Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Noel: Girl of the Azure

Matchup seems to be the same as ever: you try keeping her at bay with your pokes while she tries to find a way in with her superior movement.

Where Noel is really irritating is in finding a way through Haku's blind spots or evading his stuff. Say you do low j.C, she can dash under. Or you do dash -> Agito, she can 5D that. That kind of stuff. Her superior movement can be tough to keep up with, so what you need to do is keep her at bay with some smart poking while not getting baited or blind spotted.

Now, you want to keep her between 5c and 4c length. Should she manage to get within this space, aside from counters I would only make use of 2a or 2b since her pokes are too fast and 5b too short to be of much use. 3c is otherwise gdlk against her ground game. If you get CH, it can be big, precious dmg so work it.

Ground-to-air isn't too bad. You have 6a, Hotaru, 2c, and counters, which is plenty to deal with her drives, but you must make it muscle memory to punish her 4D and 2D on reaction. This isn't her best approach, so outside of these drives, I wouldn't worry too much.

Air-to-ground sucks, honestly. She has 6a, airthrow, j.236c?, etc. Your one salvation is a high Agito, but I find her movement is too good for Agito to be much use aside from punishing 6a. And speaking of 6a, avoid using high-commitment moves such as j.2c or you'll get wrecked.

Air-to-air is cool. You have (gdlk) j.C to keep her pinned and Hotaru in case she gets too close. Sneaking in an airthrow -> OD works, too. Haku advantage here imo since your pokes have more range.

About drives, there are a ton of gaps you can punish for free. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

- Get good at hitting her out of overhead kick. I don't yet know what's the optimal punish, but you should be able to get some free dmg.

- Low kick-slide-thingy -> 2D

- Short gun boomerang thing -> 5D its startup. Maybe 3c CH recovery?

- 2D her 4D

- AA her 2D. Several punishes come to mind, so it's down to spacing. If you block it, I THINK you can 2D the followup.

Note that I may have some of these mixed up as I don't know what her drives are, haha.

... And that's what I have right now off the top of my head. I feel this matchup is very much tug-of-war, so whoever manages to either better space (Haku) or outmaneuver (Noel) the other has it made.

For the above reason, I find it tough to assign a rating to this matchup as it's very player-dependent. So I guess 5-5 would be good for a start.

I find Agito very iffy for Air-to-ground situations because 4D either clashes, or is outright beaten by it. If you use it, you'll probably better off using it after she's in startup.

I've been playing against my friend's Noel for quite a while now and it mostly feels in our favor, but I wanna play more Noels to know for sure. Its kind of annoying how she can just 2A out of a blockstring.

If you get knockdown, don't get too used to using 6B on her wakeup because she can 5B us out of startup.

You can IB punish Bloom Trigger for a CH 3C

You can 3C her 4D before it even comes out

Ya know, I think I've played this matchup enough to actually do a writeup for it soon.

I mean, as you said, and it's likely not news, but yeah her 4D is NOT lower body invulnerable. So yeah, if you can call it, 3C that shit.

The thing that makes 4D dangerous is using it as a backdash to punish things. If she just throws it out there then you can body her, but usually she'll do it when she wants to whiff through one of your moves that you threw out already.

Now if you could whiff a move during her 4D and STILL punish it would be a different story.

ALSO WHERE DAT WRITEUP AT

The thing that makes 4D dangerous is using it as a backdash to punish things. If she just throws it out there then you can body her, but usually she'll do it when she wants to whiff through one of your moves that you threw out already.

Now if you could whiff a move during her 4D and STILL punish it would be a different story.

ALSO WHERE DAT WRITEUP AT

Well I do nothing but casual netplay (I stay the fuck away from the lobbies), and most Noels I fight use it in place of a DP. That's where I'm coming from I guess.

Would it stuff a cross up attempt? Like IAD > j.B?

Depends on how low J.B is to the ground, at worst it seems like it'll trade. You still might get FC though.

(Shoutouts to a certain Noel player for totally helping with that write up)

Right, gotta give that credit. Shout Outs to Luna for the help with the write up, seriously a lot of info was crucial

No problem, I'm always willing to help people with the matchup, it's just nice when someone's willing to listen to my advice lol

So funny thing; Yukikaze triggers her Astral. So think twice about using it when she's throwing out those Optic Barrels from full screen when she has full meter.

That actually sounds like it'd be pretty badass to see.

I have it recorded, I'll have to take it to my friend's house to upload tho, the poverty life prevents me from having a capture card.

I can record it for you in a replay room if you want.

Naw, it's one match out of an entire session I want to upload, when I do upload it tho, feel free to gif it if you want.