the sky if he isn't blocking 623B or 623C. His 2C can murder us too, further enforcing the "stay grounded" mentality.

His 6B beats our low moves clean.

He can catch us on the ground with 2D so space ground normals carefully. This thing is +3 on block too, so he can dash 5B or 5C and we can't do much besides backdash or super. Gain art backdash into forward dash j.B would work well if you ended up blocking it mid-screen.

Whiffing anything against Jin is really bad. If he jumps over your 5B, he's in.

Once you get in the corner, better pray for a 623C/6A to hit something or you are dead without meter.

I got nothing for this matchup that's all that useful. These things are kinda barebones. His neutral is too dominant when played right.

He can catch us on the ground with 2D so space ground normals carefully. This thing is +3 on block too, so he can dash 5B or 5C and we can't do much besides backdash or super.

Our 6C gets body invulnerability at frame 4. You can use it to go through Jin's 5B and C to get a nasty surprise and go into 236B > Stuff. You'll hit him, but you probably won't get a fatal.

this match up makes me want to shoot myself.

We almost have to call his pressure out with 623C since we have no real AA or reversal with invuln that isn't our DD.

his neutral, as said, dominates ours.

5B will trade if he hit 5C.

How do you guys deal with mashy jins? No one is respecting her.

Yesterday I had some pretty hard matches against a Jin-player

This matchup is pretty much in Jins favour however there are ways to deal with some of his sh*t (seriously how often is that guy high tier?)

- Jin will either try to stay away and fish with ice-swords or will start his pressure with one of his normals or jump-ins

NORMAL MODE:

- Long range:

charge one of your specials (236C or 623B) and wait for him to make his move. If he is charging towards you, you can just release your move (if you feel it will hit, 236C for Jin running in, 623B for Jin jumping in) or stance cancel and use the appropiate special.

The worst that can happen is that your move will whiff, so make sure your move is going to hit with just the tip of your sword, so you have at least time to block. Most of the times Jin will get hit or blocks the special (Well, doesn't matter, got stars)

You can keep this up until you have a decent amount of stars or Jin has gotten in and is pressuring you now

From time to time it is ok to throw out a Sonic Saber but keep in mind that his ice sword will crush it and you won't get any stars

- Pressure time:

There are a few rules that you should keep in mind when facing Jins pressure game:

Do not try to jump out without a barrier (otherwise 2C and 6C will renovate your arse)

Everytime he jump-cancels one of his moves, react with a proper AA (Jin will get hit, you get 2 stars and you can continue with the Long range game mentioned above)

use 5A to beat his 6B (thanks to MetalSonic)

Whenever you feel he will not jump-cancel or do a 6B you can go for Counter Assault (if you have the meter)

GAIN ART MODE

Now that you are in gain art mode you have got 2 strong tools:

D teleport and D sonic saber

with D sonic saber you can apply pressure on jin and go for a mixup

with D teleport you can punish his ice swords and/or suprise him

Long Range game and pressure game is however still the same with one advantage: You can now combo with 623B and 236C

Gain art mode is when you should take the offensive whenever you have the chance, however look out for DPs and punish them

If you can't seem to get any stars use your OD and continue with gain art mode

I haven't yet tried 6C against jins normals but I will try to in the next few days

Are the 623x safe at certain distances? And is it safer to stay put or is it better to teleport out of there?

Are the 623x safe at certain distances? And is it safer to stay put or is it better to teleport out of there?

623B: if you hit the opponent in air and he is suprisingly blocking with barrier you could teleport if you feel that you gonna be at a disadvantage

in general you should always cancel 623B in teleport (normal mode: 214B so you can follow-up with another 623B; gain art: 214D --> air combo)

623C: should only be used if the opponent does a jump in at a high angle or you can use it to punish crossups (IAD crossups for sure)

afterwards you can just super-jump for a normal air combo or go for star meter and do 623B/C (depending on the angle)

sidenote: after 236B/C you can go for a teleport but don't use the A/B versions too often as they can be punished (especially the B version, getting behind the opponent is a cool thing but not if he expects you there)

This Long range game is only viable for Jin matchups and some other chars

Against Bullet for example you should not do that because she will just charge her Heat-Levels and that's the worst thing for Izayoi to happen (no more teleports, no more gain-art dashes)

random notes i noticed playing a long set of casuals vs a friend whos been a jin main forever

predictable 6b can be 623x'd

if you block a 6a and try to mash, 5a will whiff if his next move is crouching

there's os's to beat out sloppy 214d stuff

normal mode j.c is really strong air to air

a single regular ice dagger will cancel 236d entirely, if you try that for some reason

its hard for him to punish blocked crusade > 214c

our wake up super can be clashed by his d-dp, and the second hit will tag you from most ranges. if you see the clash you gotta do something about it.

if you try to tk air sonic sabre-a, he can just run it and destroy you for it. if you do it higher up, he can get his mix up on or tag you with 2d spacing dependent

if i think of other stuff, ill let you guys know. i preferred playing this patient in normal mode, but im not that great with gain art yet. normal mode long range tools are good in this matchup tho. dont be afraid to pick a crusade, hold it, and cancel based on what he does from time to time. especially 623b.