Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coinage

Order-Sol vs. Sol

You don't have to dash if he's dead in the corner. j.H, j.D, dj.H, j.D | j.S, j.D, dj.H, j.D, BRP You will need to dash if you switch out that j.S for a j.H, but it's only a two damage difference. Besides, I usually drop my shit against Sol if I dash into it. I never get the second j.D to hit/hit right. Full dls on Sol are just too inconsistent.

On Sol, your goal is to combo his feet, as he lacks a decent aerial hitbox toward his knees. As such, if you want to pick up a Dust Loop off, say, a 2D xx Lvl2 BHB AC FRC dashing j.HS, you need to add a few hits before you do the 2D, or delay the cancel to BHB later so he has more time to distance himself from you as he falls. It's the same principle for landing a Lvl1 GB midscreen-ish into DL on Sol; you let him fall as low as you can, and then do a dashing j.HS. If you instead do a deep dashing j.HS then your first dj.D won't hit.

Seeing as in the few times I tested it I couldn't really get the 5h>jd part to hit, I'm just going to keep doing my simplified dustloop. 3-4 damage can be made up for with otgs in the instance that they survive where they would have died from a manlier combo, and in the instance that the otgs after the manlier combo would have killed, well, fuck, I'll just end the round in typical hos fashion with a jp:vbang: Either way, thanks for computing the damages so we can really gauge which combos to use. I actually thought the hj variation did more damage(I guess it does if you sji) and it's good to see that I'm not cheating my self too bad with my gimped combo. I honestly don't see the reason to use the sj variations except when you think they're going to be too high to get the first dust after the rejump. I get so many airthrows off keeping them low that it's not really worth it to take them up there unless you just plain can't do a running jump hs consistently(which if so, you should remedy that asap). for the tl;dr croud: Sorry WUT, I have failed. -The guy tired of getting punished for whiffing jh through teching opponents edit: I forgot that I wanted to say how giving up oki on sol because you don't want to get VVed is dumb because of hos's ability to safejump off like any of his knockdowns. I am also biased because my favorite style mixups are fuzzy guards, especially because getting a dloop off a fuzzy is probably the best feeling I get combo-wise outside of hearing "counter" after I throw out a fafnir(and it isn't me getting comboed)

But to prevent fuzzy guard Sol IGs when he gets up:P The Throw rj.H-D, dj.H-D, S sj.S-H-D,dj.(H-)D(, BRP) combo is impossible due to knockback issues.

I honestly don't see the reason to use the sj variations except when you think they're going to be too high to get the first dust after the rejump. I get so many airthrows off keeping them low that it's not really worth it to take them up there unless you just plain can't do a running jump hs consistently(which if so, you should remedy that asap).

But to actually get the 5S© into hj combo from a throw, you NEED the dash j.HS in the beginning. So it's not the case of doing hj combos because you can't do dash j.HS, those combos actually need the dash in the beginning so you're close enough.

Otherwise you'd have to do dash 5S© after the semi dust loop part of the combo and that's way more of a pain to do than an opening dash j.HS.

Damage is damage if you don't mind sacrificing the manly approach of "I'm doing max damage AND gonna knockdown this fucker" lol

btw WUT, thanks for the dust loop tips vs Sol, I've got them to be a lot more consistent from corner throw now using that delay after the initial dash j.HS, j.D.

Dust Looping with HOS = an exact, character specific science

lol

Sol's isn't terribly fast... It's the dp I bait most frequently and successfully. Too fast is the likes of Robo with his stupid 3f dp. Risking almost half your lifebar on nailing a 3f timing trap really isn't worth it unless you 100% sure you'll do it right. The sad part is robo's tend to dp like 100% of the time in that situation so its basically a lot of missed damage :/