Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Videos & Discussion

Disclaimer: This vid is horrible (which is why I didn't bother posting it to the main video thread), but I like it because you get to see Rena drop all his air combos like a noob :-D

Hagure (SL) vs. Rena (MI)

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ro/www/SocietyforCompetitiveFightingVideoGames/movies/Hagure%20%28Slayer%29%20vs.%20Rena%20%28Millia%29.AVI

I was always under the impression that Millia's 6HS had the same range in all XX versions... wow, the FB disc looks ever more fearsome. And I thought baiting people into dragon punches when using tandem top mix-ups was demoralising for them... LOL... Secret garden appears to travel at the same speed as the previous versions... Looked like the guy in the VS Sol vid did it by accident... And the Chipp player in the VS Chipp vid completely avoided it... It'll be interesting to see if the hit rate is any faster... j.S, ADC, j.K, j.S is a natural combo, yay... so far, the biggest problem seems to be the obvious fact that no one can really land Millia's combos... which was same problem in the first batch of Slash vids... :) (I'm sh!t at /Slash combos, thank God we're still running on #Reload here in New Zealand... LLOLLOLOLOO... :) )

No, if u do the throw combo with the perfect timing it cannot be teched. If you pay close attention to the Millia videos u will see that in one of them, i think it is the MI vs PO one, the MI player gets the timing perfect and the BEAT thingy never turns black, which means untechable rite there. Just gotta time it right.

No, he's asking if it's techable (meaning if you don't do anything after you throw with it will they be able to tech, or just land on the ground for a free knockdown?). However, the teching is a bit late allowing you to land an air combo after it? I think you just can't tech the throw again, like in #R. Right? would make a lot of sense since you can break throws, would be so unfair if you could actually tech it like in Slash. D:

No, he's asking if it's techable (meaning if you don't do anything after you throw with it will they be able to tech, or just land on the ground for a free knockdown?). However, the teching is a bit late allowing you to land an air combo after it?

I think you just can't tech the throw again, like in #R. Right?

would make a lot of sense since you can break throws, would be so unfair if you could actually tech it like in Slash. D:

Latest gamechariot vids, Kaqn does a Millia exhibition match. In it, he throws Chipp and misses the run up far S, and Chipp was able to tech before he hit the ground. In short: you HAVE to do the combo in order to get a knockdown off of a throw.

A couple of Millia videos in here:

http://www.geocities.jp/toramusi777/index.html

Click on the first link on the top right box of the page.

Note: When you download it, you might have to rename the files and add a .wmv extension to the end of the files to get them to play.

I dunno if anyone noticed, but the untechable time for Millia's Pin (well, the S version, at least) has been reverted back to her #R version. Dunno if this means the end of her Pin loops (no clue if HS Pin has the same nerfed untech time), but it definitely means you have to keep your enders tight so they won't escape (i.e. corner combo into ad.D xx Pin, land, 6HS xx whatever). Also, it seems that she has 2 FB Discs; the usual 3 hit one (like a FB version of her HS Disc), and there's a weird one where she does her S Disc, but crosses up the opponent really fast. The FB S DIsc hits only once though, and dunno if comboing afterwards is possible...

Yes, I noticed her S FB disc was different. It's hard to tell if you are able to combo afterwards...that's the first time I've seen it to my knowledge. TGS: Thanks for the good convo yesterday btw. I'll deff. try out your advice whenever I get back home to play Slash. :china: Teyah: Thank you for good convo as well! You're a cool guy!

Also, it seems that she has 2 FB Discs; the usual 3 hit one (like a FB version of her HS Disc), and there's a weird one where she does her S Disc, but crosses up the opponent really fast. The FB S DIsc hits only once though, and dunno if comboing afterwards is possible...

Perhaps the crossup disc could be the aerial version TKed?

Wasn't the one hit FB disc the one used in the Millia VS Potemkin vid where she FRC'd Iron Saber and went into an aeriel FB disc which allowed her to crossover? As the guy above stated.

Actually now that I go back and watch that MI vs PO vid, it does look like it. Hmm, so you can crossup on it? That's hott. :grin: I'd say you probably could combo off of it, but the timing is probably very strict.

It's easy. Run, pause for a millisec, execute move for momentum... Same applies to all special moves such as tandem top, TK badmoon and TK quickdrop. Most of the time, we see, running, pause, TK FB disc crossover.

Just watched the poeye vid. the 236S FRC is bloody fast... LMAO at the accidental Winger. 50% tension gone plus you're gonna get r@ped... :) edit: Millia VS Testament CH 236S caused an upwards wall bounce, LOL...

-lol at fb hs disc... that thing is pretty scrubby/abusable.... almost like a free "get the hell off me" move while on defense.. -holy shit at that 15 hit combo on jam with the two air fb discs... did that really cause a knockdown or the guy just didnt tech -running 5S, 2H after a throw is almost universal on all characters now... seems to work on venom and jam now but not on testament it seems -i'm not completely up to date.. so can someone tell me if they took out frc hs disc or not

They just changed the FRC to later in the move. I was afraid that this would change some of her mixups and definitely screw up her "2S, 236H, FRC, 2S" style block strings from Slash, but with her new FB disc, I'm not even sure it matters at all.

I'm actually glad they changed the FRC point on her HS disc....I always thought it was too early in earlier XX games. LOL at that 15 hit combo on Jam.....that was crazy. Maybe that will become standard or something? The Winger has an FRC point now...so hopefully that will stop the r@pe on a missed Winger, assuming you have the tension of course. Yes, her FB HS disc does look pretty crazy...but that's good to have, especially if you end up in the corner. I'd say it would make Millia even harder to lockdown in the corner now. Her airdash cancels are looking very nice...AC Millia is shaping up quite nicely from what I can tell. PLUS, Throw combos are back now! Nice improvements over Slash Millia IMO. :cool:

Damn, watching all of the vids I've seen just makes me want to scream. I hope console release isn't too far off....and hopefully still for PS2, but I'm pretty sure it will be. :yaaay:

Sign in to follow this