Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

[CP] The Critique My Hakumen Thread

Its been a long time since I got into Grand Finals for our local tournament but it finally happened last weekend.  Please give me any advice you have.  I'm particularly happy with how I played against Bmeister barring some combo drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAnUSs60E8&list=UU2pktn2f2GhehxvFXFeCOQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0IKeDVoQE&index=7&list=UU2pktn2f2GhehxvFXFeCOQg

I didn't finish watching, but I'm overall impressed by you matches against Kokonoe. I only have small nitpicks since I don't know the matchup. Judging by the lack of dependency on unit cookie dough, this is CP 1.1 correct?

Very solid defense and great patience against Kokonoe, she was one of my main major turn offs from CP among other character specific reasons.

Some random normals thrown out and occasional dropped combos. I'll expand more when I have time (an when I have actually slept)

I never know what to say for a critique. Everything seems so obvious.

Also we need more veteran Haku players coming back. I feel like the only adult at a park swarming with kids nowadays.

Card games are better.

/Exit

My matches from a little, german online tournament. Even if I drop BB now to have more time for Xrd, some last critique would be nice, improvement should never stop and I'll return to BB when 2.0 is getting its homeport.

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs mik_oro pt.1

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs mik_oro pt.2

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs CrushingEagle pt.1

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs CrushingEagle pt 2

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs CrushingEagle pt.3

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs Jees144 pt.1

Hardedge BBCP Online Tournament vs Jees144 pt.2

I saw a lot of dropped combos, granted most of them seemed to be later loops. Still you're giving up a slightly more favorable position when that happens.

Something I'd comment on is you have a habit of wanting to do 5C ground to air a lot. I can see why you're fishing for it, but there were several cases where it ended up leaving you open, and other times it was simply beaten outright. Don't forget you also have 6A, 5D, and 2C for that.

The other thing I noticed is that most of your opponents seemed to be aware of your drive habits, and it didn't seem to be doing you too many favors.

Thx, yeah, I give up oki nearly everytime. I was fucking nervous (I'm a really bad tournament player). The drops where mostly online Problems, which you can't see when watching safed online matches via the theatre. I should have captured them directly.

And you're right with my 5C habit, I'm fishing too much for it as a counterhit starter.

Yes, those panic D's are typical for me and I often end up getting waltzed over me.

I'm glad that someone exactly covers my self-analysis, thx again.

I always fall back into those things when playing tourneys, in casuals I play more like someone who does his homeworks.

I figured since the end of the semester is approaching and I'm actually going to have time to play games again, I'm gonna start getting ready for CP2 even tho it looks boring as fuck. This session is from today with a friend of mine's Bullet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKH-EOxGQs

Her 2B is really a problem, so I either have to whiff punish or relearn how to 2D. I also gotta stop hopping forward in pressure because of that shit. Other than that, feel free to talk.

Work on your hit confirming. You had that first round won like three times but never capitalized on your 5Cs or 2Bs. There was a 6C CH too. Throwing in a Gurren helps.

There were a lot of times where she was running in on you from the ground or resetting pressure, and you could have 2B or 3C'd her. Instead you let her get in for free.

Are Bullet's jumpins that good? You never tried to AA them.

I also wouldn't recommend doing all those airdashes from full screen. They're extremely telegraphed and you didn't get much from them anyway.

You should also be careful with all those 5Cs. It can give you juicy rewards, but you'll get killed if you're whiffing with it a lot.

It's your decision, but I would save your burst for later in the round on the off chance you can get a 2d/5c/3c CH.    You can steal rounds very easily, but you do give up the momentum disruptor that you can use against Bullet.   

You almost have the IAD > j.a, j.c thing down - every time you whiff it and the j.c doesn't come out it's a huge opening where hakumen is not putting out any hitboxes.    But you do try to use it in a lot of good ways.  Go into practice mode and do it 10 times in a row.

You could use barrier blocking more to push bullet out and give yourself some breathing room.  Every time you use it he has trouble getting in, but you don't use it nearly enough.

You could work on your loop execution some more, but with 2.0 coming out you may well well not.

Work on confirming off of your 2b, even if it's just 2b (normal or counter hit) > 2a xwhatever > 3c, it pushes them slightly to the corner, let's hop in on their knockdown and set up some better oki.    You got like 3 CH 3bs in a row and didn't get knockdown or combo off them at one point.   

Every time I saw you get CH Agito, the follow up was dropped.  j.B later and 5c faster when you hit the ground, cuz it could have ended a few rounds single handedly.  

Also he crispness of HD frame rate is amazing

It's your decision, but I would save your burst for later in the round on the off chance you can get a 2d/5c/3c CH.    You can steal rounds very easily, but you do give up the momentum disruptor that you can use against Bullet.   

Here's what he means by saving your burst. Shameless Self Plug

Also, another step you can take towards getting ready for CP2, is start using the IAD combo more. It's surprisingly useful, and I kind of wish I had used it a lot more sooner.

You can do 2B > Gurren(renka for az, kag, and a couple others) off of a lot of confirms. It's pretty efficient and gives you loads of corner carry, which will be especially important in CP2.

Are Bullet's jumpins that good? You never tried to AA them.

Her J.C is pretty much a damn Anti Anti Air, she has enough frames to block when I've tried to anti air her. But I can see what I can do, I'll probably just rely on Hop Hotaru more.

Also those air dashes were me trying to do the J.A>j.C setup and just fucking it up, just something I gotta practice more.

And thanks for the other advice guys, I don't really care too much about executing the loop anymore considering it's going to be obsolete soon but I can start working on some 2.0 combos in the meantime.

I figured since the end of the semester is approaching and I'm actually going to have time to play games again, I'm gonna start getting ready for CP2 even tho it looks boring as fuck. This session is from today with a friend of mine's Bullet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKH-EOxGQs

Her 2B is really a problem, so I either have to whiff punish or relearn how to 2D. I also gotta stop hopping forward in pressure because of that shit. Other than that, feel free to talk.

0:24 I'm certain you could have combo'ed off that IAD jb, if not done an early preemptive hop into a 2c reset.

0:38 why are you mashing, under normal circumstances you should be IB'ing her pressure strings, but since it's lolnetplay, you could have barrier blocked and jumped out. I haven't played BB in a long time, but I don't think Bullet's pressure in CP 1.1 is difficult to jump out of, especially when she's out of range after being barrier blocked.

0:43 You finally did what I just said, but you let go of barrier for some reason, now you're back to square one.

0:47 I'm certain you could have inserted a 2d in the middle of her block string somewhere here, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

0:50 Good job blocking her overhead, but why are you still allowing her to pressure you?

1:00 Sad times, couldn't block her overhead twice in a row :(

1:12 Yayyy you barrier blocked to push her out, and jumped out. :D

1:18 Aren't you supposed to keep her from charging up like that for free?

1:23 Good combo, glad to see you didn't drop that

1:32 Why on earth did you drop a CH 5C? Needs better hit confirm, especially when you're sitting on that many stars.

1:34 You took too long to do TK Tsubaki, you should've gone for that immediately after the 2a, as he was already conditioned to block after eating a few counter hits.

1:36 Why didn't you AA his air dash?

1:37 Once again, why are you mashing?

1:38 :(((((((((((((((((((((

I think this critique is good enough. I only watched one round, kinda lazy to write all of this for every round lol.

EDIT: Overall your Hakumen is decent, but it needs work regarding hit confirms, reads/anticipation, and passive agrgressiveness on defense. But you had good blocking and combos, whenever you got the chance to do them.

Yea, blocking Bullet is kind of a pain in the ass for me. Appreciate the critique tho, I'll probably focus on IBing and punishing her in addition to everything said here.

You can't really IB online. But you can barrier block and push him out. Does Bullet have not-so-shit pressure/mixup now or something? Why does she give you a hard time?

You should try to pressure them once you get a knockdown off of 3C.  If you were worried about a DP it didn't happen often enough for you to give up momentum like you did there.

Also if you're having trouble with Bullet pressure try to look through the common bullet pressure strings and find out where you can counter to take back momentum.

With regards to anti airing bullet's j.C, it isn't super fast and if their low enough to block your antiair in time (I'm assuming 6A), then you probably could have used 5A in that situation to anti-air them due to speed and 5A's good hitbox.  However, It does have the tendency to keep her hurtbox higher than the hitbox of the move so if you use 5A while she's high in the air then you might whiff.  In that scenario use 6A as its head invul will beat the move cleanly or if it crosses up create distance from her.  This is online, though so it may be difficult to react to but its some options you have.

You can't really IB online. But you can barrier block and push him out. Does Bullet have not-so-shit pressure/mixup now or something? Why does she give you a hard time?

Her pressure kind of resets into itself(+2-6 grabs son), makes it difficult to get anything out. Might just have to learn to mash out 2D and Yukikaze push come to shove if I can't IB well enough online.

This isn't really a critique video as much as it is me wanting to stick this somewhere.

This was an exciting match I got to play against Soul a couple of weeks ago. It'd be nice to get on his level with confirms and what not. I also noticed there were a lot of late techs I could have punished pretty easily, but he had conditioned me to expect him to tech immediately from previous matches.

Enjoy
http://youtu.be/xsLi3DQcZ-4

You look like you're doing fine against your friend. Bullet's best tools in the match up though are her 5/2B pokes have surprisingly good range, her j.C gives her some good cross ups and safe jumps, and her pressure gets safer if she has her drive charged up a lvl or two.

Learning how to space her out while respecting her commands grabs will probably help out a lot.