Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

[CP] Relius Clover vs Platinum the Trinity

Discuss the Platinum matchup here.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

In The Air: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

Her Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

Her Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

Not long enough, though I misspoke partially. She was in OD with super bullet, not regular ones.

Also, not really game changing, but the game can glitch and freeze the session (not the game though) against her. Somehow, after spamming OD super present combo to victory, she did her usual win animation, but walked right past Relius and kept walking. Similar I guess to that noel run glitch vs Kagura? Kicked everyone out of the session xD

This MU is gonna off me. I feel like I'm being trolled 24/7, cuz she always manages to have a projectile followed by bats. I can score the first hit, but oh, guess what? She got an item out. Oh great! It was the bat! Why does she get three of these things? Dx I can handle other in theory difficult MU's... but I sware this is one of my worst. At least against a good Plat.

Bats are the easiest Ley bait I think I've ever had, I've ley'd through all three in a row before for some hardcore counter trolling. Ignis can eat missiles pretty well, not so much with bombs. If she casts all three missiles you can ley the first two and 3C/2C punish as the third flies over. If she tries to do that stoopid new catch move of hers just start throwing out Tus because it'll tank the counter and punish her for great justice, teach her only real men play with dolls.

She's rushdown just like us but with different gimmicks and a worse neutral. get her blocking or hit and you can just finish her like that.

Usually I have no problem if I get her hit, but if I dont then it just turns into a pain in the ass. And the way she was using the bat was Bat>jump Bat, much harder to just ley through since it takes longer, wasting Ley's invul, and has a lot less recovery. Also, she wouls never burst, she would wait until she had low hp, pop OD with missiles/presents, then just lay on the 214D. THIS IS SOME MICHAEL BAY SHIT MAN. I'd end up eating a metric assload of chip damage or end up in danger state (or both).

Her counter actually didn't give me much trouble this time, but she didn't use it much. Only 3 times, 2 of which she was grabbed out of.

If you can get the wife in front of you using 214A, 6D, j.2D or some combination of the 3 you can use Tus to intercept all the missiles while Platinum has to look on in horror as she plugs ineffectual nuke after nuke into an uncaring, unfeeling death machine. Also Duo Bios is a thing.

It's worth the half a hour in training mode to find out how to do this.

I try, but as i said, she was actually good. Be honest here, there's not a lot of good Plats online xD. The ones that are good though... ouch. But usually the reason she gets away is because I didn't have any ignis meter left. Like I said before, she had an obsession with holdin that burst to troll me with OD tactics xD. Also, does her DD bat upgrade move her forward? I tried to use the DP safe meaty 22BD oki after j.214B ender, and she moved right tbrough it and slapped me in the face.

I wish I kept the replays of the matches, really need to stop keeping all my proud moments while ignoring my bad ones.

So Ignis died on ya, well that's the problem, otherwise there's a billion ways to take care of an OD happy Plat. I've confirmed we can ley through every single missile if we aren't forced to do wake up ley on the first one. If you ley through one the next will be the same distance from you the previous one was before you used ley ley.

Till she runs up and command grabs you. Telegraphed as hell, but it has a lot of range and since missiles force you to block, jump, or ley, its a gamble. I've played against this particular plat before, maybe its just the lack of MU exp. GIVINGUPONLIFE, IM SORRY FOR THE DODGING UP TIL NOW Dx

Wait this is Givinguponlife we're talking about here? Gawd, he's almost made me post here too. It's his bomb Oki that gets me, how to deal.

It wasnt him, luckily. I can sometimes manage to win 1 out of 4 against him. I won 2/5 against this Plat... she's just my worst MU, and not even cuz of her mixup Dx. Also a really annoying setup I was in today was bubble>command grab after missiles. Bubble would catch you in jump startup, and if you didn't, command grab. Maybe I should backdash even though its sad now.

That or turn our worthless DP into a unblockable set-up. If you know she's gonna do her command grab dash I don' see why not. If you can backdash it, then go for it.

Dont remind me of how bad Vinum is. I really wish they didn't go craxy and give every property to all of our projectile-ish moves.

Also, this is just something thats been bothering me, since people dont use these that often, but how exactly does one punish CDT or Ara's reversal DD? CDT seems simpler since you can actually wait out the whole thing and watch for the animation, but I kinda widh I could just "-block>stuff for 3.5-6k-"

CDT all you gotta do is wait it out then 3C it. You can use (dash->point blank3C->jump->j.C->2C->the rest) and the momentum from the dash will cross her up and put her back in the corner if she got around you.

For Ara's move I know you can dash barrier or 6D it to remove it's ground attack part (It's a really weird move) or 41236B it. you can straight up 236C it if he's facing the corner. I think this questions would be more appropriate in Ara's forum though.

Double post, sorry, but anyway. So I managed to not get pelted in the face with the bat against a Plat today only to find the situation that I dunno whst to do in.

So here's this situation. Full screen away, she sets down presents and manages to get bombs out. This is all the tools to keep me out and let her in, cuz for some reason, all of her projectiles stay active on block. Sadly, we don't have the same leisure, cuz while we can use 214A/B/C to close in, the second we block a present, she stops whatever she's doing. Do I really just have to wait to try and punish her advance when this happens? Cuz she can react to fullscreen zoning by sj.SM and just sit in thr sky while we waste ignis meter.

I also found out, I expect most of my tools to work the same in every matchup instead of what actually works in the matchup.

If she uses presents use lyra to lock her down then SJ>airdash over them If she tries to move Ignis will be in the perfect positiion to continue into j.2/6/8D and keep the child still while the father of the year readies his nine iron. For bombs, your guess is as good as mine, I'd have Ignis catch them with j.8D, but what really is the point, her goal is to lock us down with them and we're just adding CH frames to that goal and serving it on a silver platter. I forget if 4D catches bombs, but it'd be hilarious if we could respond with 11[A/B/C]+D

For sj.SM TKj.236C or IAD>j.236C can catch them for top lel counterhit combos. That move has an amazing hitbox and no one even knows.

Usually the sj.SM only came after she got a present or two out, so trying to get into a position to use j.236C was difficult. I've used it a few times though. And sadly its next to impossible to 22x her bombs because of the angle they fly at. I really wish at least something disappeared on block though, cuz getting into a situation where getting in is equivalent to giving them pressure is extremely frustrating. Why do ignis specials not finish if you block hmm? >:/

I think I have trouble on this MU entirely due tk bad luck... every time I'm low on ignis, Plat has something to make my life hell. Also didn't know tk.SM was a safejump, but that's just new knowledge to apply next time.