Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~Généràl~

Advance *IACFFDDCD* ...WTF!!

..hI..All... this it the thread for DCD talk...or Drill...Cancel...Dust...

so after days of vid watching and forum reading from both Jap and Amcn...I've come to the conclusion that this move is not talked about or has not been explored ..if it has been mentioned then i wasn't looking hard enough..DCD ..as it shall now be known started in X2 and was some how forgotten about..and also i felt there was no/not enough info ..about this move and its many tricks and thus this thread was born..

*Note* this may have another title...I.D.Care ..i like how mine's sounds..long name great results.. so here it is...

I-invisible

A-aerial

CF-crouching foward

D-drill

C-cancel

D-dust

input this move is (9)(3)Kick~dust...r..or do normal FDC and swap punch for dust..

If done correctly FA will run jump invisibly( no green flash) stop in mid air and come down with his dust attack.The dust attack will also come down in a downward back motion..since this move is done in the air -it becomes a very strong overhead much like a FDJkC and gattlings into bomb or 236H even 2p if done correctly to bait things like pot's wake up PB..Or even reversals if done early enough..

.. with this move having the same properties as FDC except for the FD part..it can be used in conjunction with FDC as a super low overhead,used in confusion with knockdown IAD multiple FDC DCD Oki.. good counter hits for major damage and it can also be Sj to hit in the same spot or slightly on their back side for cross-up potential..

THIS MOVE MUST BE DONE WHEN U HAVE NO BURST..IF YOU DO IT.. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BURST..

__________________________________________EDIT__________________________________

after playing around with this move that we can now call DCD for drill cancel dust...you can input it in all doward directions..i.e..(1),(2),(3)..thus i like using 3 to have the DCD done closest..

i also think it a couple frames faster than FDC if done in the (3) position on OKI...

or maby it's cause im on stick and its faster going to (3) instead of (1) while running.:psyduck: .

even tho DCD was originally in X2 ..now it has more features and more options this time around..some know of DCD ,some don't..so this should be a good place to post your comments questions strategies vids etc.....~CHILLS~

I've been wondering about those nice ass jump dusts jp fausts have been doing... I just ordered GGAC off amazon today, I can't wait to test this out.

That really doesn't come off as that powerful a tool, especially since you have to have used your burst before it, and the Drill Canceled j.k strings into j.2k > Groundstring. I don't know, but It really just sounds like a really gimmicky tactic.

That really doesn't come off as that powerful a tool, especially since you have to have used your burst before it, and the Drill Canceled j.k strings into j.2k > Groundstring.

I don't know, but It really just sounds like a really gimmicky tactic.

LOL in GGAC gimmicky tactics are a +plus+... and who would waste a perfectly good burst just to do it anyway...but guess what ..your gonna burst...and after that you might even have full tension and can proceed to rape!! this move is very powerful .if it even hits once. its gonna hurt like hell..i take it you have not tried it yet...its very addictive..

any vids that demonstrate this? cause im pretty sure i do this i just don't understand how you fdc without having a green flash

This is NerdJosh posting... It's just a kara j.2k into j.d, shit is nice I get what you're saying general. It isn't fausts best option but it sure adds alot to his arsenal good find general. On crouching characters I've been consistently landing close slash and 5p to combo after on non counter hit, on CH I believe you guys know what to do.

I've got no working PS2 right now, so I can't test this myself. But if it's really good, I might add it to the Encyclopedia.

it's basically covers the same premise as fdc jk, but depending on how you do it , it's faster and does more damage..it's a very good move that will surprise alot of people and adds to faust's wakeup make sure your burst is gone because you hit j.1k->HS just like you do for fdc with k->p or k->s this makes Faust jump and then break his fall with his jump dust and have very little recovery from the move... the closer you do it to the ground the better chance you have to combo from it example: dcd 5P/5S, 2D, 2S, jK - jD