Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Carl: lol where's your mom, kid

Throw

Also, I never understood why some Haku's backdash at the start of a round. There really isn't anything to worry about lol (beginning)

So I got some experience with this matchup today. I'd have to play more to get an understanding, but I found it pretty effective to play it pretty passive and let him come to you. 

You can J.2C dat Volante if you see it coming.

More to come hopefully, I plan on getting more experience with this matchup,

4C and j.C are effective in this matchup. Zone Carl and hit Ada out of her attacks.

I'm gonna list a few things I've learned from fighting Carl.

If Carl does an IAD crossup j.2C, use 2D to counter it as it hits mid

The second hit of 4D can be countered with 2D gaining a free star

63214D Nirvana's grab is no longer a grab and is an actual attack however counters still don't work on it.

Carl has some setups where he can use 41236D to keep the opponent in block stun long enough to get a fully charged 6C.  Use 2D to get out of it if done on wakeup.  Also don't use yukikaze as Carl will be able to recover in time and dodge.

46D is airtight and you can't insert a counter in between the hits.  Be careful of its quick startup and range.

236236D (punch super) if done at neutral you can yukikaze and hit Carl before he recovers.  Alternatively you can go time normal counters to avoid mixups and gain lots of meter.

Carl's j.2C can't be cancelled on block anymore in CPEX, making all of our counter grabs whiff.  However you can punish it special cancelling counters.

https://youtu.be/zvGA9UIJ2Z4

This only works on cross up j.2C, you can get a guaranteed punish with Yukikaze and Shippu will work as well for the most part.