Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teslacrashed

Chipp woes

So I just picked up the game about 2 weeks ago. I've spent a lot of time watching vids, reading the Dustloop guides, and practicing various combos and whatnot. I know it means peanuts compared to real players, but I can beat the comp on hard 90% of the time with Chipp. Especially because I have learned how to do FD's and IB's and whatnot, I was feeling pretty good about playing my friends earlier today (they have never played GG or many fighters at all before). They button mashed me to pieces! Do I just suck? is it just hard to compensate for the +30% damage? I mean, after a few matches, I was often dying and they would have an inch or less of health, so I don't feel so bad. It's just even with all the advanced techniques didn't feel like they were helping.

This isn't really a Chipp specific thing. But if your opponent is just mashing, then just sit back and punish them when you see the opening. It also might be because you too are also new to the game and don't really have any real match experiences. Advanced techniques that most people come up with are meant for high-level play, BOTH players being good. Sometimes stupid crap will beat these advanced techniques out because good players assume they'll be playing people just as good or better than them.

alright, well I was concerned if just Chipp was a harder character to use and if that might be part of it, he seems to be to me, but I always like playing Speedfreaks in games, like Scout in Team Fortress 2. I'll try to take into account your saying that advanced techniques not being useful against non-advanced characters. I did win a lot more when I just kept spamming 2D then 2S, but it felt cheap :/

All that time fighting the CPU has only taught you how to beat the CPU. Now it's time to learn how to beat people. And for you, it looks like you be starting off on the masher variety. Spamming 2D and 2S isn't you being cheap, it's them being bad. You learned how to beat their tactics, now it's their turn to learn how to beat your's. And it'll keep going back and forth like this, and that's where alot of the fun is.

If they are really button mashing without any thinking, go Potemkin and spam hammerfall+Pot buster. That will teach them something.

from what i've learned, playing chipp is about speed, avoidance, and faking out. the computer can rape you in all. YOu can't teleport mix up a computer because quite frankly, he knows where your going every single time, if you can even hit a comp with dust, i appluad you *those bastards* chipp vs computer and chipp vs players are two different games. Just practice more vs people. It will come to you

playing chipp is about speed, avoidance, and faking out. the computer can rape you in all. YOu can't teleport mix up a computer because quite frankly, he knows where your going every single time, if you can even hit a comp with dust, i appluad you *those bastards*

wut

Alright alright. One word. Zanseirouga. Thats right, zanseirouga. They jump? Zanseirouga. They mash? Zanseirouga. They block? Zanseirouga, FRC/RC and throw them. They wake up? Zanseirouga. ... Just... dont do it for an OTG. How to get tension to do it? Teleport pressure strings. 5s 5s 5hs 22d j.hs/s 5s 5s 5hs 22d etc etc. If they get smart.. s-teleport and THEN d-teleport :D

I've found Dashing, 5p 5p 5p 5s 5s 5hs combos alone seem to keep them pressured, at least against the people I play Against. and yeah, I've discovered that Zansei Rouga is godly against my friends who almost never block. It's really awesome because only one of them has figured out how to Burst to get out of combos, so I just dust them and whack them with K's in the air.

absolutely random mashers are harder to play against than ppl who just started to really try and play. Anyway hope that at least one of your mates become a true fighting gamer

If they are really button mashing without any thinking, go Potemkin and spam hammerfall+Pot buster. That will teach them something.

This statement is very true. Don't forget to add slide heads. Gets them every time.

I've found Dashing, 5p 5p 5p 5s 5s 5hs combos alone seem to keep them pressured, at least against the people I play Against.

and yeah, I've discovered that Zansei Rouga is godly against my friends who almost never block.

It's really awesome because only one of them has figured out how to Burst to get out of combos, so I just dust them and whack them with K's in the air.

forget the 5ps and instead try: dash in -> S, S, 2S->236S, 236S, 236K, 2H, then air juggle them.:keke:

It won't likely work against a good player (the 236K is ridiculously telegraphed, though you can always RC it), but it's always fun to demoralize mashers.