Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

Can someone give a general run down on what has changed for Litchi between CSEX and CP? I'm having trouble playing her now. I dunno what it is, but some things are just working differently in CP.

The obvious things that I've noticed are her new 4B move, her new distortion, and the removal of Great Wheel as a distortion and replaced as her Overdrive. I also noticed that 13 Orphans can be used to move in a upper diagonal line, but I dunno how to trigger that.

The subtle things that I've noticed that I'm not sure how much they have changed is that her j.5B is slower and is harder to use it as an overhead to get your attacks in. Also throwing your staff feels like it goes through the air slower. Something about chaining together the Three Dragons feels different too.

I just need some advice on what has changed and what I need to get used to now that I'm playing CP Litchi.

Can someone give a general run down on what has changed for Litchi between CEX and CP? I'm having trouble playing her now. I dunno what it is, but some things are just working differently in CP.

The obvious things that I've noticed are her new 4B move, and her now distortion with the removal of Great Wheel as a distortion and replaced as her overdrive. I also noticed that 13 Orphans can be used to move in a upper diagonal line, but I dunno how to trigger that.

The subtle things that I've noticed that I'm not sure how much they have changed is that her j.5B is slower and is harder to use it as an overhead to get your attacks in. Also using throwing your staff feels like it goes through the air slower. And something about changing together the Three Dragons feels different too.

I just need some advice on what has changed and what I need to get used to now that I'm playing CP Litchi.

Here you go

Collapsed: EX to ChronoPhantasma Litchi:
General :

Gravity/Jump arc change

5A/2A lose momentum faster than other moves during dash/run

Less Hitstop

New Moves:

4B (with and without staff) : Anti Air, Head Invulnerability

421C[e] : causes wall bounce on air hit or CH, chargeable - wall bounce off any hit for charged version

643214A[e] > D[e] : used for combos

632146C (with and without staff) : Reversal

5B[m] :

Pushback on block has been increased

6B[m] :

No longer wall bounces on CH (Ground), Still wall bounces on NH and CH (Air Hit)

2C[m] :

Anti-Air CH now has different trajectory (hits the opponent farther away from Litchi)

5C[m] :

First hit has less pushback

6C[m] :

Less Blockstun (8 frames less than Extend), less pushback, no Jump Cancel on Hit

jB [m] / [e]:

Horizontal Range increase, Vertical Range decrease

jC[e] :

Hitbox is smaller, Hurtbox is larger(?)

j2D[m] :

Second Hit Only : Less Blockstun (cannot frame trap 6A)

6D[m] :

First Hit Only : Special Cancellable, Opponent can now tech immediately after hitting the ground

Second Hit Only : No longer causes wall bounce (now has wall splat properties)

4D[m] :

Unsafe, No longer causes Wall Bounce (now has slide properties)

2D[m] :

Faster Recovery

5D[m] :

Slower Recovery

623D[e]/421D[e] :

No longer special cancellable from normal attacks (this includes aerial versions).

63214A[e] > B[e] :

Smaller Hitbox

63214B[e] :

Less Blockstun/Advantage on Block, Longer Untech time on Anti-Air CH

623D[m] :

Can no longer combo off single hit Tsubamegaeshi, hit trajectory has changed (hits the opponent farther away).

3 Dragons :

236C hit properties changed. Ground bounce. Can combo to 2A, 5B, 4B in some situations. Can no longer do combos such as 3C[e], 236B, 236A, 236C, 5B, 6C, etc.

13 Orphans :

2D Set 13 Orphans : Horizontal Hitting Version (Punches), No longer launches

5D Set 13 Orphans : Vertical Hitting Version (Spin)

Daisharin :

Is now OD, inputs are now controlled during the match instead of during super flash.

Here you go

Thank you. I can see what I need to get used to with CP Litchi. I feel like the way that I used her in CSEX isn't going to fly as well in CP. The most noticeable being these.

Collapsed: Noticeable Litchi Changes for me:
General:

Gravity/Jump arc change

Less Hitstop

jB [m] / [e]:

3 Dragons :

236C hit properties changed. Ground bounce. Can combo to 2A, 5B, 4B in some situations. Can no longer do combos such as 3C[e], 236B, 236A, 236C, 5B, 6C, etc.

13 Orphans :

The change in her gravity and her j.B are really big for me because I used to always use that to get a hit in in CSEX but now it seems like I can't really do that anymore. The chaining of the 3 Dragons means that I'm going to have to learn a new BnB combo for Litchi and understand when the C version will hit. I'll now also need to remember how I placed my staff for 13 Orphans to know how the Distortion is going to react. Also how does placing your staff with the other ways besides 5D and 2D affect the Distortion? There's probably a few other small things but I've been noticing there the most as I've been playing.

I am really liking her new Distortion. It's really flashy and it's fairly easy to combo into. And I guess I'll need to try out her new moves and learn a few new combos with them. I know she has this cool dash move now that I don't know the input for so I'm going to have to learn that in order to do some more cool stuff with her.

Finally, I probably just need to learn what new Jin does and Litchi match ups with him. My friend plays him a lot and I'm sure that it's the combination between the new things Jin can do and the things that new Litchi can not do that's making it a bit hard for me.

Practice! Practice! Practice!

Actually wait, what the hell does this mean? I tried to do this but I got nothing.

half circle back + A (aka stand on the staff), then press the D button (this is the new move for Litchi).

When there's a "[e]" after a move, it means that you have to execute the move staffless. Meaning you need to have the staff set first with 5D, 2D and others D moves.

On the other hand if there's a "[m]" it means you have to execute the move when you have the staff.

half circle back + A (aka stand on the staff), then press the D button (this is the new move for Litchi).

Well that makes more sense than 643214A[e]. Shouldn't it be 63214A[e] then?

Shouldn't it be 63214A[e] then?

Of course not. 643214 is such a common notation in fighting games.... It couldn't have possibly been a typo.

Thank you. I can see what I need to get used to with CP Litchi. I feel like the way that I used her in CSEX isn't going to fly as well in CP. The most noticeable being these.

Collapsed: Noticeable Litchi Changes for me:
General:

Gravity/Jump arc change

Less Hitstop

jB [m] / [e]:

3 Dragons :

13 Orphans :

The change in her gravity and her j.B are really big for me because I used to always use that to get a hit in in CSEX but now it seems like I can't really do that anymore. The chaining of the 3 Dragons means that I'm going to have to learn a new BnB combo for Litchi and understand when the C version will hit. I'll now also need to remember how I placed my staff for 13 Orphans to know how the Distortion is going to react. Also how does placing your staff with the other ways besides 5D and 2D affect the Distortion? There's probably a few other small things but I've been noticing there the most as I've been playing.

I am really liking her new Distortion. It's really flashy and it's fairly easy to combo into. And I guess I'll need to try out her new moves and learn a few new combos with them. I know she has this cool dash move now that I don't know the input for so I'm going to have to learn that in order to do some more cool stuff with her.

Finally, I probably just need to learn what new Jin does and Litchi match ups with him. My friend plays him a lot and I'm sure that it's the combination between the new things Jin can do and the things that new Litchi can not do that's making it a bit hard for me.

Practice! Practice! Practice!

4D is 5D set and 6D is 2D set reversed from CS

I prefer using ReachA, Chun, etc. The numbers, while still identifiable, don't represent constructs as easily to me as names.

So, the idea is to use constructs to establish patterns -

Haku > Hatsu > Chun

Which can be generalized to

ThreeDragons

Works for me.

4D is 5D set and 6D is 2D set reversed from CS

That was actually a really easy transition for me.

I prefer using ReachA, Chun, etc. The numbers, while still identifiable, don't represent constructs as easily to me as names.

So, the idea is to use constructs to establish patterns -

Haku > Hatsu > Chun

Which can be generalized to

ThreeDragons

Works for me.

I'm alright with that after playing Litchi for so long I've begin to memorize what all of he move names are. I've also picked up playing mahjong so I remember the names of her moves that way too now!

hi guys, im new to litchi and i was wondering what are some general tips you guys have for litchi?

What should i do in neutral?

Blockstrings?

Defense?

Offense?

Sup, welcome.

Neutral - Bait and hook you have more range than your opponents, use pokes with the staff in neutral for spacing, or use staff in motion along with yourself in order to safely advance and keep your opponent from acting while you make an approach, each successive hit you should be getting closer and closer to the wall. 41236D (A/B/C/D) is a good bait tool to catch people off guard, just make sure you are not within range of a low hit from the opponent when you do this move as it has no low protection.

Defense - If you have staff in hand Tsubame(623D) is an option, another option if opponent wants to hang just above your head you can use 4B which has an amazing vertical hitbox(it's range is also modified by 5/2B), if you're stuck in the corner with no staff either wait for your opponent to jump and attempt a 4B or run under and escape, that or spend 50 heat and counter assault, another option that some might not recommend but one that I like to use when I can 63214(A/B/C) no staff can be a better jumping option than a typical jump as it will move you towards your placed staff.

Offense - Don't drop a combo, take every opportunity you can to get all the way to the corner, learn to capitalize off random hits and convert, keep opponent locked in corner till death, Litchi is one of the better pressure characters who can remain safe especially when just outside the corner, only people you need to fear when it comes to taking risks are ones with DPs that have good hitboxes/inv frames like Ragna, Jin, Tsubaki

Everything else is just practice and learning when to take advantage of certain situations, learning your combos will be the most important part, knowing how to get 4B ittsu conversions is also a great tool that you need under your belt or any full screen carry combo.

What do you guys think is the best way to get that "in hit" on your opponent that allows you to set up some stuff after it. In CSEX I used to always use Litchi's j.B but the move in CP got reworked a bit. I'm getting more used to it, but it seems that it might not be as useful as it used to be and also more punishable though anti-air moves than before. Any tips?

Day 0:

Litchi is not necessarily easier right now. While her combos seem easier to build and her midscreen potential is higher now that she can do BLAH into super ender, the amount of time you'll have to take adjusting to new Litchi may be a while. I'm gonna be autopiloting a lot of CSE shit.

Also - this game IS much harder and the hitstop is MUCH less than before. The videos I've seen do NOT do it justice. You just have to play it be feel it yourself.

Anyways, I've got 6 or 7 challenges left to go. I don't think this means much compared to the actual combos and REAL tech.

Daisharin is going to be harder to control than I thought. You can't tap D and 4 like I thought. Using it passively is difficult and will take very good timing, using it offensively will take a lot of coordination and practice. It's a good start - I pretty much am trying to discover facts for myself tonight.

Yes I'm kinda feeling it now after playing for a week. I did a few runs through in Arcade mode just to figure out how she controls now and I'm feeling it now. I can hold my own better against my friend than I could have when I first picked it up. You're right that you really just have to get the feel of it.

And yeah, Daisharin is really weird to control. The timing of it is interesting and it's going to take some training to understand it fully. I've lost a few fights because I thought that it would get the hit in but it didn't.

For anyone having trouble using wakeup OD properly, you can send Daisharin out as you are recovering from OD and still invincible.

For anyone having trouble using wakeup OD properly, you can send Daisharin out as you are recovering from OD and still invincible.

thank you @_@ I've been getting hit every time. This should help a lot.