Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Haku VS Tao: Why

Forget that you even have a 3C in this match up.

To elaborate a little, Tao is going to spend the majority of her time in the air zipping around you driving you nuts. This makes things like 5/6A very useful tools.

When under pressure, don't try to mash at all, you'll lose. Instead, a well timed 2D or 5D will help out a lot, especially since many Tao players tend to be very aggressive. A couple of these will help to condition the Tao player to give you some space to jump out instead.

The name of the game is very similar to Valk or Noel, you're going to want to get that first knockdown or confirm, and pile on the pressure as much as you can from there on. Shutting down rolls and upbacks are going to be key.

I can't really be too specific or technical, because most of my matches against Tao have been won from mostly mashing j.B > 5C and praying I get lucky with a hit while she's in the air near me.

At least some consolation is that she goes down fast once you do catch her because of her incredibly low health.

I suggest using Hotaru and j.C as some of the main tools against Taokaka. Hotaru is a rather terrible thing on wakeup, but still great otherwise. J.C is nice because of its' terrific range.

Her mix-up is a bit better against Hakumen because of his large hurtbox, making fuzzy guard set-ups with her dangerous. However, outside of that, it's not too great. 5A/5D her 6B (her main standing overhead) when you see it and down-back for the most part when blocking ground strings. Don't let her try to reset pressure with jump cancels into falling j.B/j.C; use 6A or Hotaru if you see a player go for that constantly.

Air-to-air is tricky against her. Even though j.C is good, using it too close will get you CH'd into a corner carry combo (and trust me, you'll end up there). Keep close attention to spacing all of your moves in the air. They all have their uses, but a mistimed attack with get beat soundly by j.C/Drive/Air Throw.

If you score a hit and get her in the corner, she's got no solid tool to get out without meter. Keeping her there is in your best interest.

I'll update more on this later.

I think staying in the air is your only viable option in this matchup. If you stay grounded, you'll have to contend with her mixup and air-to-ground shenanigans.