Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[CP] Mu vs Bang

Discuss the matchup here. This post will get updated with relevant information eventually.

I get.destroyed by bang. Hes so damn hard to catch and his drive moves kill my attempts to outrange,him with 5C. Any advice on how to approach this matchup?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

If he's just using a lot of drives against you at neutral, play safer and don't try to challenge him as much. They have long startup and recovery, so if you don't do anything they'll just hang themselves. If they're relying on 5d or 2d, they won't guard point low moves, so you can beat them with 2b or 3c.

The nails are usually another issue in this matchup, as they make it really hard to anti-air Bang. You usually want to play around them, try to get him to waste them.

In general I try to challenge bang air-to air when I have the correct spacing for a j.c, besides that, SLOWLY place steins, one at a time, be ready to cancel into anything. j.2c and 2b are also decent pokes in the matchup, but mostly try to run away and not get in on him. Jump a lot.

With this in mind, watch how Keba deals with the matchup : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCvV5Cw8Qg&feature=youtu.be&t=8m59s notice how he doesn't use 5c at neutral.