Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Tager vs Tsubaki: Why can't she just be bad

She can use a fullscreen projectile too now (same thing as her j236D projectile, except on the ground and horizontal). It's fairly slow (which can be annoying) but not very threatening and easily Sledged.

I fought badlime a bit with this MU last night and it doesn't seem altogether that different.

45 Spark Bolt is a threat to her ability to charge in midair, but she doesn't seem to need to do that much anymore anyway.

The new command throw isn't much of a threat to Tager; your command throws are far scarier.

After fighting a Tsubaki last night, I discovered her DP is not fun to deal with. You can't sledge the DP itself anymore and trying to do anything against the followup dive... well, I don't know if you can, besides maybe MTW. Any ideas there?

I'm starting to think we're better off just not using GF against her. I haven't felt like that against a character since before 5A was good.

If she's magnetized you can 360C her out of a whiffed 3C, it's pretty silly looking. You can even just 360C whiff (possibly AC whiff too) and she'll get pulled into the air in a state that's impossible for her to move, similar to Bang's 6C shenanigans.

I haven't done any thorough testing in Training mode, but this may mean we can IB the first hit then do something on the second hit.

If she's magnetized you can 360C her out of a whiffed 3C, it's pretty silly looking. You can even just 360C whiff (possibly AC whiff too) and she'll get pulled into the air in a state that's impossible for her to move, similar to Bang's 6C shenanigans.

I haven't done any thorough testing in Training mode, but this may mean we can IB the first hit then do something on the second hit.

Tsubaki's 3C takes her airborne? Is that the slide part or the 3CC extension?

Tsubaki's 3C takes her airborne? Is that the slide part or the 3CC extension?

I'm not sure, this happened on-the-fly, I'm pretty sure it's her 3CC part though (edit, looked at frame data, she's "in the air" F23-31). It's very similar to Bang's 6C. What happened was I jumped forward right when she tried to 3CC and I input 360C and she went flying up into the air in an unmovable state.

What I'm most interested in is potential stuff on 3C>IB>reverse 3CC. Looking at the frame data though I don't think anything would be possible except maybe 720.

I'm not sure, this happened on-the-fly, I'm pretty sure it's her 3CC part though (edit, looked at frame data, she's "in the air" F23-31). It's very similar to Bang's 6C. What happened was I jumped forward right when she tried to 3CC and I input 360C and she went flying up into the air in an unmovable state.

What I'm most interested in is potential stuff on 3C>IB>reverse 3CC. Looking at the frame data though I don't think anything would be possible except maybe 720.

I wouldn't waste too much time on this; There's virtually no reason for Tsubaki to EVER do a raw 3C in this matchup. Like MAAAAYBE to try to hit you out of a Voltic Charge if you space it badly, but that's pretty much it. 3C is just not useful against Tager.

Apparently, she can cancel her charge into OD and turn you around, so even if you do a 360, she stays behind your back and punishes you. What's up with that and how do you punish it?

I wouldn't waste too much time on this; There's virtually no reason for Tsubaki to EVER do a raw 3C in this matchup. Like MAAAAYBE to try to hit you out of a Voltic Charge if you space it badly, but that's pretty much it. 3C is just not useful against Tager.

I was really just noting something that was possible, rather than practical. I suppose I should have made it plainer. I've only ever seen Tsubaki's use 3C for cross-up gimmicks on oki.

I was really just noting something that was possible, rather than practical. I suppose I should have made it plainer. I've only ever seen Tsubaki's use 3C for cross-up gimmicks on oki.

Yeah, which they won't do in CP because 3CC no longer autocorrects, so 3C oki is dead. =/

@SoWL - I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean by "turn you around"? o.o

@SoWL - I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean by "turn you around"? o.o

This is a bug that my friend had some trouble with: after Tsubaki performs her 236D dash, she can enter the Overdrive and stay before you, but the game thinks that she got behind your back, so you turn around. Apparently, he still won most of the matches with her, but I didn't know that at the time I wrote the post :v: