Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Platinum: 3 on 1 is a good handicap

6-4 Haku favour, imo.

While Plat is really annoying with all her items and zoning she can do with them, you outpoke and outdamage her overall. Hakumen simply controls more space than she does, and unlike Noel, she doesn't have the mobility to get into your blind spots.

Where she seems to shine is in random CH hits that carry to the corner, so watch out about mashing buttons. She can catch you with a random items and if you're trying to jab her, she'll win the exchange. Good defence and countering/cutting items is key to neutralizing this aspect.

Her corner pressure is strong as well. She can do mixups off hover into knockdown combo into more mixups. It's not as strong as Rachel, but still a threat. Block and barrier appropriately, then superjump out at the first opportunity.

One really annoying item is super-hammer. Her DD-buffed hammer acts like Pot slidehead, so it knocks down if you're at all on the ground.

A-to-A, I'd say is adv. Haku for j.C alone, but it needs to be spaced properly otherwise she'll slip right under its thin hitbox for an air grab or CH. She's vulnerable while summoning items in the air, so crank that j.C to annoy her.

A-to-G, you need to watch out for her very good AA. Agito helps here.

G-to-A and neutral isn't much of a threat. Plat prefers spamming items to make an approach. If they're still in the heart-car spam phase, just block and punish hard with a 5c CH for 6k or something. She has some good jabs and pokes, but yours are simply better. 3c CH ftw.

Overall, Plat is a solid character. Hakumen simply happens to negate most of her arsenal with Void, and outpokes her neutral game. If you can space normals correctly and make good work of j.C, I believe she'll have a hard time getting in on you. Keep a tight defence too, to avoid getting random CH'd from an item.

Can be an annoying matchup in some respects, but Haku's got the advantage here in my humble opinion.

What determines whether slicing a bubble leaves a Fuumajin? It seems to work sometimes, but not always.

Normally it'd just be a matter of properties and we'd expect to get a void every time. I think the bubbles are a special case though because they can be "popped" instead. The only time I remember getting voids is when you cut it during and maybe immediately after its start up. Otherwise they simply pop.

The bubble can be fuumajin'd during and after the startup but really during the startup. I experienced this the hard way when i fought a hakumen

Since it has that "pop" property where any hitbox will pop it, you have to hit a specific part of the bubble to make a void, I think.  This specific part is somewhere near the middle.  I've had more success with coming down on top of a bubble with j.2c and getting a void than anything else.

I think the biggest things to note in this matchup are her presents and her Kitty Hammer because both make approach pretty difficult, and gives her the chance to approach you. When you do have her down, be wary of current item because the fying pan and bat will disrupt a lot of your shit if you get careless.

Overall, keep an eye on her current item and act appropriately; You cut her  missiles and bombs for free better and to screw over their approach.

Wow, does it work with 5c meaty ---> kishuu?

I've just tested this a bit further. It seems to be distance dependent. If you're up in her face, then Kishuu will move you and Plat far away from the projectile causing it to completely miss. If you're about Haku 5B range or further then you'll have to delay the kishuu to avoid the projectile but even then, it's really strict on timing and you'll probably get tagged by the projectile anyway. 

In the corner, well... since you can't push Plat, the projectile will likely get you but here's another thing I've noticed. When the counter gets triggered, she throws out either a Pakumen doll or a Platinum doll. If she throws out the Pakumen doll, you can do (X normal) > Kishuu > block as fast as you can to block it then punish her. If she throws the Plat doll, that won't work.  :v:  It's the same thing with doing that midscreen about Haku 5B range. It's easier to get pass Pakumen since it's thinner and it's hard to get pass Plat because it's wider. :v: :v:

tl;dr: It's something you should do midscreen and up in her face since that's where it'll work everytime.