4Corners

Zappa Videos (all versions)

great Zappa vs Robo-Ky match but check out the weird color dog glitch/bug(im assuming :psyduck: ).

Zappa summons the dog out black and it quickly turns green

around 1:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbR-AWk0Qx8

That happens when you have another palette color other than the default and command the dog before it gets a chance to appear in its default stance. Most commonly happens when you burst after an attack and hold a direction while you do it.

I've been thinking about this off and on for a while.My question is, if i wanted to play ex zappa or any other ex character is it ok to play them in a tourney?Also Are any ex character better then the normal version?

I've been thinking about this off and on for a while.My question is, if i wanted to play ex zappa or any other ex character is it ok to play them in a tourney?Also Are any ex character better then the normal version?

Generally negative on the first question, and the EX characters can tend to be a bit broken.

I like the ghost FB attack, it's like Storm's Ice Super, with bananas!

Yeah 99% of tournies ban Ex characters. That's one of the reasons you rarily ever see EX matches on youtube. But then again, I never look. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrdKpI4elk

At the end of the match, eki chan uses the low spit+ force break for a quick low-high combination. Not sure if its unblockable, but it looks like no ones gonna be blocking that anyways.

The way he mixed in the throw later was genius as well.

Yea, that ending looked like a textbook. Only if he had enough tension to look like he was able to FB again and then throw would it be the perfect mindfuck (I think).

If I saw that done live, I would have probably stopped playing Zappa forever.

Agreed. I am really curious as to whether this match was in an arcade or on console. He may have had a programmable stick. I know that combo is possible and all but I always assumed that dog combo video combos like that would be too hard for a human to do consistently. I mean for crying out loud he got over 100 hits!!!! Kudos to him though.

I remember watching this guy before early this year. I saved his videos because he has one of the sickest dog's I've ever seen.

Yea, that ending looked like a textbook. Only if he had enough tension to look like he was able to FB again and then throw would it be the perfect mindfuck (I think).

Well if it worked on Ruu, i don't think there would be anyone who you could try it on the first time and they'd be able to block it :P Maybe i'm a bad player but with my hp so low, and having eaten an unblockable i'd never seen before, last thing on my mind would be checking the opponent's tension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6WTATSd_5U

skip to 2:42, still a good match though. just thought you guys should know.

I thought it was awesome, until i saw he lost the match. That raises a few eyebrows as to whether thats a viable combo. Sure, its flashy, but you give your opponent way too much tension for the damage done. If he had done the textbook knockdown and corner combos that Eki-chan or Nang-In usually do, he would have gotten the same amount of damage (or more.)

And if that Johnny had managed to escape, he wouldnt have had enough tension to do those big combos later.

Just as a note, f.S FB isn't an unblockable. Actually, I'd think it'd be easy to see coming because it's just kind of obvious to do an overhead after a low, and the flash and sound pretty much scream overhead. Not a bad tactic (it obviously worked) but I'm not expecting that to happen often. And that dog loop is silly. It's a viable combo, Umarerul; he could have continued until he killed the guy if he had the patience/didn't mess up. But, the damage is too small and it takes too long for it to even matter, as it'd time up eventually anyways. If it's your cup of tea, whatever, but I hate boring fights like that. Also, he could have bursted.

Why isn't Zappa very good? Because right here we have him doing a 100+ hit really technical combo that does damage that Potemkin could have done just by faceplanting.

Why isn't Zappa very good? Because right here we have him doing a 100+ hit really technical combo that does damage that Potemkin could have done just by faceplanting.

Why is Zappa good?

corner dog 2HS+2D, 2HS JC+8D, jK, jS, JC+8D, jK, jS, 8D

Yay!

Hey it seems the zappa video "cannon" was taken off youtube......I really wanna watch it again does anyone have it saved maybe? or maybe somebody else would have better luck finding it? thanks in advance.

Hey it seems the zappa video "cannon" was taken off youtube......I think phrek posted it in another thread a while back. It was mostly a raoh combo vid and im almost positive that was the name.....I really wanna watch it again does anyone have it saved maybe? or maybe somebody else would have better luck finding it? thanks in advance.

i have some Zappa vids you may not have seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICVbejOeTA

Considering how thoroughly eki-chan knows the character now, it's not surprise he decided to move on to a new character. Dunno if he's officially made the switch to millia yet, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdSH2Yc20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeHEFXwoT7g

He's not playing Millia, that's another player. You can tell by the final match. The first vid isn't that impressive to me, seems the opponents are sub-par getting caught Dust after Dust until the Ky finally figures it out at the end. Eki is always great though.