Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Tager vs Ragna: Bloodedge must be stopped

OD has enough invuln to ignore his ID on wakeup. This is a powerful tactic for finishing him off at the end of the round. Tager doesn't need any kind of HP % to make this tactic dangerous because you can just 360B/720C and kill him instantly anyway.

Ragnas with 50+ heat tend to get careless with ID cuz they're relying on RC'ing if you block it into further pressure. Especially when they're feeling desperate towards the end of a round and usually have Heat to spare due to taking a beating from you. This can counter that strat. Backdashing can work too obviously but I find that backdashing ID is a bit tricky cuz the last hit often nicks you.

How are we even supposed to approach this matchup in 1.1? We have pretty much no chance in neutral as far as I can see, can't do much more than block if he plays his pressure safe with jabs, etc.

This is sort of what gets my goat with Tager. There are characters that can literally turn into melee zoners against Tager since he has zero response to melee attacks with good reach. Ragna is one of those characters. A smart Ragna is damn near untouchable. Like yeah it's not impossible, but damn son. And now if we could ever backdash any of his air attacks, we sure can't now. He'll just land and punish the backdash. Backdash is only really good for baiting DP. Which is actually easier with the extra invuln frames, but eh. I could be wrong about that? I'd like to be.

Seriously, without a good midrange poke or grab or something with armor... what does Tager even do here?

Block. Let Ragna poke and walk him to the corner. Counterpoke when possible. 2A/2B's hitbox is surprisingly good for counterpoking 5B. 5C and 5D, like usual, are also good pokes.

You can theoretically punish Ragna with IB720 every time he throws out 5C, but in practice it's a bit more difficult. Look below, I made a list!!!!

I know IB 720 isn't the easiest punish in the world, but considering how you're walking forward/dancing back and forth a lot of the time, you get IB consistently anyways, so it's just about having the confidence to spin the stick afterwards. Same with IB'ing 6B/Gauntlet Hades, whenever I block an overhead I return the stick to neutral and then tap back as a basic habit so I get IB anyways. And if you fuck it up and gt 5C/2C? You're Tager, you have mad health and you can afford to make some mistakes.

Don't s.J in in this matchup, no real point.

Backdashing ID is usually a bad idea and unnecessary risk because they can adjust the timing of their DP. If you can make it work, great, but I prefer OD baiting it or just blocking. Let them spend the 50 meter, it's 50 meter they ain't getting back.

This matchup is a nightmare online, but when you play offline Ragna's it's fair.

5B uncanceled can be punished with IB 720

5C can be punished with IB 720

5C uncanceled can be punished with raw 720

2C uncanceled can be punished with raw 720

2D can be punished with IB 720 

2D can be punished with raw 720 

6B can be punished with IB 720

Blood Scythe (grounded) can be punished with 2C on reaction (before hit)

Blood Scythe (air) can be punished with 360B/720C. Or 5B.

Hell's Fang can be punished with IB 720

Hell's Fang can be "punished" with 5A (not a real punish, but free pressure, except Inferno Divider)

Hell's Fang can be punished with a preemptive backdash (early, too late and they recover)

Gauntlet Hades (1 hit) can be punished with raw 360B/720C

Gauntlet Hades (2 hit) can be punished with like, anything

"Blood Scythe (grounded) can be punished with 2C on reaction (before hit)"

Are you sure about that one? Most Ragnas I've played will throw it out after getting some spacing off their pressure, so unless it's just really wonky I can't see 2C catching it in most cases.

2C catches it ridiculously free. There's like.... Maybe a 15 frame window.

Atomic Collider works too, and arguably works better at the very max range.

Edit: Just to check I went into training mode. You can actually get hit by 5C, Ragna can cancel the hit 5C into Blood Scythe, and you can still punish with 2C. You shouldn't really allow Ragna to throw out Bloodscythes in this MU.

Edit #2: you can also backdash it for free. It's ridiculously bad in this matchup.