Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMB Bakery

[CP] Hazama vs. Ragna the Bloodedge

Discuss the Matchup here! OP will be edited as information is collected.

Overview

Neutral

Spacing and Movement

Chain Zoning

Offense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Defense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Retaliation

その他

This is probably my worst matchup even though he was nerfed in CP. Any tips?

- DP or 6A beat chain approach easily, much more so than most AAs. DP can be baited if the opponent just autopilots it on reaction to a blocked chain but I haven't found any good way to punish 6A.

- j.C beats Hazama's 5A, 2C, and Gashoukyaku clean. Godlike normal in general, best option is to just block if he's in the air?

- Ragna cannot safely be punished with Jayoku after 5C unless he does Gauntlet, 2D or Dead Spike. Blood Scythe goes over Jayoku and he can cancel the recovery of any normal into ID on reaction to the superflash. He can also 2C delay 5B and kara the startup to OS mashing and Jayoku since his range is longer than yours.

- Once he has meter there are limited ways to bait ID. Hazama doesn't move fast enough to avoid ID completely in most cases and prevent him from RCing into a pressure turnaround. Stance backdash seems to be the best option but he can punish with 5B on reaction unless you commit to a well-timed Gashoukyaku.

- Gashoukyaku beats Blood Scythe and is considerably easier/safer to time than trying to AA with normals or airthrow, which usually trade in Ragna's favor.

- Gauntlet is a safe 50/50 pressure reset/mixup option for him unless you commit to Jayoku on reaction. He gets Gauntlet overhead to frametrap follow-up to RC pressure reset, and alternately gets pressure reset if you don't mash the first hit.

Honestly I have no idea how to deal with this character. Godly normals + godly DP + loads if pressure options = fml.

I don't play as Hazama, but you had me curious about the gauntlet hades pressure reset. Its not safe. I tested it with even Hazama's 2C, it doesn't get beat because gauntlet wiffs crouching. And if he RC's it, it works the exact same way as all other moves that are RC'd. You just made him spend 50 heat.

After a bit more testing, 2A CH's his GH followup, so you could go for OS barrier if you see him RC GH.

For the rest of your issues, I'm just a passerby who can't really help, but I hope this assists one issue xD;

Follow-up should be airtight and I think it also hits overhead so if you try to crouch to mash 2a or 2c you'll just get hit even if you don't get frametrapped. I could be wrong, I think that's how it was in extend though. Maybe it got nerfed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What's the best way to deal with overhead blood scythe thrown repeatedly above you? I honestly cannot deal with a move that changes my direction every second.

What's the best way to deal with overhead blood scythe thrown repeatedly above you? I honestly cannot deal with a move that changes my direction every second.

You can just jump and throw him. 2C might work too.

BS is an overhead? 

Anyway, ground BS gives Ragna +4 on block I believe, but it's incredibly slow. Your best punish is 2C if you are back against the corner, and I imagine 5C (haven't tested, but should work) mid-screen. Do watch out though, since this is his fatal counter move.

TK BS is unsafe for him on block.

Best response to Blood Scythe midscreen IMO is meet him air-to-air with either a throw or j.A. 2C whiffs if he crosses over you.

You have to read the Blood Scythe pretty early if you want to beat it with throw or j.A, although on the plus side he doesn't get anything off it even if it's an air FC. Your best bet is probably Flash Kick if anything, I think it wins even if Blood Scythe crosses up.