Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Amane: The Drill that Pierces the Heavens

Amane's "mix up" isn't very hard to block, but he is able to control a good amount of space with his moves. Be wary of his very long low attack, as it can hit from almost full screen, and he will be able to follow up on it. Can generate voids of his drills, but there seems to be a specific time while they're considered projectiles and when they're not. Kishuu seems to be an effective tool to use to get closer while he's in the air trying to slap you away.

He has a very short range anti-air as well, but it comes out pretty quickly.

Got 70+ match versus Amane today going to share Amane gap on his footsie & pressure games, please correct me if i'm wrong

1. Blocked 2c > free Kishu into anything, enma if he 5d(can be done on reaction), usually the guy i'm going against will just cancel 2c with fab hop for spacing again

2. Amane 6a > Agito ... all my attempt to AAA his 6a end up on ch combos :gonk: ... i think mixing iad j.k & j.d is good way to intimidate him to aa Hakumen

3. Don't try to J.d his ground Drill :vbang:

4. when cornered, 6a beat any fab hop reset

5. U want to stay at Kishu range or farther away than his 5c Range

6. Drill pressure usually end up on frame advantage for Amane. Don't mash out no matter how godlike Hakumen 5a is, but i think if u IB his 5b, u can mash out 5a to interupt Amane 5d

7. Amane doesn't care to break your guard, when u get cornered, don't try to do Backgrab of death at him. :v:

I think that's all for now

When Amane is at lvl 3 drill, he's scary as fk. My question is can he gatling into his drill so that he can force you to block a move, then DRILLL LEVEL 3, and have it be gapless? I was trying to counter/yukikaze the drill when I knew it was coming but I couldn't quite get it to come out as the blockstun ended and as he was following up with Drill. Ho many and which moves can he start this with?

Welp, have tried to 2d his drill many times after his 2c gattling... iirc 100% failure attempt or my button is broken :vbang:, Kishu>enma punish is a lot easier to do than d counter in my experience, common moves that can gattling to drill afaik 5b, 5c, 2c & fabhop j.d reset.

5c, 2c can be Kishu>enma punish on reaction easily, and 5b>5d just sometimes i can slip 5a ch. on Paper there's 4f gap if u ib the 5b in between 5b>5d and my friend didn't sure either if he delay the drill gattling or not... so dunno if that's a valid way to prevent the drill touching you :v:

Welp, have tried to 2d his drill many times after his 2c gattling... iirc 100% failure attempt or my button is broken :vbang:, Kishu>enma punish is a lot easier to do than d counter in my experience, common moves that can gattling to drill afaik 5b, 5c, 2c & fabhop j.d reset.

5c, 2c can be Kishu>enma punish on reaction easily, and 5b>5d just sometimes i can slip 5a ch. on Paper there's 4f gap if u ib the 5b in between 5b>5d and my friend didn't sure either if he delay the drill gattling or not... so dunno if that's a valid way to prevent the drill touching you :v:

You can 2D the drill, it's just that Amane will almost always be outside of your grab range, so you either need to go back to blocking or continue to spam 2D once the invincibility from the first one ends.

So with the Amane buffs in 1.1 this has actually become a problem matchup for me.   Playing against Hellfire last night has made me realize that I have a huge problem getting zoned out, especially with Amane's full screen confirms and the fact that he actually has a risk-free way to get drill meter now.

Before the patch when his drill stance wasn't good, Haku could just sit full screen, build stars, and Yukikaze/wait for an opening while avoiding obvious drill setups.  

Now this is usually how matches go:

Not sure what move it is, but Amane's 5c or 6c(?) can hit Hakumen 3/4 of the screen away if he's crouching, standing, or jumping.  It's always forcing me to block and it keeps me pretty locked down when I'm trying to get in full screen.  If I try countering it/Yukikaze'ing it, he can just stand there and build full drill level in just a couple seconds, and then you're really in trouble.   So it's Hakumen's burden to approach.  How do I do this?

Hellfire insisted that it's a 50-50 MU after the patch and I scoffed, but after playing him I actually started to believe that it might not be in Hakumen's favor.

I've always believed it's 5-5 even in 1.0, because Haku can't do anything about him zoning. It's just like every other zoning character.

I will have to play the matchup more, maybe with Eshi. But generally with zoners you can use Kishuu to mess up their spacing.

The issue I find is that kishuu only works when using it from around mid range, because any farther and it seems that jC and 2C just blow it up for free. So getting in from my experience is a real pain.

yea, you can Kishuu a blocked 5C, J.C, or 2C midscreen for free, but anywhere else is a fucking pain.

This matchup seems like a bit of a pain due to Amane's mobility.