Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

For anyone having trouble using wakeup OD properly, you can send Daisharin out as you are recovering from OD and still invincible.

This is probably going to help me a lot. Thanks.

Well, I had something for 75 meter for 5100 damage but unfortunately I forgot what I did to link it all together.

What I really need right now are better corner carry confirms or higher midscreen damage.

Something is off about trying to keep people in the corner. Either I'm not used to moving yet or the moves are actually different.

I'm on Day 3 - learned a lot of stuff these past two days.

So, as of Day 5:

I feel pretty good that I've done a lot of things in this version I never did in extend, but when I play the game it bothers me at the difference in skill. Netplay definitely isn't the best vehicle to evaluate skills, and the matches I had against 0 and 1 bars can show that. I really do not like going to very safe BNBs or failing to neutral because of input lag (or input bugs!), but despite all these worries and problems, I'm doing pretty good. The good news is I see a lot of similar mistakes in higher level Litchis, which isn't so bad.

Going through the whole cast's challenge and training mode was good and I got a lot of information but need to apply it. I don't have answers to everything, and I'm running into problems those of you who got the game early mentioned. I don't know what you've done to fix it, so I'm on my own figuring it out.

Also - after DP knockdown the approach is much more dicey - people usually wake up as you are activating the staff on dash in. LordKnight mentioned this problem but I don't think I ever heard of a solution. My approach is much more weak, and it shows since I haven't been able to make anyone block on wakeup, they get hit or I get hit. I used to feel better about this in Extend where I could start a blockstring or set up Throw/High/Low, but lately there's just no approaching anyone easily.

So - my goals for the next week are hitconfirms to my midscreen combos, add a few more of those, and see where I stand fundamentally. I don't know how to fix that other than playing, but as you all know, I've been playing a very long time. I have no idea what to change about that.

I also want to take a day or so for a "4B the Universe" event. This move is very good, but using it is more difficult than I thought in training.

This character is really good. I feel like I can beat Kokonoe. :D

Hey guys, I'm thinking of making a voiced guide of sorts for basic stuff since it seems there are new players interested in Litchi and not everyone reads forums (we also historically are not very organized with information)

If there's some interest, what would you like to see covered?

A voiced guide sounds good. Things I'd like to see are:

-What use each of her normals have in neutral, offense, and defense.

-How her drive functions and what applications it has in neutral, offense, and defense.

-Basic setups, mixups, and okizeme.

-Combos that are good for people getting started with her.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of making a voiced guide of sorts for basic stuff since it seems there are new players interested in Litchi and not everyone reads forums (we also historically are not very organized with information)

If there's some interest, what would you like to see covered?

This sounds like a good idea. I think how to handle neutral would be interesting to see. Since litchi has a strong neutral game and some people might have trouble with that area.

guys while fighting i had someone in presure and went into 5b 2c kanchan. during this they CA'ed and i went right through it and got a free FC for it. Moral of this story, Kanchan baits CA's

Kanchan (both versions) have head and body invuln at 9-15/9-23f respectively.

That I didn't know o.o guess i should read the frame data more thoroughly >~< thanks dude, that makes a lot of sense now.

That's why its so sexy lol

Especially during safe Staff Launch setups and in OD (if the opponent is blocking)

Kan-chan their spine!

How are you guys just now finding out about 6B+C..?

I don't really like 2B+C since I have the habit of holding downback during crouching moves and I get back throw. Also 6B+C is longer if you late-kara it anyways.

Fun useless fact: 4B[m] kara (barrier or throw) goes really far lol.

It wasn't as good in CSE so I never bothered. I just started looking into kara with the throw hitbox nerf.

The kara distance itself is unchanged. By all means it was better in CSE.

that last thing with bang, were you gonna do 6c?

no o.o i was doing 5b then saw him go overdrive and though "shit shit shit shit mash barrier and hope it works" and i pressed 2a, finger slipped and didn't press b (i do it manually and don't have a button set for BBlocking) and saw "FINISH" and was like " ._. dafuq???"