Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

[CP] The Critique My Hakumen Thread

@Soviet

From what I saw in your videos:

vs Kagura: I feel you don't know the matchup very well. Second round looked like you had trouble blocking and getting out of the corner

vs Ragna: you stuck out a few 2B's but didn't get much out of them. You can kishuu > enma or renka > [stuff] for more damage and corner carry. Also in your j2C > 5C > Zantetsu combo, if you think the Zantetsu won't connect you could kishuu > enma > BnB for guaranteed damage

vs Jin: you became too predictable with the drives. The Jin noticed but he couldn't close out the match.

More advanced Hakus, please discredit any thing I've said

Yeah, that was the first non-laggy Kagura match I ever had (making it the second Kagura match ever, I guess). Regarding your Ragna 2B comment, you mean kishuu/renka after landing a 2B? Is that on counter hit only?

2b combos into both Kishuu > Enma or Renka on normal hit. It's really good to use when you think they'll jump out.

Sometimes it's really hard to confirm a 2b hit though, so a simpler combo that gets you meter and knockdown if you notice you hit with 2b:

2b, 2a > 2a > 3c does 1k+ damage if I remember correctly. Gets you knockdown meaning oki setups or more mixup. You can use varying amounts of 2A before 3C for knockdown.

Watch me almost get destroyed by a bottom tier and tell me what I could do better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5ckEwIjhE

I feel like I respected him way too much, but every time I'm at distance against Amane I feel vulnerable.

Also I don't just turtle and Yukikaze because he was already looking out for that, but it might have still worked xD

You seem to know the MU pretty well enough, only thing I can tell you is that you may wanna stay out of his DPC(The cloth grab) range and punish those whiffed J.C's and 5C's. Once you get in on him, there's not much he can do and he doesn't have a reversal without 50 heat, so be aware of that.

I watched half the video so far. You never used 6B once. It would help with your pressure a lot.

Also be careful with those j.B jump ins. He got you every time except once.

Yea, his 6A can pretty much beat anything you try to jump in with. Not even Agito>J.B works.

>Sadness.

Its been a while since I've posted vids here for critique, but I actually managed to get on stream and get some recorded :P

http://www.twitch.tv/nygamer/b/515661031

I got about 10 or so matches recorded

First match is at 1:05:41

Second is at 1:22:32

And the rest of my matches are from 1:42:01 and onward for about 30 minutes.

And yes, I know I don't use 5C enough.

I watched a few (maybe half) of your matches and I have one question: where are the loops? 

You dropped like 90% of the loop combos I saw and I am curious as why that happened.

Cuz I'm on a stick, and its been months since I've been able to do it properly. I can do the loop fine, I'm just really out of practice in doing it.

You could have 6A'd like all of that guy's jump ins. He was just asking for it. The first match.

I was going to suggest 5D too. 6A is safer; if they empty jump you won't be as vulnerable. But my point was that he was giving you a lot of chances to use either of them.

Alright, here's a video that can actually be addressed without Twitch. It takes place before the session I previously posted tho...about 2-3 days before. I was having trouble with the Ragna matchup and challenged a friend of mine to a FT10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_d82R1xbg

Was this played on netplay or offline?  It makes a lot of difference because online, low/overhead mixups are true 50/50s sometimes even if they have startup because of input lag.

This Ragna is really very good!  That said, you won, or got close to winning, when you stole his momentum.  Here are some things you can try to disrupt this player's (and Ragna's) momentum:

You mash out of pressure a lot.  Trust yourself to block his mixup.   

I know I bashed wake-up TK hotaru in another thread, but in this personal matchup I think it could get you a lot of mileage.  He likes to grab you or double jump in the air above you a lot on wake-up, and Hotaru beats both these things.

Use more barrier to push him out.  It forces him to use a gap-closing move like Gauntlet Hades, which makes his pressure strings more predictable.   When he's pushed out, he tends to either Gauntlet Hades or that stabby move in the ground that's Dash cancellable (I forget what its input is lol).   Option-select Yukikaze here until he learns to mix it up more.

His pressure also has a lot of the same rhythm to it in the first few hits.  Work on IB'ing those and you could definitely 2d catch. 

Edit:  Also this is something I also need to work on:  More 6b and throws during your pressure.  

Two most important things imo:

You had some good 5d catches there.  I suggest you learn to confirm it into lv2 shippu --> that alone could have won you a lot of matches.   4k for 4 stars off a counter is ridiculously good, esp against a low-hp character like Ragna.  In this case, confirm 5d or 2d into shippu every time.  Don't worry about spending meter.

Stay grounded and react.  He likes to jump in and airdash at you a ton, or Death scythe in neutral to get in.  All of it is 6a'able on reaction.  

Was this played on netplay or offline?  It makes a lot of difference because online, low/overhead mixups are true 50/50s sometimes even if they have startup because of input lag.

Which normals/specials are you talking about specifically? I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but 6B and 5B > Renka mixup is a true 50/50. You can't react to that (if that's what Yakuza was doing).

He was referring to the Ragna I was fighting against and his mixup against me.

To answer Moblin tho, it was online.

I saw like only one 6B, and I assume that came out because you got crossed up. In addition to shippu off of drives, you could also do the A-cancel-enma for some decent damage. Needs more kishuu/grabs as well. ESPECIALLY kishuu with them english voices.

"MMM! Tickles... MMM! Holding back? MMM! MMM! Impressive... MMM! MMM! Done so soon? MMM! Not yet! MMM! CUM, DARK ONE.

MY TURN..."

That Ragna seemed pretty solid, especially nice burst baits. Though that 5C>2D>5C>2D>5C>2D through me off a bit, and literally only ONE dead spike?!

Because Hakumen can 2D Dead Spike and make it freeee.

And yea, I've been working on getting some decent damage off of counters now. I used to Shippu all of the time after them actually, I just figured my meter was better suited to other things.

Here's a FT5 I had before our local Carl player left for Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlDzq-Mh5Y

Any critique is welcome!

Alright, I watched your vid yesterday and forgot to comment on here.

• First of all, you did pretty well containing him in the corner and staying aware of your meter (it seemed like).
  • I would use 6B > RC more if you score those non-CHs as I believe that could have won you a few rounds or would have came close.
  • Also, there was one or two instances where you were low on life with your back against the corner and back threw him. RC > OD'ing there would have destroyed Carl's health bar.
  • Although you did air-dashed safely out of the corner a good amount, you air-dashed or jumped into the sandwich which is Carl and Nirvana. You probably know better than most that's not a pretty situation to be in.
  • You seemed to CA well when in a massive pressure-string and blocked a lot of mix-ups/cross-ups well so really good on that.
  • Good use of tick-throw/TRM traps with 2A > Throw.
  • D > Shippu more if you're sitting on a bunch of meter. There were are few times where you could have ended the match with that. I saw you did it once or twice (not sure) so it might have been nerves.

Alright, so I'm just going to sum up my feelings by saying you need to get consistent with your play. You've shown in the matches that you know how to punish, combo, and space properly; it's just that there are points where you just randomly stop and start doing so. Also, if you throw out a move, make sure you know the combo off of it and/or know why you're at least using the move for. A local Tekken player, Kodee, gave me that advice, and it helped me see things differently. Otherwise, pretty good play. Good luck and I hope this helps.

You're really good at sticking 2d in between Nirvana's attacks to disrupt Carl's pressure.  I am definitely stealing that.

You might want to work on confirming into loop better after a j.B confirm.  There were many times you could have confirmed your j.B --> 2b > Loop for like 2.5k, corner carry, and knockdown Oki.   

At 7:45ish, when you get the backthrow in the corner, the round should have been over immediately.  RC ---> 5c OD THAT SHIT

You're a really good Hakumen, those are just the things I noticed from about 10 minutes of watching.

You're quite right Sans, the most major thing for me right now is to get more consistent as the good and off days can be quite different.  For example, that day I couldn't for the life of me get Shippu to come out when I wanted it to so I wasn't able to close out as many as I should have.

I still need to work on confirming 2B into enma and will hopefully iron that out relatively soon.

Also with respect to the Carl matchup, in serious play I avoid the sandwich much more but I personally find it rather boring so in casuals I go in just to make the match more exciting and to practice my defense.

Thanks for the advice guys!