Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel vs. Izayoi

Discuss the Izayoi matchup here.

Her D Sonic Saber (only available in GA mode, consuming 1 stock) has a terrible durability. Any Lobelia or a mere pumpkin hit is enough to make it disappear.

We need to be careful when summoning George, as she can quickly teleport behind us for 2 stocks.

Izayoi struggles against airborne opponents.

You will want to sit back this match-up. At midrange her normals are better than yours for the most part.

On oki watch out for reversal DD.

On defense be wary of her instant overheads (her forward dash is Morrigan / I-No / Aigis style)

You will want to sit back this match-up. At midrange her normals are better than yours for the most part.

On oki watch out for reversal DD.

On defense be wary of her instant overheads (her forward dash is Morrigan / I-No / Aigis style)

Keep in mind that you can 6A her dashing overheads if you think she's going to do it raw. It's a dangerous option, but it exists.

Her reversal super is 7 frames, so be careful what you do on oki.

Izayoi has crap for defensive options without burning meter, so as long as you don't leave huge gaps in your blockstring or keep throwing in lows, she has literally no way out of pressure.

Break her swords or dodge them. Don't block them. She gains stock from any blocked specials, and once she has a few stock in the bag, she can go on the offense immediately.

In that same vein, since this match is so momentum based, it's not uncommon for Izayoi to start the round with overdrive, just to gain a couple stock to get going.

Watch out where you summon things, because Izayoi can DP you out of the sky at various ranges, or teleport and throw you. Pumpkin approaches make this matchup far better for you, as she has no real answers to it aside from just getting out of the way.

Maybe its just me but as rachel you shouldnt be getting crossed up so much as rachel, even then with her wide C normals the best thing to do would just probably block