Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Hakumen

I was having some trouble with this matchup. Trying to get in or go against him usually meant his range beat mine on his swings. If it wasn't that, I was predictable and easily countered with his drive. Projectiles didn't help to get in either, as he can just break them and make the situation even worse. Can't just sit around and wait for him either because of his gauge constantly filling.

Any general tips on this one?

If most Hakumen want to approach you, they'll do it from the sky. Heavy use of 623B should beat everything he does in the air. 4C and Gurren/Kishu are the only things you should be worried about on the ground, but they are gimmicky/unsafe.

I don't know how well Hakumen can react to Sonic Sabre with sword normals, but if he starts using the counter to stop them you still get a star (and he gets a magatama, so it's an even??? trade).

Approaching him can be difficult, but I haven't really had that much XP with a good Hakumen yet sry.

I don't know how well Hakumen can react to Sonic Sabre with sword normals, but if he starts using the counter to stop them you still get a star (and he gets a magatama, so it's an even??? trade).

The only Hakumen I've played admitted it was only his third day with him, but it was enough to confirm he can react to Sonic Sabre with 5C. He still needs to time it, of course, but SS isn't exactly that fast, so don't expect to get a lot of stars at max distance.

Oh and don't try the standard 236A > 214D to get in while in GA mode. If he cuts Sonic Sabre the orb will hit you out of a teleport, and if he counters it you can still get grabbed out of the teleport (even though you are behind him..............BS).

On a positive note 236D oki should beat all of his wakeup counters and Yukikaze (if you jump the sword swipe). If you are too close though he may be able to grab you with one of them (I have to test it out).

Edit: Simply doing 236D and dashing in after strike fall will get you grabbed by 2D. However doing 44 > j.236D > airdash > j.B > j.C will avoid 2D's grab.

Hakumen doesn't have a meterless anti-overhead counter anymore so meaty safejump/dash j.C is a viable option for oki when he doesn't have enough stars. And when he does have meter you can bait out his super counter by doing empty jump dash j.C. If he wakeup super counters the j.C hits late enough to punish the super and if he reacts to the empty jump with low counter he just gets counterhit. I guess he could wakeup 6d for anti-yomi yomi but that's pretty risky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Can izayoi stance cancel a 5b fast enough to avoid the catch of Hakumen's 2D or 5D if the 5b triggers it?

Max range 5b: is it far enough away to cancel and dodge the catch?

Okay, thanks for checking.  I figured that would be a really neat bit of counterplay in the matchup but iza has more ways of baiting counters anyway.