Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Tager vs Bullet: It's hot in here

Her pressure is nothing but when she blazed up she has a giant sun in the air.

Anyone have tips against Bullet?

Her pressure is too annoying when she is all fired up and can't keep her damn panties on. And her drive is great for just catching everything.

This has to be the hardest character I've been playing against here in Japan next to Izayoi.

Obligatory reverse thread link:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17964-Bullet-vs-Tager

Patience is key to winning against Bullet: her pressure might be strong while she's in Heat-Up, but it won't last forever, and most of her mix-ups can be eaten with 360A/backdash (other than raw Drives). As soon as you turn the tables on her, it's going to be very difficult for her to hit you back, since her defensive options are lacking. The neutral game is a little more tricky: Tager's pokes are longer, but Bullet can pass under some of them with 2B and 3C. Overall, it doesn't feel any more difficult than fighting Ragna or Jin, maybe even easier.

I don't think she can react to your backdash, which means that she simply expects it all the time. Something as simple as backdash into 360A might do the trick. Then again, this is mostly theorycrafting, since I have no match-up experience :v:

Whenever something catches your backdash you shouldn't think "What can I do after my backdash to make it safe?" Especially if the thing you do after has vulnerable start up. That just makes it easier to get you.

If you're getting constantly called out on your backdash then you need to stop backdashing so much. Tager's backdash lasts so long that if it gets caught it is often being targeted or you're backdashing something that will Always catch it.

In either case the advice is not to backdash more. You have to do something else (often block) and/or backdash smarter (change timing/frequency to make them work harder)

Edit: actually more on topic aren't bullets drives active for like 18 frames or something crazy like that? With a fair amount of start up too. Backdashing that would be really awkward most of the time. It definitely isn't my first instinct.

Edit: actually more on topic aren't bullets drives active for like 18 frames or something crazy like that? With a fair amount of start up too. Backdashing that would be really awkward most of the time. It definitely isn't my first instinct.

Yeah, not sure if that changes at all based on distance or anything, but basically you won't ever be backdashing it on wakeup. If she holds it til the "Lock-On" stage it's actually invuln too. She's + so long as she has Heat Up on too. +9 on the max level, +4 on the first level. She's only ever - if she does it without Heat Up (a really stupid thing for a Bullet to do).

The reality is you've just got block her stuff. It's annoying but you're pretty much required to just sit and block and wait til she runs out of Heat Up, then she becomes vulnerable.

That's pretty much how it goes, though it's not as bad as it sounds. Simply barrier-blocking her blockstring should make enough distance for her to whiff sooner or later, at which point she either presses D, spends Heat-Up and resets her pressure, or eats your punish because H0 Drive is negative on block and doesn't go that far. You can also keep in mind that Drive's start-up is vulnerable unless it's charged (the cross-hair on your sprite becomes red), so you can try disrespecting it. For some character-specific tech, Bullet's 5C is a projectile, so you can try Sledging through it, though I'm not sure if you can leave the blockstun in time (5B 5C is a tight blockstring).

Basically, since Bullet's mix-ups are relatively easy to react to, you just gotta be patient and watch out for the throws.

I'm really fucking awful at this matchup, but throwing out that 4A > 4B after GF OS's her DP. Doing things after her 5C seems to work well since it's -1 on normal block, usually my opportunity to s.J out or do some basic 5A jabbing.

That's pretty much how it goes, though it's not as bad as it sounds. Simply barrier-blocking her blockstring should make enough distance for her to whiff sooner or later, at which point she either presses D, spends Heat-Up and resets her pressure, or eats your punish because H0 Drive is negative on block and doesn't go that far. You can also keep in mind that Drive's start-up is vulnerable unless it's charged (the cross-hair on your sprite becomes red), so you can try disrespecting it. For some character-specific tech, Bullet's 5C is a projectile, so you can try Sledging through it, though I'm not sure if you can leave the blockstun in time (5B 5C is a tight blockstring).Basically, since Bullet's mix-ups are relatively easy to react to, you just gotta be patient and watch out for the throws.

Sledge will get blown up. Please do not do this. You don't want to eat a counter 5C