Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Mu: Lasers, Lasers Everywhere

Such an irritating match up that makes me in the air most of times....

I'd say Yukikaze is the key of this battle whenever  Mu placed so much turrets that lazor can passes through, other than that i really couldn't manage to find proper strategy to dominate her.

The match up is sort similar to Nu, so the moment you corner her you better unleash maximum damage that you got on your combos.

I've been spending the last two weeks getting to know the various match-ups in the game and this has definitely been giving me the most trouble, short of Kokonoe. Does anyone have any general tips or quality match videos of Haku VS Mu to learn tricks from? I just get completely zoned out.

Such an irritating match up that makes me in the air most of times....

I'd say Yukikaze is the key of this battle whenever  Mu placed so much turrets that lazor can passes through, other than that i really couldn't manage to find proper strategy to dominate her.

The match up is sort similar to Nu, so the moment you corner her you better unleash maximum damage that you got on your combos.

I've never had Yukikaze help me that way. Her projectiles don't require enough commitment to punish her for shooting them with Yuki. The only way to actually do a proper Yuki is either when she's trying to melee pressure you, or when she does 5C > 6C, if you catch the first 5C with a 5D, you can combo into 2D to avoid 6C too or into Yuki to punish. Obviously, if you're not offline or on a pristine connection, this is suicide.

I think my biggest problem is the speed of her projectiles and the passive shooting. You don't really punish her for cutting off a projectile like you do with Nu or Rachel. It's pretty insane.

Lasers are indeed no fun; I've been in this matchup a few times and when she spams lasers like that, you either sit tight and wait for her to come to you or you can try to punish with an IAD jump in(J.C, J.B, J.2A). 

When she gets closer, you gotta be wary of her 5C.

She's kind of like Nu  in a way, except with better spacing potential.

Most of the Mus I've played have absolutely no qualms chipping away at me at a distance and never coming close, so I guess I better practice IADing in.

Oh yeah, they're shameless at times. If you can, cut one of the lasers near the ground to set up your own fortress of solitude. Eventually she'll get bored and you can air dash in.

Against a good Mu that's intent on playing the matchup to the hilt, IADing will just give her a free AA, and hanging around in the bubble won't save you either. She'll just stay back and keep lasering, and eventually you'll have to get out there anyway or lose to timeout.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do once they set up the laser fortress. The best bet is to stop them from ever getting into that position.

Then the only other solution I can think of would be leapfrog between our projectile barriers. But there's so many lasers to keep track of, it's hard to know where the next one will come from.

Are you trying tell me that intentionally avoiding the match up outright isn't a viable solution?

Are you trying tell me that intentionally avoiding the match up outright isn't a viable solution?

Considering I got floored by a French Mu player on a tourney I'm going again to this year, I don't really want to leave this to the fates if I can help it. Although so far it seems like I can't help it.

Haven't played that match up that much in CP but afair you have to stay in 4C/jC range. That way you can prevent her typical gameplan. Kishuu is a good tool to get close when she's setting her Steins. E.g. she jumps to set Stein>Kishuu>5C>screw her.

If you're too far away from her you have to approach with patience. Normal jump, double jump (don't forget to barrier), hops, sometimes jump with j2A, etc. Even iad at the right time is okay but should be used with extreme caution.

IMO is being too careful and patient dangerous. Like in the Rachel match up it's hard to get close to her once she's changed the screen into a minefield.

Whenever you can deal damage, hit her as hard as possible.

For some reason, there are a surprising amount of Mu's on netplay; and ya know, I've been playing against Nemesis since EX. 

There are some things you just can't avoid D: