Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi vs. Izayoi

Something that seemed to work well is  , when Izayoi is throwing out a grounded sonic saber.

If you lay the staff down in 2D mode > and then jump over a sonic saber  > instantly hold j.d (so you're not too high but not too low that J.B won't come out) > let go of D >  the staff will go and  either hit the izayoi or make them block.

Since you're in the air from releasing D> you can dash in , or if the izayoi teleports behind you > you'll dash away from their attempt to get in /OR/ you can fall down with J.B instead of air dashing in order to catch their teleport with a J.B.

Been a while since I last posted about this MU but I know 2 Serious Izayoi Mainers who are breaking that characters limits very well. (Shout Outs to BlueBlazer and Hiari)

In terms of the MU. I'll say its a 6-4 in litchi's favor -  I find it hard to say it any better for litchi because as bad as everyone makes Izayoi to be, we've seen exactly what she can do because of SKD so lets look at this with a level head. none of this "her frame data is bad , she has bad options" ....cut the crap. She can do good damage and do a nice zoning game to collect stock and also do a lot of damage and throw baits and I-NO like mix ups.  So lets look at this ....

Like my first post shows, one of Izayoi's options revolves around teleporting (ONE OF THEM).

Depending on how the IZ uses teleport can change the whole game.  If something gets baited or timed well, she can get in without a problem. out side of her safe options teleport is very punishable with a simple j.B BUT can also be beaten by izayoi's Aegis Blade which has Head Invul -

Her 623C - http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:BBCP_Izayoi_AegisBlade.png

But the izayoi won't be doing it ever time she teleports , may opt for a grab - it all depends on how well the j.B is timed and if they caught you slipping.

Now in terms of neutral, the staff can be thrown out from a 5D set to cut off her hover dash routes but at the same time "teleports" once again. Luckily a teleport can be beaten by a 2A because we're blessed with one of them weird 2A's.

Out side of her teleports > follow ups actions and her  Sonic saber > follow up actions ... She is quite a straight forward character quite honest. She hasn't got that XRD I-NO pressure but if you get caught blocking and she goes in - be prepared to block high low or even get grabbed.. There's nothing that you really need to fear since you can use the staff to stop sabers/most of her options and cut her off really well. Her air to air is good so its an even fight in a way - Minus our j.B has longer range.

One thing I personally like to do sometimes is put the staff down 2D set > and use 41236D which will spin the staff and cause the IZ to be caught IF they attempt to teleport to you.  There's a lot to think about in this match up so having the staff set down is helpful at times but don't go 100% staffless - you can get caught slipping.

OVERALL:  Litchi has everything she needs to lock down Izayoi - the only time she really can get a free pass is if she supers and you block it resulting in either he teleporting in for mix up or reseting the match back to neutral game.

The Match up is in litchi's favor because she can control the pace of the match with the staff if the Izayoi can find a way through your sets and staff launches ~ you will suffer unless you are comfortable blocking her mix up (when she's in the hover mode).

Noticed that izayoi's usually burst if they are sick and tired of being unable to get stock or sick of holding 5 or more stocks and being unable to use them.  Litchi can force bursts out of Izayoi's this way. Izayoi's game gets better the more stocks she has ofcourse (like tsubaki), so they want to use it.  Its more of a player specific assumption on my end but from the 2 really good IZ's I play - even they don't want to die with full stock / or lose from a round beginner because they got locked down in the first 10-15 seconds of the match.

NOTE: things to keep in mind. 

Becareful using 6B 2B pokes alone because her 6A having guard point snuffs em.

Her 6C is useful for locking you in blockstrings if you attempt to Jump.

Becareful using itsuu's at bad times. a teleport>Grab can beat ones that are left hanging or used at incorrect distances.

Safe Jump setups help are advised vs her wake up super but since its plus on block...you could try to avoid tbh you have to play around with this. As long as I'm safe I'm happy lol 
(Be aware that her super is teleport cancelable....so don't think you're safe until you SEE she ain't doing anything)