Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi vs. Jin

I've noticed that Jin is a lot different in CP than he was in CSEX. That goes for Litchi as well. My friend who I play this game with the most mains Jin and I've been having a harder time going up against him now that CP is out. I need some tips on how to go in against him now. The change to Litchi's j.B is bad for me since that always use to be my in going up against him but now it doesn't really work as well. I've noticed that Jin has some new air moves and maybe some new anti air moves that counter this strategy. So I need to make a new battle plan for myself. I also feel like I'm being locked down more than I was in CSEX and I can't find the way to get out of it, so I'd like some advice there.

Also as a general thing with Jin, do I need to waggle the stick to break free of the ice, mash A, or does it just wear off?

Also as a general thing with Jin, do I need to waggle the stick to break free of the ice, mash A, or does it just wear off?

I believe its just Hold to tech or break out of ice now - not like back in CT (or like smash bros) where you have to mash all directions and buttons.

Nah, each of Jin's D moves have an alloted time in which you stay in freeze state for. So whether you mash/hold buttons or not, you'll come out of freeze when the time has expired. Taking 5D as an example. 5D puts you in freeze state for 26 frames. No amount of holding or mashing to tech will get you out any faster. You become mobile again once those 26 frames have past.

Even if you don't hold or press any buttons, you'll still unfreeze after those 26 frames.

ah now that is actually useful.

Seeing as jin is personally my worst match up, that info is actually beautiful. Kid we need to talk ! but later - thats enough BB for today (Y'know lol)