Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Relius

Ok so i got some matches with another clover.

Pros:

- Can bait DD via GA mode as usual.

- Can lock him down once you can get in

Cons:

- Ignis has an easier time going full screen and locking you down. 214C had me blocking for a long time.

- Clover pressure sucks and can last a while. best be blocking or use Phorizer/CA

- Ignis also blocks most of the sabers and relius isn't in the air much unless he has ignis pressure going on already so 623B/C isn't that reliable and you aren't build stocks anytime soon.

That's all i got from the few matches i had with frostbite. I'll post more once i get more matches in.

I've played against Relius at tourneys a bunch now (I think a Relius player has knocked me out every single time actually) and my basic conclusion is that it's not a fun matchup.

- Ignis blocks Saber really easily. Of course it costs him some gauge to put her out front but he can take it straight into a rushdown if he's anywhere closer than fullscreen.

- He can space j.2D to beat 623B really easily so it's basically not even worth trying to hit it against him at neutral, unless he's just being really sloppy with spacing.

- Relius mixup can be nasty but it's not per se unblockable like Valk or 1.0 Kokonoe bullshit. You don't really have any real escape route out of it though so your only real option to is to try to block until he turns Ignis off then try to mash him during the deactivate or whenever he tries to do Gad Leis. If he just opts for 3C > jump in a lot your best bet is probably just Phorizer unless you're feeling confident about hitting 623C early.

- Relius can 2C your dash j.B overheads if you try them off anything that isn't like +15. I believe it's safe to go for a dash overhead off a falling j.C but not much else. If he is mashing 2C a lot you can Sonic Saber but that's pretty much a pure read, albeit a relatively safe one.

- His Duo Bios is a LOT easier to deal with than Carl's Rhapsody of Memories but it's still annoying. If his Ignis gauge is low when he does it though you can Phorizer to just kill Ignis outright and it's relatively safe even if he dodges, although you may want to cancel into D teleport.

It's worth mentioning that Ignis doesn't take "damage" the same way Nirvana does. Attacking her will desummon her and turn our bar blue indicating slowed recovery, but she will not take any additional loss to her Ignis health beyond the initial cost of the move she was using before-hand. Using Justice Phorizer is just as effective as using 5A or 236C to desummon her, so unless you absolutely need Phorizer's I-frames I'd suggest saving your meter. Ignis will take no damage in Duo Bios ether, and in this scenario she won't even get desummoned if she does get hit, or even if she dies (or even if Relius  gets hit or dies for that matter.) Using Phorizer here is just about as sure a way as there can be to get counter hit by Duo Bios.