Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DerQ

[CP] Amane vs. Ragna

My Amane is still booty but here's my 2 cents from my experience so far against a local Ragna player.

This matchup isnt too bad but its still frustrating coz in gaps where other characeters can 2A/5A Amane's doesnt reach and we get CH so we have to backdash and give up momentum just to stay safe.

Very read dependent.

5B is amazing against Amane's stuff, he can sit between 5B and C normal's range and just toss that around like there's no tomorrow and there's not much we can do about it, faphop back to j.5C works but he can TK bloodscythe/hells fang/scissors and it'll CH you. Dont try to poke unless its 5D at its max/almost max range, his shit outranges our 5B/2B/3C by a large margin.

Ragna cants use Blooscythe vs Amane coz our 6A goes to 4k+ CH combo if he tries that which is nice, that move is mad annoying. Just watch out for the cross up one coz you'll need to do 6A the other way around. You'll see this mostly if Ragna's cornered coz if you let him get away with it you'll be the one cornered instead.

you can 236B dead spike on reaction and get a j.B to full combo.

Ragna can ID then RC to negate Hariken drills so keep that in mind. Not sure if this works on lvl2/3 drills but it negates the lvl1 for sure.

Idk if I was fuckin up or if its Ragna's hurtbox but for the go-to throw combo (throw 236B j.C(2) 6C(2) 2C(2) 236A j.B j.B j.236C) I couldnt get it to work unless the j.C is 1 hit only or he flips out.

you can 236B dead spike on reaction and get a j.B to full combo.

Do you mean if he throws it out as a poke or when he does it in his pressure?

Idk if I was fuckin up or if its Ragna's hurtbox but for the go-to throw combo (throw 236B j.C(2) 6C(2) 2C(2) 236A j.B j.B j.236C) I couldnt get it to work unless the j.C is 1 hit only or he flips out.

Where is he teching out for you? If you j5C too early, he'll tech before the j2C. After the j2C, you need to use j236B, not j236A, because the 3rd hit of the first j5B will whiff after j236A.

Do you mean if he throws it out as a poke or when he does it in his pressure?

was talking mainly as a poke, in pressure if you're out of blockstun it'll probably work but yeah it'll depend on the move he does before.

Where is he teching out for you? If you j5C too early, he'll tech before the j2C. After the j2C, you need to use j236B, not j236A, because the 3rd hit of the first j5B will whiff after j236A.

its teching at the 2nd j.B, first j.B connect and he flips before the second one hits unless I only hit only 1 hit of the j.5C. Had to use j236A coz j236B put me too high >.>

its teching at the 2nd j.B, first j.B connect and he flips before the second one hits unless I only hit only 1 hit of the j.5C. Had to use j236A coz j236B put me too high >.>

Huh, we must be doing something differently, then. j236B puts me at the perfect height.

Huh, we must be doing something differently, then. j236B puts me at the perfect height.

Yeah I'll mess around with it later today if I can, like I said it could be just me fuckin up lol.