Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi vs. Amane

Had a good longer set with an Amane player last night. Here's a mental list of things I noticed.

If the Amane tries to poke you from air (or you don't think he's going to use the crouching one even), Itsuu is a good tool. If he jumps in with a distanced poke, you can Itsuu after the first hit for CH (be fast; or wait for the second hit and then do it). If he doesn't jump in, cancel Itsuu after the second and you're back to Neutral.

From the Amane player himself: If Amane gets you in ground drill, don't Barrier it. Barrier if the Amane drops the top-drill on you, cause that's what will really grind your barrier and life away (and you don't want to be out and/or in Danger when that happens). Also, IB those if possible. That's a lot of free, and needed, meter for this match up.

Be careful if you're like me and like to jump back, set staff, throw staff at the beginning of a match. Amane can easily CH that if they're ready and the opening gambit will be theirs and you'll be without a staff.

If the Amane likes to use the Chun-Li like headstomp move, just get used to IBing and then DPing it. I'm not 100% it's a punish, but he got caught by it every time I did it. Be careful of the direction and speed you're inputting the DP because Amane can cross up after. The game will auto-correct some timings, but try to see which way the Amane goes after. If you don't know, do it the direction you're facing after blocking the headstomp.

Amane does have some sort of glide tech where he can air dash forward and do a move which will pull you towards him. This can work similarly to Litchi's corner vacuum tech where Amane gets in areas you don't expect him to. I doubt many Amanes will be using this (yet) but keep it in mind if you see it.

You can break up Amane's name into "A man e" or "A man, eh?", making him Canadian. :v: This terrible joke will catch Amanes off-guard once, so use the mix up right when you need it.

If the Amane likes to use long range pokes for oki, you can do All Green on wake up and CH punish him. Also, random call outs at Amane's preferred range is not a bad tool at all if you don't mind using the meter (I personally don't, forces a lot of respect when you have 50 meter).

If you have any sort of air resets, you may need to change them specifically for Amane. He naturally floats longer/higher in air, making some resets not work.

From the Amane player: If Amane does the Drill Shockwave super with a level 3 drill, it's LESS damage to GET HIT by it. So valuate your remaining barrier and life appropriately. He will overheat after, so remember that.

Throwing out 3C as a poke seems like a pretty poor idea. His similar range poke is faster it felt like.

Use 6B to catch his retreats after his strings. Should catch his jump backs free and is air unblockable.

If Amane has anything less than 50 meter, go pretty ham on him. His best "DP" is his Bionic Drill, and even then it doesn't do much damage (around 950 at Level 1, and 2.6k Level 3)

That said, be careful about jumping in on Amane. He has a AA 6A second only to Kokonoe's.

Look to fit yourself between Amane and his hit box on long range pokes. If he misses, he's terribly screwed. I.E. if the Amane I was playing made a bad call on his low far poke because I neutral jumped, I could airdash in, can get a 5B starter, free.

you know, I also play amane, and what I like to do is get a blokstring instead of a hit confirm, anything>5d-drill[hold/random stop to catch opponent off guard and drill them again]

if I have a low lv.3 + 50 meter I'll go for blokstrings and 5d random-RC 5d-max-hold again

round start I would blok/escape to ideal distance and try to zone from ground if possible(5c[1/2hit]>5d[hold] though I'm not sure it's safe or not depending on the drill lv., maybe litchi can punish this)

amane's C pokes has a 3/4 of max screen range so u might wanna go more than 3/4 and spam some staff launch on amane to disrupt his air movement

but actually I never fought amane with litchi so I'm not so sure about what to do. my share is mostly from my scrub amane perspective(cheap chip victory :v )