Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[CP] Mu vs Izayoi

Discuss the matchup here. This post will get updated with relevant information eventually.

It doesn't really seem like you can play too lame in this matchup. I went against a few today, trying to figure it out, and it seemed to me that if you try to lame her, she'll try to lame back until she can get 8 stacks (or whatever they're called). If you come in from the air, she can throw out her 623A, so it seems to me that the matchup is just trying to keep mid-range from her--like Ky--and punish her when she whiffs a normal or something, and then rush her down (until she gets 50 meter, in which case, watch out for the wakeup super).

Thoughts? I'm not the best by any means, but I think it'll help get the ball rolling.

It doesn't really seem like you can play too lame in this matchup. I went against a few today, trying to figure it out, and it seemed to me that if you try to lame her, she'll try to lame back until she can get 8 stacks (or whatever they're called). If you come in from the air, she can throw out her 623A, so it seems to me that the matchup is just trying to keep mid-range from her--like Ky--and punish her when she whiffs a normal or something, and then rush her down (until she gets 50 meter, in which case, watch out for the wakeup super).

Thoughts? I'm not the best by any means, but I think it'll help get the ball rolling.

The way i am playing this matchup is not to let her get those stocks easily. She can only get it if you get hit or block her specials and Mu can easily avoid any sonic sabers , Aegis blades and Crusade Seraphim's. Also Mu can outzone Izayoi without any trouble, unless she has 2 stocks to use her D teleport but you can anticipate it since it always teleports behind you

If Izayoi "gets" you with her Justice Phorizer while you are setting steins, use your dp on reaction to that. It will always clash and if she does any teleport, you can punish her since you can use the clash in your advantage to throw out a normal or special to hit her out of it

This matchup feels even-ish from what I've played so far. Maybe somewhat in Mu's favor due to better neutral and Izayoi's poor anti-air and defensive options, but she can run a train on you if she gets her game started. I agree that you shouldn't play too lame and avoid letting her get stocks for free - try not to block her Sonic Sabres as she gets a stock if you block them; evade or Habaya through them instead. Dealing with multiple D Sonic Sabre into mixup city can be pretty terrifying. Be careful with your zoning though as she can easily teleport through Habaya and Totsuka to CH you due to their increased recovery. On the reverse, if they aren't actually reacting with teleports to punish zoning, you can CH them with 2B or even 3C for juicy damage. If she's in Gain Art mode try not to let her run into your face for free. Look out for them trying to cover their approach with a D Sonic Sabre.

For her JUSTICE reversal super, it is somewhat safe if you don't block it from up close as it is only -20, and she can cancel into D teleport on hit, block, or whiff. Rather than deal with any of that, try to DP through it during the super flash, you can clash and mash DP to CH her like against Tager's Magnatech Wheel.

EDIT: ninja'd

I guess what I have to work on is breaking my habit of jumping in, and focus more on zoning into pressure. Maybe watch other Mus play and learn their zoning techniques. I have a habit of forgetting about 236A. ._.

Thanks for the tips, everyone!